What would make you walk out of a U2 concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard from the 2nd cousin of the janitor at the pacific coliseum that they are going to do the Bono solo acoustic version of "the fly", as seen on FROM THE SKY DOWN.

Somebody who stopped to pat the second cousin's cat reckons that's going to actually be an Adam solo acoustic version.

The only concert I ever walked out of was john Mayer. In 2003 he was co-headlining with the Counting Crows, whom my girlfriend at the time was obsessed with. CC were good, and we stuck around for about 1/3 of John Mayer. He was such a douche, the 13 year old girls were screaming their heads off, and his never ending guitar solos just had a "EVERYBODY LOOK HOW GOOD I AM" vibe. I even liked his "Room for Squares" album, but wasn't prepared for what an asshole he was in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The dramatic live new ending to Running to Standstill with Bono needle in hand. And Lance of course. (actually this would rock)

enhanced-buzz-26052-1389686202-11.jpg

Tony Blair* strolling on, shirt unbuttoned one button too many, with a Strat, to guest on "Peace on Earth"

*insert your own favourite ghoul here

If Bono stopped the show and said, "Yes, it's true: I am in the Illuminati, and you are all going to sell your souls to Satan." And then Edge sacrifices a goat on Larry's drums and sets them on fire.

Or a beheading. That would be pretty bad, too.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

On-stage reenactment of The Human Caterpillar.

Whether this is done by the band themselves, or by fans chosen from the audience, it doesn't matter. I would walk out. Or run out screaming.

I don't think anything would make me walk out, but I do find that the obligatory political bits during the show to become increasingly tiresome, and if they stopped doing it altogether I don't think I'd miss it.

Hmmmm. Were they to do an all acoustic set, I wouldn't walk out, but I'd be pretty frakking annoyed. And not because I don't like acoustic music, but because acoustic U2 almost always sucks.

If Bono stopped the show and said, "Yes, it's true: I am in the Illuminati, and you are all going to sell your souls to Satan." And then Edge sacrifices a goat on Larry's drums and sets them on fire.

I'd stay, if only for the fact that I'd probably film it and have the highest-viewed YouTube video in the history of mankind.

The beheading... I'd have to think twice about. :lol:

There's no way in hell I'm going to leave and miss that show, especially if I've paid $300 to get in the door. :mac:

Absolutely nothing! Are there U2 songs that I don't like? Sure.... but U2 concert is an experience in itself, I pay money to go see it and most of all wait 4-5 years for a chance to attend one of their shows.

This is a fucking dumb question

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Get on Your Boots

No, probably nothing, because I'm already going to have to take (most of) the day off work. The 360 concert in Oakland was about 100 miles away and a 1.5 hour drive. This one is about 125 miles away and a 2 hour drive. Jerks.

Pff, I've been to a wedding in Iran where they actually did kill a goat in front of my eyes. Cut that animal's throat a few feet in front of me before I even knew what was happening. In a way it was a good thing. If you like meat, like I do, its good to be reminded from time to time that that piece of meat you're eating used to be a living creature.

As for the OP, only show I ever walked out on was a Deep Purple show in the 90's, when Ian Gillan had been replaced by Joe Lynn Turner, and it wasn't necessarily that the show was bad, I just had to catch the last train.

But I did give up on going to U2 concerts because of the Vertigo tour. And again not because it was bad, but because I've become disgusted by the way tickets are being sold. At the time you could still get tickets by standing in line and I wanted to get some GA tickets for one of the three Amsterdam shows. When I arrived very early in the morning there were about 97 people in front of me, which is fair enough. They were willing to get there earlier then me, they deserve to get first pick. But when the ticket sale started I saw time and time again groups of people walking away with 5 or 6 tickets each and I just KNEW that most of those tickets were going to be sold on the Dutch version of eBay. And by the time it was my turn there were only tickets for the last day in the nose bleed section way in the back available. And that is not the way it should be. Fans should not be forced to pay through the nose because other so called fans buy most of the tickets and then resell them at inflated prices to make an extra buck.

And then there was the Vertigo show in Munich. I had made a deal with a German who I often traded bootlegs with at the time. I would get him a ticket in Amsterdam, he would get me a ticket for a German show. Which was going to be Munich. So we went there, very early in the morning to be in the front section. Now in the Netherlands queuing is orderly. Everybody gets in a line, fans even organize a number system. All perfectly fair IMHO. Oddly enough the German fans in Munich had no system whatsoever beyond a mad rugby scrum come the time when the doors were about to open. So we stand in line in front of one the gates and again fate cursed us because while at the other gates security couldn't care less and were letting everybody run in without even checking, no, at our gate they had to pull out everything but the anal probe. Causing such a delay that by the time we were in the inner section was already full. That's the closest I've become to becoming so pissed off at a U2 show that I would walk away. Wasn't the band's fault, just shitty German security and fandom. Which I find so odd, because if anything Germans are so renowned for their efficiency.

Anyway, the events of the ticket sale and the Munich affair left such a bad taste in my mouth I no longer even bother to go to a U2 show. I'll just download the live recordings and enjoy them from the comforts of my home instead.

Back
Top Bottom