What will the stage look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mac Phisto

The Fly
I'm in section 120 at the Forum in L.A. I'm excited about the seats, but the unique stage makes me wonder what my perspective will be.

My purchase didn't include a note about "obstructed view" or anything of the like, but when I saw Petty a couples months back the section would be right behind the stage.

Long story short, does anybody have any clue what this thing is going to look like, layout wise?

So much mystery with this tour!!!!

kind of wondering the same thing. i got what i thought would be great seats at MSG (section 110) because i got confused by the red zone marking on the seating chart (thinking the red zone was by the main stage) and am now realizing section 110 is usually behind the stage.

Long strip connecting a large rectangular (presumably main) stage at one end and a smaller (presumably "b") stage at the other. My seat diagram for London doesn't include these but there is space on the pic for them to be added and I've seen the layout for San Jose which DOES include these stages. Oddly though for the London setup the redzones are next to where you would expect the "b" stage to be

what does the setup look like?

ok, seen several different schematics of what the stage will look like in different venus...on the end of the floor, in the middle, etc... anyone have any real info? it would be incredibly helpful for those of us GA'ers. :wave:

And from the San Jose lay out it looks like the soundboard and lighting will be at the back of the lower bowl instead of on the floor.

U2-Seating-Chart.jpg

Best Guess Stage Design Based on SJ

No inside information, just an educated guess based on the detailed SJ seating chart.

Red Zones aren't really prime spots. They do get you on the rail for the b-stage, but i think that is just a b stage. red zone on 360 was ok, but not great. outside the outer rim side view. b stage is extended back further than usual because they figured a way to move the soundboard and video booth up into the crowd on the lower level.

larger stage is the main stage and where they will play from for most of the show. appears to be where the instrument techs will be located, in addition to edges effects pedals. would bet larry spends almost all his time here. not practical for them to be away from the techs (and the various instruments) for extended stretches.

if accurate then trying to pick what seats are best is not really any different than standard b stage set ups. best seats are probably middle of the arena, but no seats will be horrible because of the extended b stage. behind the main stage seats will probably be similar to behind the stage seats on the vertigo tour.

wild guess, but i think there will be a very large screen, similar to texas stadium, that extends the length of the catwalk to the b stage. you can see something diagramed in blue lines in the seating chart.

curious if the floor configuration would cause you to pick edge side or adams side when entering, and you would have to remain there for the whole show. not sure if there would be space to go around the back of the b stage. of course this is assuming the ramp going down the middle of the floor is not elevated in the middle, which would allow passage underneath like the entrance to the heart.

The seats at the opposite end of the RZ at MSG in corners are labeled "rear stage view" so I'm thinking RZ will be very good seats, unless the main stage is front and center. There were what would normally be very good seats for $85 at MSG. Or at least there were this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

In NYC sections 114 and 115, opposite the side where RZ is, are considered behind stage ($85 for front row) if that's any help.

The seats at the opposite end of the RZ at MSG in corners are labeled "rear stage view" so I'm thinking RZ will be very good seats, unless the main stage is front and center. There were what would normally be very good seats for $85 at MSG. Or at least there were this afternoon.

which sections do you mean? typically 110-114 would be behind the stage at msg. that would put red zone at about the normal distance away of the soundboard. they aren't bad seats, just set alongside the b stage, not the main stage.

i think they actually moved at least some of the soundboard and video control booths off the floor into the crowd. look at the text on the SJ map in sec 101 and 115.

I saw Foo Fighters at MSG in 2008 with essentially the same setup. Very different way to watch a show, GA wise anyway.

based on that experience where would you suggest the best place to be is? I assume in middle corner closest to the front of the stage?

And from the San Jose lay out it looks like the soundboard and lighting will be at the back of the lower bowl instead of on the floor.

U2-Seating-Chart.jpg

Using that diagram as an example that stage will not go all the way to the back like that. In all likelihood it will stop roughly in the middle of sections 114 and 102. there will be plenty of room to walk around the B stage and go from side to side. When the band comes done to that B stage, which they inevitably will for an acoustic set, the fans in GA will surround it completely. I'd put money on that.

Your question on the ramp splitting the stage in two is a good one... It looks that way from the schematic. I was wondering for a bit if there might be a bridge involved where fans can pass under but it doesn't look that way

I've got tickets for Cologne. GA section is divided in two parts, GA left and GA right with separate entrances

based on that experience where would you suggest the best place to be is? I assume in middle corner closest to the front of the stage?

Using that diagram as an example that stage will not go all the way to the back like that. In all likelihood it will stop roughly in the middle of sections 114 and 102. there will be plenty of room to walk around the B stage and go from side to side. When the band comes done to that B stage, which they inevitably will for an acoustic set, the fans in GA will surround it completely. I'd put money on that.

Unless the stage/catwalk is designed to be placed directly underneath the screen.

It is possible that the screen has to be centered over the arena floor for engineering purposes, and it looks to me like the location of the main stage and B-stage on the SAP Center diagram is somewhat based on the placement of the screen (it looks like the far end of the screen is directly over the center of the circular B-stage).

And we all know from U2 360 that U2 doesn't mind having a large gap between the rear of the stage and the seats behind the stage!

I have no idea what my seats are like really. I just clicked the most expensive hoping that meant a better view! All I know is that it is high up and not recommend for those who are scared of hight or have vertigo. I have no idea what that really means in terms of what view I will have.

I have no idea what my seats are like really. I just clicked the most expensive hoping that meant a better view! All I know is that it is high up and not recommend for those who are scared of hight or have vertigo. I have no idea what that really means in terms of what view I will have.

In guess you are at the front, but in front of you is probably a big/huge drop to the floor.

Back
Top Bottom