What will the stage look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's with the attitude? I was simply asking why wouldn't every other seating chart show this as THE stage layout if it was in fact THE layout. Every other venue is in the dark except San Jose?

Because San Jose want supposed to show it. It was an accident.

Every arena would get an actual schematic of what the stage looks like, with sightlines, audio/video booths, etc. This schematic wouldn't be what's used for the seating chart, but every tour done venue leaks or accidentally. It happened on 360 as well.

The image is from the arena's website. Ticketmaster's San Jose seating chart shoes generic Lego brick stage.

That layout would be unreal, but no idea how it could work for allowing folks onto the floor.

If it were exactly that image, I think they'd have to assign or wristband GA folks to 1 of 3 areas. In this case, either next to 1) sec 121/122 or 2) 113/112 or...the area to the right/bottom of the 'e'.

Perhaps this explains why some GA tickets have different gates/sides on them? I seem to recall a whole discussion regarding what is printed on GA tickets but can't remember specifics since we bought seats for both our Chicago shows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Looking at the schematic from san jose, seems the video screen will run length of arena suspended above the stage. Is Invisible video a clue to what the stage will look like? If the screen in the video is suspended and running above the catwalk. The layout in the video itself seems to fit half of the schematic with the b-stage missing.

There were hints all over the fly video of what was coming for ZOOTV, I would be willing to be the stage was well along in design development when Invisible video was made.

u2_zpsabcmfeio.jpg

Perhaps this explains why some GA tickets have different gates/sides on them? I seem to recall a whole discussion regarding what is printed on GA tickets but can't remember specifics since we bought seats for both our Chicago shows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Yes. For Vancouver at least the TM website says S-FLR, I believe as in South Floor.

however, the Phoenix GA says just Floor

My money's on the San Jose map, not the TM map. The San Jose map is just so much more detailed than that TM rectangle, & I wouldn't trust TM anyway.

Here's my take on the San Jose map, incorporating the i+e. A bit hard to see. On this map RZ would enter opposite sections 121 & 123 (I've accidently reversed the stage). There would have to be some lighting on the ground of the entrance to one RZ, to complete the rings of the 'e'. B-stage in the centre of the RZ's, lighting across the b-stage, forthe horizontal lines of the 'e'.

ie%20San%20Jose_1.jpg

Also anyone who's ever been to a live Nine Inch Nails show, knows these types of effects are totally possible.

Yes! seen videos of that and it looks amazing. Kept wondering if that's what u2 might go for given the long straight stage as, to be honest, I hadn't paid enough attention during the Invisible video :lol:

I got the impression the stage would be from front to back instead of the usual side to side. Thats why all the expensive seats are the those on the sides of the lower and upper bowls. Maybe im wrong though

They would not simply copy a low talent band like the NIN..it's not the way U2 rolls. Instead expect some sort of shape-transforming screen with a new technology never-before seen in a live concert setting. The NIN screen was actually more like U2's 'curtain of lights v2.0' than anything else. It was cool but really the only reason to subject yourself to NIN's horrific live performances..U2 always find a way to do something unique that augments their already superb live performances.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using U2 Interference mobile app

Yes. For Vancouver at least the TM website says S-FLR, I believe as in South Floor.

however, the Phoenix GA says just Floor

Wow, looks like you may be right, my Vancouver orders say N-FLR both nights. Since it is paperless I wonder how many people are going to notice that in advance, I'm thinking there won't be two separate lines into the arena because of that and that people will separate after they get swiped in and told, which could be messy.

Can we pause for a moment to appreciate that Headache's been on fire with quality typos lately. First "genial warts", so friendly as they travel the world one casual liaison at a time, and now "Tent Reznor", the must-have band merch for any music fan who likes the great outdoors.

Low talent and horrific live show are not what I would say about NIN. They have been for a while on the cutting edge of trying different things in their live show.

I am not huge fan, but seen them a couple times and they are very good live. Edge also mentioned them many times as an influence on Achtung Baby. I guess U2 are complete hacks if they are being influenced by low talent NIN.

Low talent and horrific live show are not what I would say about NIN. They have been for a while on the cutting edge of trying different things in their live show.

I am not huge fan, but seen them a couple times and they are very good live. Edge also mentioned them many times as an influence on Achtung Baby. I guess U2 are complete hacks if they are being influenced by low talent NIN.

Wow, looks like you may be right, my Vancouver orders say N-FLR both nights. Since it is paperless I wonder how many people are going to notice that in advance, I'm thinking there won't be two separate lines into the arena because of that and that people will separate after they get swiped in and told, which could be messy.

just checked my ticket for Berlin and it does say Floor LEFT side... surely GA will be split into 2 groups / entrances

I think separating the floor into two sections is stupid, unless the stage takes up the entire floor in terms of width.

I think separating the floor into two sections is stupid, unless the stage takes up the entire floor in terms of width.

From the diagrams it looks very well like it could.

I don't have them in front of me but my MSG GAs don't have that kind of designator although they do have the usual GA03, GA04, etc. tracking designators, so maybe that will actually mean something this time and they will use those to split people up.

They would not simply copy a low talent band like the NIN..it's not the way U2 rolls. Instead expect some sort of shape-transforming screen with a new technology never-before seen in a live concert setting. The NIN screen was actually more like U2's 'curtain of lights v2.0' than anything else. It was cool but really the only reason to subject yourself to NIN's horrific live performances..U2 always find a way to do something unique that augments their already superb live performances.

This is one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever read. "Low talent band" in reference to NIN? Give me a break! NIN is one of the very best live acts I have ever seen and their stage production is second to absolutely nobody. To say NIN's screen was like the light curtains on the vertigo tour is a joke and shows absolute ignorance on your part. The visuals they created with their stage production the two times I saw them were absolutely stunning and at times to the point you wondered how they were doing what they were doing. Also the music was tight as hell. Great live band for anyone who's never seen them and this is coming from a casual NIN fan. the reason I saw them a second time was because their live show was that amazing.

Back
Top Bottom