What will the stage look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They could have the stage set up in Vancouver for 2 weeks prior to the show for all we know.

The Canucks may well be using the arena. They look to be in the playoffs at this point, if they win their first round series they'll be playing the first couple weeks in May so U2 would have to set up the stage in an alternate site for rehearsals if that happens.

The Canucks may well be using the arena. They look to be in the playoffs at this point, if they win their first round series they'll be playing the first couple weeks in May so U2 would have to set up the stage in an alternate site for rehearsals if that happens.
The Canucks will not make it to the second round let alone mid May so....... We won't have to worry about that. They need to make the playoffs first. I hear what youre saying though but I'd bet money on the fact U2 has that venue booked well in advance of opening night.

I know we have talked about this already and sorry for bringing it up again.. But how obstructed do you really think the obstructed view tickets are? Has anyone seen U2 with a "partially obstructed view" as marked on the ticket before? Currently, I am doing Montreal 1,2 & 4 but am considering doing night 3 also. Only problem is most of the tickets left are partially obstructed or $300 lower levels and that is out of the question for me. There are also some $85 nosebleeds but I can be 2 sections over for half of that price with a "partially obstructed view". What do you guys think?

I am... Wires hanging speakers, video screens, etc

This is a good point. Thank you for your reply. I don't mean to beat a dead horse with this one, but buying tickets for this tour has been tough. Mostly because I have no clue what to expect. I'm obviously better safe than sorry and not buying a cheap obstructed view ticket. But I guess just have a hard time forking out $100 for a nosebleed. I'm doing GA for nights 1 & 2 and i'm mid-level for night 4. So maybe a nosebleed for night 3 wouldn't be a bad thing, kind of switch it up a bit and experience the show from further back.

This is a good point. Thank you for your reply. I don't mean to beat a dead horse with this one, but buying tickets for this tour has been tough. Mostly because I have no clue what to expect. I'm obviously better safe than sorry and not buying a cheap obstructed view ticket. But I guess just have a hard time forking out $100 for a nosebleed. I'm doing GA for nights 1 & 2 and i'm mid-level for night 4. So maybe a nosebleed for night 3 wouldn't be a bad thing, kind of switch it up a bit and experience the show from further back.

My favourite music venue in the world is an old theatre in Toronto that has narrow posts scattered throughout the floor level seating, that support the balcony. They sell seats behind those posts as obstructed view, at a cheaper rate. In reality, you only need to tilt your head two degrees to avoid the posts in your vision, and have a perfectly fine view. A great way to pay less for really great seats. I can't say anything for sure about the U2 setup in this regard, but I can't imagine the view is too obstructed, or they wouldn't be selling those seats.

i get it.

but if the ticket says obstructed view, you're going to have an obstructed view in some way. it might not be bad, might be livable... but something will be in your way.

Thanks for your points guys. VintagePunk do you speak of Massey Hall?

I'm from Ottawa, and will be driving about 2 hours each way just to make these shows during a work week. Time off may not be an option either. That being said, I would want it to be worth it, by the time you calculate gas, parking, my lack of sleep for a couple of days, driving in Montreal (not looking forward to this). Just wanting to make sure everything will be worth it in the end.

I remember seeing Bon Jovi a while ago with a "partially obstructed view" behind the stage. Ironically, we are pretty damn close to the band. But things started to get funky when the screens would start shifting and whatnot, thats when we would lose sight of the band and we'd have to watch the monitors. That and we watched their backs the whole time. Nothing really to complain about, especially for the discounted price.

I have some contemplating to do.. :hmm::hmm:

I can't remember where or what event, but I've had obstructed view tickets be as little as the fact that you are looking through a railing if you are sitting down (so, you stand up if it's a concert).

Does anyone know the Bell Centre really well?

Yea obstructed views can be as silly as a protective railing that isn't really obstructive to, well, this...

_4249434.jpg

You're always taking a bit of a chance with anything that says obstructed view.

I can't remember where or what event, but I've had obstructed view tickets be as little as the fact that you are looking through a railing if you are sitting down (so, you stand up if it's a concert).

Does anyone know the Bell Centre really well?

I'm quite familiar with the Bell Centre yes. It's a hockey arena, so there are no pillars or support beams that would obstruct your view like at a baseball stadium. In fact, there is no such thing as an obstructed view at a hockey game. The only obstructions would be from the production itself brought on by U2.

Why are the red zones so far away from the main stage on that layout? Plus that layout wouldnt make sense becasue of the pricing. All the expensive seats are on the side not infront of the band. Those cheaper seats would be better then some of the expensive ones

Why are the red zones so far away from the main stage on that layout? Plus that layout wouldnt make sense becasue of the pricing. All the expensive seats are on the side not infront of the band. Those cheaper seats would be better then some of the expensive ones

Expensive seats are always on the center sides, GA is in front of the band. Red Zone and VIP Fan seats (with a price bump, not as expensive as the top priced regular seats) are at/in front of the pod at the b-stage.

Red zone were behind best ga areas for 360 as well. Makes sense based on past tours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using U2 Interference mobile app

Well... the stage design will look like this...

...but that i/e logo could conceivably fit on that, so it's possible
Why does everyone think San Jose somehow has the inside scoop on what the exact stage design will be. Why isn't this diagram on any other seating chart for any other venue? If this was the actual accurate stage design it would be on every seating chart not just randomly on San Jose's no? This design with the i+e logo though could easily be incorporated into that. I hope it is. Its much more interesting than a standard main stage with runway to a b-stage.

Why does everyone think San Jose somehow has the inside scoop on what the exact stage design will be. Why isn't this diagram on any other seating chart for any other venue? If this was the actual accurate stage design it would be on every seating chart not just randomly on San Jose's no? This design with the i+e logo though could easily be incorporated into that. I hope it is. Its much more interesting than a standard main stage with runway to a b-stage.

No you're right.

The folks at the San Jose arena just went through the trouble of posting production notes on a fake schematic so that they could just troll the shit out of U2 fans.

No you're right.

The folks at the San Jose arena just went through the trouble of posting production notes on a fake schematic so that they could just troll the shit out of U2 fans.

What's with the attitude? I was simply asking why wouldn't every other seating chart show this as THE stage layout if it was in fact THE layout. Every other venue is in the dark except San Jose?

That layout wouldnt make sense becasue of the pricing. All the expensive seats are on the side not infront of the band. Those cheaper seats would be better then some of the expensive ones

Because it seems there'll be a big screen above the runway. Think of the big screen at Cowboys Stadium. So those expensive seats will have the best view of the screen and everything

it seems...

That layout would be unreal, but no idea how it could work for allowing folks onto the floor.

If it were exactly that image, I think they'd have to assign or wristband GA folks to 1 of 3 areas. In this case, either next to 1) sec 121/122 or 2) 113/112 or...the area to the right/bottom of the 'e'.

Back
Top Bottom