What will the stage look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I said it before, I'll say it again the stage design and screens are going to look like they do in the Invisible video. I'd put money on it. Not sure why people are freaking out and stressing over it.

I suppose reasonable people can disagree on this, but I would contend that these are obstructed views:

3754648280_a15697608f.jpg

131589_3677_3675693867_d27648a80.jpg

5956093494_4bb2acb2c2_z.jpg

And with 4 box trusses holding up the claw, there were a lot of seats with views like those.
Seriously people are calling that an obstructed view? Holy fucking shit Bono walked behind a leg of the claw for 2 seconds I had no idea where he went :rolleyes: I mean seriously you're so far away anways who cares. You got a full view of the amazing stage.

For anyone who's concerned about partial obstructions, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. I've had GA floor inside the 'heart' tickets at the Elevation tour, and had a partially obstructed view. From assigned seats, obstructions are usually part of the show anyway (the Claw).

I remember reading comparisons/speculation about u2's new stage vs some past stages by foo fighters and Metallica, until today browsing the late mark fisher's company website I saw pictures of the Metallica stage and it looks nice :hmm:

Fisher died nearly 2 years before the opening show of the I&E 2015 tour.

I doubt he had much imput, even if others likely took ideas form him and added their own twist.

That setup would make queueing pretty much pointless(nothing wrong with that).

Can't be more than what...500 or so fans on the floor of that photo? Which is why I can't wait to see how this stage set works. Won't be a bad spot on the floor.

But accordign to the San Jose map, up to 2000 people can get in the Floor...

And as far as we know it, the stage will be a normal back of the floor stage, with a tiny runway leading to a round b-stage

The Metallica set up was a giant rectangular stage where they'd move around, including a rotating drum stage

After the 360 tour I wouldn't mind a bare-bones looking stage with minimal lights and screens!! Bring intimacy back to gigantic arenas haha:up:

Do we know if there's a "front" of the stage? I'm trying to score tickets for both nights in San Jose and want cheap ones, but I'm not sure if there'll be a true front and back.

Back
Top Bottom