What will the stage look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Comedian Jay Mohr who is a huge fan of the band and also a huge sceptic has stated numerous times that U2 could play in front of a black curtain and still blow peoples minds. I totally agree and I think after the 360 Tour the band have realised that less is more.

Comedian Jay Mohr who is a huge fan of the band and also a huge sceptic has stated numerous times that U2 could play in front of a black curtain and still blow peoples minds. I totally agree and I think after the 360 Tour the band have realised that less is more.

There should be a "like" button here.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They aren't obligated to do anything, only to allow live nation the rights to any tours they undertake until the expiration date on their contract. They don't owe a certain number of tours.

Imo, this is it. I'm not even being alarmist I just really think this is it.

Sent from my ass crack

No this is their prelast tour. The last one will be after songs of ascent will come out. It will be called the 'Tour of Ascension'

No this is their prelast tour. The last one will be after songs of ascent will come out. It will be called the 'Tour of Ascension'

Plot twist:
At the end of the tour, Bono will ascend to Heaven and we'll realise He Was all this time.

It definitely won't. The floor space at the 3Arena is ridiculously small. The SSE Hydro in Glasgow is a small arena as well, but apparently the IE stage will fit.

How many square meters is the arena floor in Glasgow? Those US ice hockey rinks aren't big either. The arena floor in Vancouver would be 60 x 25 metres; both the stage, the B-stage and the catwalk has to fit in there.... The good news is that you have a good view basically everywhere on the arena floor.

I have to imagine that this set up will be pretty modular and scalable to lots of different environments. It might be as easy as adding and subtracting segments from the connecting ramp to the b-stage. Kind of like U2 playing in hamster tubes.

Yes - I only wish the band believed this.

I hope the center screen display has little screens at the ends, like Cowboys Stadium:

6a00e5502e47b288330120a4ddf1bf970b-800wi

When do you guys think they will reveal the stage design?

How much more of a reveal than this do you need ?

http://www.u2place.it/u2news/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/palaalpitouru2.jpg

Though not sure why Red Zone is drawn at what looks like a B-stage unless they are doing it the other way around and what we think is the B stage is actually the stage. Also, I wonder how they plan to set up the screens Billboard talked about a giant double-sided screen running above the stage. so that everyone will see, given they have a setup that runs across the full floor of the arena.

And IMO if it was their last I think the way promotion etc has been going they would be telling everyone it is their last

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This isn't the Stones or The Who.

Barring some major medical issue there is no reason this should be the last tour.

Playing in the round means they have their backs to half the arena at any given time. So do they keep changing which way they're facing or primarily stick to facing one side throughout the show?

I don't want to line up for GA all day to get close to the stage, only to find out I have to stare at their asses all night long.

Playing in the round means they have their backs to half the arena at any given time. So do they keep changing which way they're facing or primarily stick to facing one side throughout the show?

I don't want to line up for GA all day to get close to the stage only to find out I have to stare at their asses all night long.

It will be the same usual set up i think, stage at the front, runway spliting the floor into 2 with a b stage right at the back

It will be the same usual set up i think, stage at the front, runway spliting the floor into 2 with a b stage right at the back

But the rectangular stage doesn't seem like it's wide enough to allow for front and back stages with a runway in between.

Im really curious what this stage will look like. It seems pretty long, and not very wide.

Wasnt there some pictures showing a main stage with a runway and a b stage at the end of the floor?

Oh, really? I missed that. Will try to look for those pictures, thanks!

I cant remember which shows were showing it but it was the american ones. But there are alot showing the layout how you described it so who knows??

I cant remember which shows were showing it but it was the american ones. But there are alot showing the layout how you described it so who knows??

Yea the San Jose layout shows the stage.

I'm not going to camp out a night before but I am planning on going to the arena (in LA) around late morning ... really hope I can get a good spot on the floor!

Going to San Jose Show SECTION 222, unfortunately I didn't notice it said LIMITED VIEW....what's going to be blocking my view? Am I going to be looking at the back of their heads?? Please can someone tell me so I can resale these asap. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom