What will the stage look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heights*

Thank you.

It just says block 204 row A

I didn't really dare look into it further incase I got kicked out and didn't get any tickets at all.

How did the diagrams compare to the stages in 2009? Were they accurate?

Every tour there's a number of placeholder stage designs on ticket sites that her people into a tizzy over what's what.

Any diagram that actually includes measurements and sightlines, as the San Jose one does, is the real deal.

Anything that's just blocky is a rough estimate.

What I find interesting is that they refer to max numbers per side of the GA and then there appears to be some sort of barricade looking thing on each side of the main stage that looks like either a barricade or gate. I think they will have limits on how many on each side.

You can also read barricade on the middle bridge so I don't think this catwalk/long stage segment will go over anything.

Every tour there's a number of placeholder stage designs on ticket sites that her people into a tizzy over what's what.

Any diagram that actually includes measurements and sightlines, as the San Jose one does, is the real deal.

Anything that's just blocky is a rough estimate.

On the other hand, San Jose has seats all around, Amsterdam doesn't have this.

Not sure what that has to do with the San Jose stage design being accurate, but... thanks?

No I meant more something like: I can see why San Jose would be accurate, but San Jose can't say something about stages where set up like that is not possible. I don't really know if you were implying something like San Jose saying something about other venues. Thats what I took from it. So sorry if I'm wrong.:sad:

The Billboard article makes it sound like a center stage as opposed to a main, ramp and b-stage - and most of the "generic" seating charts bear this out (not San Jose)... but this just may be my interpretation. If San Jose is correct and they're playing the main stage most of the time, the traditional U2 GA sightlines just took a big hit, as there's really only one "rail."

Assuming that San Jose graphic is accurate and the potential for this to be their last tour, I think it is time for Larry's drum kit to get mobile and move across the floor sort of like Tommy Lee in Motley Crue. Now THAT would be an interesting new twist on a U2 show.

Last tour? They're signed with Live Nation until 2020. If they all stay in good shape I think they have 1-2 after this.

They aren't obligated to do anything, only to allow live nation the rights to any tours they undertake until the expiration date on their contract. They don't owe a certain number of tours.

Imo, this is it. I'm not even being alarmist I just really think this is it.

Sent from my ass crack

They aren't obligated to do anything, only to allow live nation the rights to any tours they undertake until the expiration date on their contract. They don't owe a certain number of tours.

Imo, this is it. I'm not even being alarmist I just really think this is it.

Sent from my ass crack

Not sure I agree there to be honest, especially since all the "it will be hard to get out of while we are alive" quotes started coming back out

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

And IMO if it was their last I think the way promotion etc has been going they would be telling everyone it is their last

I've always thought that unless something drastic happened with one of them healthwise, they'd probably announce it's their last, to give the fans an opportunity to see them.

If it "is" They will be doing a stadium Leg where they "probably" would tell us it is the finale.
I don't think they would. I don't think they want that "nostalgia" thing.
They will just fade away.
I think either Adam or larry would be the one's to "quit"
I also think they have done everything and this is all gravy now.
Enjoy it while it lasts!

based on that experience where would you suggest the best place to be is? I assume in middle corner closest to the front of the stage?

Using that diagram as an example that stage will not go all the way to the back like that. In all likelihood it will stop roughly in the middle of sections 114 and 102. there will be plenty of room to walk around the B stage and go from side to side. When the band comes done to that B stage, which they inevitably will for an acoustic set, the fans in GA will surround it completely. I'd put money on that.

Let's say the San Jose map that Headache posted is correct (it probably is). This was exactly what the Foo's stage shape was at MSG. Main stage on the right, B- stage on the left, walkway in between. I had a spot in GA where I could touch the corner railing of the main stage and walkway, next to section 128. I'd say 70% of the show was played on the main stage, with Grohl running up the ramp occasionally during songs. About 3/4 of the way into the show they went to the B stage and did 4 or 5 acoustic songs with a violinist.

What was interesting about the GA experience itself was you could move around alot and watch the show from different viewpoints. Since there was so much space, people would shift like a wave each time he shot up and down the ramp. So, I started in the corner touching the railing, then at some points I was at mid- walkway, then ended up back at the front rail for the end of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F35fGxYuSEI
(Vid not mine, but guy was probably standing next to me)

I don't understand why U2 would "borrow" an idea for a stage concept from such a small band like the Foo Fighters.

I don't know that the stage concept is entirely original. It's actually similar to the ZOO Tour stage, except the walkway is at center and extends all of the way.

I don't understand why U2 would "borrow" an idea for a stage concept from such a small band like the Foo Fighters.

"small"? Not sure about that. I'm not a FF fan, but Grohl seems like an awesome guy, and when you're talking about bands that can fill arenas they certainly fit the bill. Not too many in their class.

Really though, how many ways can you configure an arena setup that are truly original?

So, when do you guys think they will show the stage? At the end of the month, next month, or when the tour gets closer.

The band is aging... Bono and Larry have obvious physical problems...

Every tour should be thought of as possibly being the last one from here on out, until it's not.

This isn't the Who or the Stones. If one member can't continue, it's over.

Enjoy it while you can.

True - I just hope Bono does not plan to ride a bicycle down the shaft of that penis...

My take is that there will be some interesting technology overhead - dashed lines turn me on.

Also - as they expect to do different things on the first and second night I would imagine they plan to use the B stage (head of the penis) differently each night.

And also agree they have finally gotten all the sound and light boards off the main floor which is good.

True - I just hope Bono does not plan to ride a bicycle down the shaft of that penis...

My take is that there will be some interesting technology overhead - dashed lines turn me on.

Also - as they expect to do different things on the first and second night I would imagine they plan to use the B stage (head of the penis) differently each night.

And also agree they have finally gotten all the sound and light boards off the main floor which is good.
:love:

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'd bet 4 shows.

Didn't someone say the 3arena is more like an amphitheater than an arena, and that the I&E stage probably wouldn't fit in there?

I'd bet 4 shows.

Didn't someone say the 3arena is more like an amphitheater than an arena, and that the I&E stage probably wouldn't fit in there?
It definitely won't. The floor space at the 3Arena is ridiculously small. The SSE Hydro in Glasgow is a small arena as well, but apparently the IE stage will fit.

Back
Top Bottom