What the entire tour might look like

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
5/14-15- Vancouver
5/18-19- San Jose
5/22-23- Phoenix
5/26-27-30-31, 6/3-4-7-8- Los Angeles
6/12-13-16-17- Montreal

(If the pattern of 2 days on, 2 days off is anything to go by, they could do 2 shows on June 20th,21st. Maybe 2 more in Toronto added here??)

6/24-25-28-29, 7/2/3- Chicago
7/6-7- Toronto
7/10-11-14-15- Boston
7/18-19-22-23-26-27-30-31- New York City

9/4-5- Turin (They ALWAYS grossly underplay Italy)
9/8-9-12-13- Amsterdam
9/16-17-20-21- Stockholm
9/24-25-28-29- Berlin
? weeklong gap…
10/5-6-9-10- Barcelona
10/13-14- Brussels
10/17-18-21-22- Cologne
10/25-26-29-30, 11/2-3
11/6-7- Glasgow
11/10-11-14-15- Paris

Dublin shows at the end of the year, possibly 4 shows at the O2, recreating the Point Depot 1989 shows (at least the concept behind them, not the actual shows.)

So that bring us to 2016, and probably into 2017, presumably in stadiums.

Boston- 2 shows
NYC- 2 shows
Philly
Washington DC
Raleigh/Charlotte
Atlanta
Miami
Tampa
Nashville
Ohio (PLEASE!)
Detroit
Pittsburgh
Chicago
Minneapolis
St. Louis
Houston
Dallas
Denver
Salt Lake City
Seattle
San Diego
Los Angeles - 2 shows
San Francisco/Oakland
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Toronto- 2 shows
Montreal
Mexico 3 shows
Brazil 3 shows
Argentina 3 shows
Chile
Peru ?
Columbia ?
Auckland- 2
Sydney- 2
Melbourne- 2
Brisbane
Adelaide
Perth- 2
Tokyo- 2

Lisbon
Madrid
Another Spanish city besides Barcelona
Paris- 2 shows
Nice
Milan- 2
Rome
Vienna
Zurich
Munich
Frankfurt
Hamburg/Hannover
Amsterdam/Rotterdam- s
Brussels
London- 2
Manchester-ish
Cardiff
Glasgow
Dublin- 3
Copenhagen
Norway
Gothenburg
Helsinki
Moscow
Warsaw
Budapest
Bucharest
Zagreb
Athens
Istanbul
Dubai

What the entire tour might look "LIKE", not back. Stupid autocorrect...

Well i'll be damned if they add more dates to Stockholm because i will have to get tickets for those dates! :D

With the rumour that they might take it outdoors on subsequent legs, I would say the chance of any of those small US cities getting shows is slim to none. But my guess is as bad as anyone's

What the entire tour might look back.

Yeah not ALL of those cities I mentioned would get stadium shows. It sucks because my hometown of Columbus could easily sell out an arena, and we have 2 15-20K arenas. But it's not worth their while anymore to play only 1 arena show in a city.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah not ALL of those cities I mentioned would get stadium shows. It sucks because my hometown of Columbus could easily sell out an arena, and we have 2 15-20K arenas. But it's not worth their while anymore to play only 1 arena show in a city.

Ain't no way U2 comin' to Columbus. If they go to Ohio it's to LeBron and Cleveland and then maybe Cincy. That being said I know Bono is a huge fan of the governor in ohio Kasich and thinks he is doing a good job... that they may come to Columbus.

5/14-15- Vancouver

5/18-19- San Jose

5/22-23- Phoenix

5/26-27-30-31, 6/3-4-7-8- Los Angeles

6/12-13-16-17- Montreal

(If the pattern of 2 days on, 2 days off is anything to go by, they could do 2 shows on June 20th,21st. Maybe 2 more in Toronto added here??)

6/24-25-28-29, 7/2/3- Chicago

7/6-7- Toronto

7/10-11-14-15- Boston

7/18-19-22-23-26-27-30-31- New York City

9/4-5- Turin (They ALWAYS grossly underplay Italy)

9/8-9-12-13- Amsterdam

9/16-17-20-21- Stockholm

9/24-25-28-29- Berlin

? weeklong gap…

10/5-6-9-10- Barcelona

10/13-14- Brussels

10/17-18-21-22- Cologne

10/25-26-29-30, 11/2-3

11/6-7- Glasgow

11/10-11-14-15- Paris

Dublin shows at the end of the year, possibly 4 shows at the O2, recreating the Point Depot 1989 shows (at least the concept behind them, not the actual shows.)

So that bring us to 2016, and probably into 2017, presumably in stadiums.

Boston- 2 shows

NYC- 2 shows

Philly

Washington DC

Raleigh/Charlotte

Atlanta

Miami

Tampa

Nashville

Ohio (PLEASE!)

Detroit

Pittsburgh

Chicago

Minneapolis

St. Louis

Houston

Dallas

Denver

Salt Lake City

Seattle

San Diego

Los Angeles - 2 shows

San Francisco/Oakland

Edmonton

Winnipeg

Toronto- 2 shows

Montreal

Mexico 3 shows

Brazil 3 shows

Argentina 3 shows

Chile

Peru ?

Columbia ?

Auckland- 2

Sydney- 2

Melbourne- 2

Brisbane

Adelaide

Perth- 2

Tokyo- 2

Lisbon

Madrid

Another Spanish city besides Barcelona

Paris- 2 shows

Nice

Milan- 2

Rome

Vienna

Zurich

Munich

Frankfurt

Hamburg/Hannover

Amsterdam/Rotterdam- s

Brussels

London- 2

Manchester-ish

Cardiff

Glasgow

Dublin- 3

Copenhagen

Norway

Gothenburg

Helsinki

Moscow

Warsaw

Budapest

Bucharest

Zagreb

Athens

Istanbul

Dubai

There is no stadium in NYC.

I think he was trying to be a wisenheimer and point out that MetLife Stadium is in New Jersey. People like to make that joke, despite the stadium being geographically closer to Manhattan than the football stadiums of teams from Dallas, Miami, San Francisco, Washington DC, Boston, or Buffalo.

It's the whole different state thing. It's dumb.

Alas, there are two rather large baseball stadiums in NYC proper, if you want to be technical about things.

Whenever they do stadiums tours, they always play the now named MetLife stadium which is located in NJ. Only once during Zoo did they play Yankee stadium. Highly doubtful that they would do that again. So when people say that Metlife stadium is in NY, I correct them. It's not true nor is it "dumb" as someone else stated.

Yea. It's dumb.

So you correct people who say there's a stadium in Dallas? Of course you don't. If you did, you would have corrected the poster for that, too. Same with Boston. And Miami. And San Francisco.

Many stadiums are built outside the actual borders of a city. MetLife Stadium is very much within the geographical boundaries of the New York City metropolitan area, which crosses over 3 different states. It's 8 miles from midtown by car. AT&T Stadium is 20 miles from Dallas. But it, too, is in what's considered the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area... and pointing out that it wasn't actually in Dallas would, yes, be dumb.

I didnt point out the other states because i am from NJ and tired of people who say the stadium is in NY. Regardless that its only 8 miles from NYC's port authority, the stadium is in the state of NJ with the physical address being Rutherford, NJ. So when you are at Metlife, you are in NJ. If I were at MSG, I wouldnt say I am in NJ. Yankee stadium is only 4 1/2 miles from Fort Lee, NJ (even closer between the states than Metlife) but no one in NJ "claims" that stadium.

Alright, the NEW YORK CITY METROPOLITAN AREA will have 2 stadium shows in 2016, which I assumed was implied. I'm aware that the new Giants Stadium is in New Jersey, like the old one was.

Nobody makes a big stink when they talk about U2 playing at the Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, despite the fact that it's actually in ARLINGTON, TX. Or that the D.C. show was in LANDOVER, MD. It's generalizations so that people who don't know where East Rutherford, NJ is can still know what we're talking about.

When U2 plays at Giants Stadium or Meadlowslands Arena/whatever it's called now, you don't hear Bono snippetting "I WANT TO BE A PART OF IT… EAST RUTHERFORD, EAST RUTHERFORD!

Bono actually got booed once when he said he was in NY. Then he corrected. I wont apologize for being Jersey proud.

I didnt point out the other states because i am from NJ and tired of people who say the stadium is in NY. Regardless that its only 8 miles from NYC's port authority, the stadium is in the state of NJ with the physical address being Rutherford, NJ. So when you are at Metlife, you are in NJ. If I were at MSG, I wouldnt say I am in NJ. Yankee stadium is only 4 1/2 miles from Fort Lee, NJ (even closer between the states than Metlife) but no one in NJ "claims" that stadium.

It's referring to the name of the closest major fucking city you silly silly person. If the name of the state was Empire and the city was still New York nobody would give two hoots.

And because you like being all geographically accurate and all, it's in East Rutherford. Not Rutherford. Neener neener neener.

Wow. Swearing. How necessary. I'm leaving this discussion since you cannot be adult about it.

Wow. Swearing. How necessary. I'm leaving this discussion since you cannot be adult about it.

Here's maturity, sans F bomb.

Your Fort Lee argument makes zero sense. If New York wasn't there, there wouldn't be a stadium in East Rutherford. If Fort Lee wasn't there, Yankee Stadium would still exist.

I do agree with you wanting to drop the argument though, as it's a stupid one.

Back
Top Bottom