What is this show about?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thavidesco

Refugee
So far I have mixed feelings about the show. The visual is very extraordinary and futuristic. Sound systems is the best. Lights effects are mindblowing. The performances are quite solid given the fact it is the beginning of the tour. Bono is in top vocal shape.

But there is something crucial missing.

So far the show as whole seems to be stuck in dead end street. There are new songs, there are old classics, there are great visuals, but still it feels kinda predictable, lost. For me it lacks a concept or an unifying idea, that would appear throughout the show like in all best previous U2 shows. Idea that would connect the songs together and give them reason to be a part of the show, not just only because it is a hit single or it is a song from new album, they have to promote. It is also for the first time I noticed that the band performs not like it is the most important thing in their life, but a job that needs to be done. It is very concentrated, professional, but it looks like they don´t enjoy the songs too much or like they don´t want to put extra energy into the performance. I´ve never had this feeling before. Neither on disastrous start of Popmart tour nor when Bono seemed to be finished during Elevation tour.

I guess it´s too soon to draw conclusions, hopefully they will figure it out and improve with time.

The show's theme could not be any more obvious, especially not that first set.

Just so we're all clear, this guy who hasn't actually attended a show yet and so doesn't know how the performances come across at the actual show - this guy has figured out what is wrong with the tour after two shows. How incredibly fortunate we are!

Enough with the crap threads, thavidesco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom