VIP Party Packages.... worth it? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 01:46 PM
VIP Party Packages.... worth it?

Has anyone been to a show yet with VIP Party Package tickets? If so did you feel it was worth it? Im thinking about getting one for NYC but want to know if it's worth $700+ CDN

Hallucination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #2
Babyface

Local Time: 12:46 PM
I have a couple party package tickets for Phoenix this Saturday. I didn't pay for them, and to be honest I don't think they would be worth the price. I'd rather pay less money and have GA, but of course I'm still really excited.

Of course I can let you know how everything goes.

drumu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:45 PM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 06:46 PM
Did VIP in San Jose night #1. Did RedZone on San Jose night 2. Would say I enjoyed RedZone more since there is way more energy as part of the GA crowd vs. VIP we were 12 rows up, side of stage. Crowd was less into in up there.

VIP dinner was decent, chicken, beef, pasta, potatoes, bread, salads, dessert,etc. 2 beers or wines for each person included. Out of approximately 250 people, they only raffled off 1 pair of backstage tour. Thought that could have been at least a few more.

Tour "gift" is actually pretty cool. A booklet with picks, autographs, copies of old setlists from War and Boy tour. Have not had a chance to read it in detail yet.

When I bought tix, VIP was what came up, I don't even recall selecting them intentionally. So I don't regret it, but for that money, I think it should include a backstage tour. I am doing VIP for Van Halen and it includes attending soundcheck and is about the same price with 2nd row seats.

We did get to see Edge, Larry and Bono before the show at the back of arena for some autographs. That was easily the highlight of the past 2 days.
drmjwilson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:00 AM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmjwilson1 View Post
Did VIP in San Jose night #1. Did RedZone on San Jose night 2. Would say I enjoyed RedZone more since there is way more energy as part of the GA crowd vs. VIP we were 12 rows up, side of stage. Crowd was less into in up there.

VIP dinner was decent, chicken, beef, pasta, potatoes, bread, salads, dessert,etc. 2 beers or wines for each person included. Out of approximately 250 people, they only raffled off 1 pair of backstage tour. Thought that could have been at least a few more.

Tour "gift" is actually pretty cool. A booklet with picks, autographs, copies of old setlists from War and Boy tour. Have not had a chance to read it in detail yet.

When I bought tix, VIP was what came up, I don't even recall selecting them intentionally. So I don't regret it, but for that money, I think it should include a backstage tour. I am doing VIP for Van Halen and it includes attending soundcheck and is about the same price with 2nd row seats.

We did get to see Edge, Larry and Bono before the show at the back of arena for some autographs. That was easily the highlight of the past 2 days.
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. Interesting to know. I kind of agree. For $700 I think a meet and great or back stage tour should be included for sure. Would be great for the people who won the raffles
Hallucination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:42 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:46 PM
Quote:
I am doing VIP for Van Halen and it includes attending soundcheck and is about the same price with 2nd row seats.
The Van Halen VIP packages, while far from cheap do seem to give a decent amount of swag, plus soundcheck with them should be quite cool.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:08 AM   #6
War Child

Quote:
Whoa...I assume the autographs are facsimile/photo copies? Could you post pics?
weinerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #7
The Fly

I have a few pics I can post if you can tell me how to do it?

Only option I see it asks for an image url? They are just jpegs, thought I could attach. Pardon my ignorance.

NEVERMIND, found it.....
Attached Thumbnails
u21.jpg   u22.jpg  

u23.jpg  
Old 05-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #8
The Fly

more pics
Attached Thumbnails
u24.jpg   u25.jpg  

u26.jpg  
Old 05-24-2015, 11:54 AM   #9
The Fly

last 2 pics
Attached Thumbnails
u27.jpg   u28.jpg  

Old 05-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:46 PM
Pretty cool.
popacrobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:00 PM   #11
The Fly

Looks like pre printed autographs. Am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
holyyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #12
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 08:46 PM
Pretty cool!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #13
The Fly

Correct, pre-printed autographs.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:36 PM   #14
The Fly

Local Time: 10:46 AM
Quote:

Did your VIP pass allow you to go onto the floor? ... Or did you have to stay in your seats?
U2brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #15
War Child

Thanks for posting pics

weinerdog is offline   Reply With Quote