VIP Party Packages.... worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a couple party package tickets for Phoenix this Saturday. I didn't pay for them, and to be honest I don't think they would be worth the price. I'd rather pay less money and have GA, but of course I'm still really excited.

Of course I can let you know how everything goes.

Did VIP in San Jose night #1. Did RedZone on San Jose night 2. Would say I enjoyed RedZone more since there is way more energy as part of the GA crowd vs. VIP we were 12 rows up, side of stage. Crowd was less into in up there.

VIP dinner was decent, chicken, beef, pasta, potatoes, bread, salads, dessert,etc. 2 beers or wines for each person included. Out of approximately 250 people, they only raffled off 1 pair of backstage tour. Thought that could have been at least a few more.

Tour "gift" is actually pretty cool. A booklet with picks, autographs, copies of old setlists from War and Boy tour. Have not had a chance to read it in detail yet.

When I bought tix, VIP was what came up, I don't even recall selecting them intentionally. So I don't regret it, but for that money, I think it should include a backstage tour. I am doing VIP for Van Halen and it includes attending soundcheck and is about the same price with 2nd row seats.

We did get to see Edge, Larry and Bono before the show at the back of arena for some autographs. That was easily the highlight of the past 2 days.

Did VIP in San Jose night #1. Did RedZone on San Jose night 2. Would say I enjoyed RedZone more since there is way more energy as part of the GA crowd vs. VIP we were 12 rows up, side of stage. Crowd was less into in up there.

VIP dinner was decent, chicken, beef, pasta, potatoes, bread, salads, dessert,etc. 2 beers or wines for each person included. Out of approximately 250 people, they only raffled off 1 pair of backstage tour. Thought that could have been at least a few more.

Tour "gift" is actually pretty cool. A booklet with picks, autographs, copies of old setlists from War and Boy tour. Have not had a chance to read it in detail yet.

When I bought tix, VIP was what came up, I don't even recall selecting them intentionally. So I don't regret it, but for that money, I think it should include a backstage tour. I am doing VIP for Van Halen and it includes attending soundcheck and is about the same price with 2nd row seats.

We did get to see Edge, Larry and Bono before the show at the back of arena for some autographs. That was easily the highlight of the past 2 days.
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. Interesting to know. I kind of agree. For $700 I think a meet and great or back stage tour should be included for sure. Would be great for the people who won the raffles

I have a few pics I can post if you can tell me how to do it?

Only option I see it asks for an image url? They are just jpegs, thought I could attach. Pardon my ignorance.

NEVERMIND, found it.....

Attachments

• u21.jpg
    u21.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 37
  • u22.jpg
    u22.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 46
  • u23.jpg
    u23.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
more pics

Attachments

• u24.jpg
    u24.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 41
  • u25.jpg
    u25.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 41
  • u26.jpg
    u26.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 41
Looks like pre printed autographs. Am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Did your VIP pass allow you to go onto the floor? ... Or did you have to stay in your seats?

Thank you for this! ... Quick question -- Did your VIP pass allow you to go onto the floor? ... Or did you have to stay in your seats?

I attended VIP in Phoenix on Saturday.

Pre-show party was alright, food was good. I think I was one of only a couple people in U2 apparel... I got the sense that most of the people there were casual fans or just people with connections/money.

On row 11 the view was great for being able to see both stages and the screens, but it did seem kinda far away, probably just because I'm used to seeing U2 from GA. I would much prefer GA.

I have a few pics I can post if you can tell me how to do it?

Only option I see it asks for an image url? They are just jpegs, thought I could attach. Pardon my ignorance.

NEVERMIND, found it.....

When did you get your VIP gift book? Did it arrive in the mail or was it at will call? I'm wondering how it works if I sell my paper VIP tickets.

We were supposed to get the gift at dinner, but we were told the truck was running late.
So they told us where they would set up their table after the show. Picked them up no problem just after show ended.

Back
Top Bottom