VIP fan tickets? And some other questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earth_Angel

Babyface
Backstory (doesn't really matter, but it's raining here, so why not…. :lol:)
When Chicago's first set of dates were released, I struggled with the price, but thought, this is something I've wanted to do forever and one of my only regrets is not buying the tickets to a U2 concert 14 years ago (darn college rent money). So I gulped and paid $240 for VIP fan tickets, since GA was gone in a blink. Then they released the dates for the second set of Chicago dates and we got insanely blessed with two nights of GA tickets!! Woohoo!! I thought it would be fairly easy to sell the tickets for the 24th. Then a whole lotta life changes, my husband getting a new job and most importantly, we found out we were expecting. This makes me 7 mths preggers for the Chicago dates!!!
Long story (not so short), I'm still sitting with those tickets for the 24th, as the GA tickets are non-transferrable and you can't sell them. Bit afraid I'm going to be eating a lot of money. :(
My questions:
#1) What are the VIP fan tickets again? I received an e-mail that tells me what gate to enter through, etc. yesterday. If I sell them to someone, do they get the VIP treatment, whatever that entails? I can't seem to get ticket master to let me transfer them, is that the venue or because they are VIP tickets? I was planning on printing them and express mailing them if need be (I'm in Ohio, not Chicago), but my e-mail said something about bringing an id with me. I have them for sale on ticket master site, but I was hoping I could save the buyer all their extra fees (makes you wonder who the real scalpers are).

#2) How long should I hold out that someone will actually buy these before drastically dropping the price? I'd love to use that money to get our hotel room, but I don't want to completely lose all money on them.

#3)How crazy am I to think I can do GA being 7 months pregnant?!?! :homy:
:lol: Actually, I don't really have a choice with the GA rules for Chicago and my husband's work schedule. Most of the pics I've seen, the GA crowd looks decently tame (I mean that in the nicest sense). I figure I can party near the rear of GA or even sit if I need to. U2 fans are going to be the nicest, right??? :wave::hug:

Thanks in advance for reading my novel and answering any questions. Even if I don't get to resell those tickets, I'm over-the-moon about my first U2 concert. It will a long time dream come true!!

They are print at home. I haven't printed them off yet.

Hmmm I don't know about print at home. Have you tried calling this number:
Ticketmaster VIP Tickets Fan Support
Tel: 877-4-VIPTKT (877-484-7858) | 9 AM – 11 PM (ES/DT), seven days a week

Back
Top Bottom