U2 to perform on TFI Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, great Vertigo. forgot how much I love that song, really looking forward to hearing it in London.

Thought Vertigo was good. Not long till the last night in London now!

The Periscopes from U2Start are fab, but far too small for me to watch on my iPhone! Hope they upload it to 4od, no sign of it on the timeline, weirdly.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Tfi is repeated tomorrow night at 11pm and the two extra performances are on there. Its a special extended version

Wonder how Bono's voice is going to be for the Paris taping. I watched 360 Rose Bowl on the plane the other day and he was really raspy for that show but still sounded pretty cool.

It would be such a shame if Bono's voice is fucked for the Paris taping. This tour is really something special, and it deserves to be documented with a show representative of that. Bono's sounded great pretty much throughout the tour so far, so I really, really hope his voice doesn't abandon him for the HBO taping.

Bono's sounding pretty good on OOC, so I'm a bit perplexed why he sounds so froggy on Wolves. Maybe just a passing bout of frogginess... Even with that I think he made it work and the performance was a good one (Edge multitasks well :) ).

When we finally got Raised By Wolves on pro shot; Bonos voice is extremly hoarse :(
The other in the band did a realy great job on the song.

It would be such a shame if Bono's voice is fucked for the Paris taping. This tour is really something special, and it deserves to be documented with a show representative of that. Bono's sounded great pretty much throughout the tour so far, so I really, really hope his voice doesn't abandon him for the HBO taping.

He sounded good a few days ago, I dont think he is worn out because of the tour, it is just a cold. He have been very careful with his voice this tour, he should be recover to Paris...

i thought it was a great performance! absolutely loved the show... my hub watched it too - first recent live U2 footage he's seen i think, and he loved Wolves and said it really came to life and that the live context took it to another level :up:

Judging by Take That's segment, U2 forums are getting a huge bum deal right now :lol:

you've got to be kidding? Take That were excruciating! sometimes there comes a time when being in a "boy band" and singing "boy band" type lyrics ("boy you gotta blah blah") is no longer dignified

now if Robbie was still in the line up, might be a different matter ;)

and as for the slide - thank FUCK they passed on that one... they're mid tour right now, have a history of falling off things and hurting themselves - what could possibly go wrong? :lol:

and as for the slide - thank FUCK they passed on that one... they're mid tour right now, have a history of falling off things and hurting themselves - what could possibly go wrong? :lol:

exactly! Gad, i can just see Bono trying to be a daredevil and slamming into a wall or something :doh:

you've got to be kidding? Take That were excruciating! sometimes there comes a time when being in a "boy band" and singing "boy band" type lyrics ("boy you gotta blah blah") is no longer dignified

now if Robbie was still in the line up, might be a different matter ;)

Edge proved to be kind of fall proof this time around though. Maybe it was his last cat life.

Raised by Wolves wasn't a great choice if theyre trying to win over neutrals, as it fits a big arena better rather than a tv studio. I feel the same applies to some of the "rock star shapes" Bono and edge "throw" whilst performing, they look ok in a stadium where Bono is trying to connect with people at the back, but in a tv studio they can be a bit cringe.
Other than that the interview was good and the songs, in particular the music was very good.

Back
Top Bottom