U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #1
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:33 AM
U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

Hopefully we can get enough information in the hour I have to edit this post that we can use this thread as a catch-all for people who are confused.

Here's how it's gonna work:

• If you subscribed to U2.com before September, you are in the "Experience" group. Your presale will be tomorrow, 12/4/14, at 10:00 Venue Local Time.
  • If you subscribed to U2.com between September and now, you are in the "Innocence" group. Your presale will be Friday, Dec 5 12noon EST (North America) or 10am local (Europe)
  • Your subscription allocates you TWO (2) tickets to the presale. You can not purchase more than two tickets total. You can use one ticket to two separate shows, or two tickets to one show, but no matter how you split it, you can only use TWO presale tickets.
  • Saturday, Dec 6 12noon (local) - Pre-sales end
  • AFTER the presale, you may purchase FOUR (4) additional tickets on the day of the General sale, which will also begin at 10:00 Venue Local Time (??? I'm guessing, U2.com doesn't say) 12/8/14.
  • Following the first day of the sale, you may buy an additional EIGHT (8) tickets from then on out.
  • So, theoretically one person can buy two tickets in the presale, four day of and eight more afterwards, for a total of 14 tickets.

• If you have two subscribers that are using two different credit cards with the same billing address, even if you use separate subscription codes, Ticketmaster WILL ding you for exceeding the ticket limit. To get around this, change your billing address to a family member's and switch it back after the purchase has gone through.

This is the seating chart that we have with the most details on it:

Consult at your own risk.

• As of 7:30 PM PST the presale codes have still not gone out. DO NOT PANIC. The Zoo Mods said it would be a few hours at about 4:30 PM PST.
  • If you subscribed to U2.com today and have not received a confirmation e-mail, DO NOT PANIC. They are working on getting them out to people.
  • IF all else fails, consult the TOURS section when logged in to U2.com and you should be able to find your presale code there.
  • The code you have right now is likely ONLY good for shows in 2015. If you DON'T use your code during this sale, it will stay good for any other shows added to the 2015 tour.
  • If you have more questions, PLEASE look here: http://www.u2.com/help

TICKETS: HARD vs CC-Entry Only

Old 12-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:33 PM
For example, what would be the best way to buy one seating ticket to London during first presale?

birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:45 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:33 AM
A friend of mine isn't using his Presale Code.

Can I use it?

paying with my credit card and using my data in Ticketmster, of course
pepokiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

As far as I know (And I'm not adding this to the first post, because I'm not sure), you can do it as long as you don't use more than two presale tickets with the same billing address.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Local Time: 02:33 AM
Thank you for this post.

I'm not a U2.com member so it's Monday for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app
ClaytonsKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #6
Refugee

Two questions:

1) I have a Experience U2.com account... the code for which my pops is going to use tomorrow to buy two tickets. He is going to upgrade his own U2.com account to Innocence tonight... getting the pre-sale code for Friday. Like you mention in the OP, if he wants to do this on the same Ticketmaster account does he have to use different credit cards/address in order for both orders on Thursday and Friday to go through?

2) Was the rumor about paperless/credit card-tied GA tickets true?

Thanks for the OP, very helpful!
RoKKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #7
Refugee

Excellent thread- thank you bono_212!
LadySpinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:54 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
As far as I know (And I'm not adding this to the first post, because I'm not sure), you can do it as long as you don't use more than two presale tickets with the same billing address.
thank you
pepokiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

You need to make a big small correction to the Friday pre-sale time...from U2 > Tours > 2015 Tour :

Quote:
Friday, Dec 5 12noon EST (North America) or 10am local (Europe) - pre-sales open for iNNOCENCE Group (recent subscribers)
Pop Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #10
Acrobat

These ticket limits are per individual show, correct? So, on Monday in the general sale (I'm not doing the presale), I should be able to buy 3 tickets to a MSG show and 2 tickets to an LA show right? It's 5 tickets total for the day, but I didn't exceed 4 per individual concert.
Mr. Millennium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop Artist View Post
You need to make a big small correction to the Friday pre-sale time...from U2 > Tours > 2015 Tour :
OH jeez, sorry. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #12
The Fly

$278 per ticket should get you a seat on the stage.
adb280z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Millennium View Post
These ticket limits are per individual show, correct? So, on Monday in the general sale (I'm not doing the presale), I should be able to buy 3 tickets to a MSG show and 2 tickets to an LA show right? It's 5 tickets total for the day, but I didn't exceed 4 per individual concert.
This is what Ticketmaster.com says:

Quote:
Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.
This isn't clear to me if that's per show, or not.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #14
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:33 PM
What prices do we know of so far?
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:25 PM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoKKeR View Post
Two questions:

1) I have a Experience U2.com account... the code for which my pops is going to use tomorrow to buy two tickets. He is going to upgrade his own U2.com account to Innocence tonight... getting the pre-sale code for Friday. Like you mention in the OP, if he wants to do this on the same Ticketmaster account does he have to use different credit cards/address in order for both orders on Thursday and Friday to go through?

2) Was the rumor about paperless/credit card-tied GA tickets true?

Thanks for the OP, very helpful!
1) He should probably use different Ticketmaster accounts. And the billing address and credit card numbers can not be the same. As long as those two things are different, you should be fine.

2) I haven't heard anything about that outside of one show in Europe, but someone else may know more specifics.

Tags
tickets, u2 tour