U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Hopefully we can get enough information in the hour I have to edit this post that we can use this thread as a catch-all for people who are confused.

Here's how it's gonna work:

• If you subscribed to U2.com before September, you are in the "Experience" group. Your presale will be tomorrow, 12/4/14, at 10:00 Venue Local Time.
  • If you subscribed to U2.com between September and now, you are in the "Innocence" group. Your presale will be Friday, Dec 5 12noon EST (North America) or 10am local (Europe)
  • Your subscription allocates you TWO (2) tickets to the presale. You can not purchase more than two tickets total. You can use one ticket to two separate shows, or two tickets to one show, but no matter how you split it, you can only use TWO presale tickets.
  • Saturday, Dec 6 12noon (local) - Pre-sales end
  • AFTER the presale, you may purchase FOUR (4) additional tickets on the day of the General sale, which will also begin at 10:00 Venue Local Time (??? I'm guessing, U2.com doesn't say) 12/8/14.
  • Following the first day of the sale, you may buy an additional EIGHT (8) tickets from then on out.
  • So, theoretically one person can buy two tickets in the presale, four day of and eight more afterwards, for a total of 14 tickets.

• If you have two subscribers that are using two different credit cards with the same billing address, even if you use separate subscription codes, Ticketmaster WILL ding you for exceeding the ticket limit. To get around this, change your billing address to a family member's and switch it back after the purchase has gone through.

This is the seating chart that we have with the most details on it:
U2-Seating-Chart.jpg

Consult at your own risk.

• As of 7:30 PM PST the presale codes have still not gone out. DO NOT PANIC. The Zoo Mods said it would be a few hours at about 4:30 PM PST.
  • If you subscribed to U2.com today and have not received a confirmation e-mail, DO NOT PANIC. They are working on getting them out to people.
  • IF all else fails, consult the TOURS section when logged in to U2.com and you should be able to find your presale code there.
  • The code you have right now is likely ONLY good for shows in 2015. If you DON'T use your code during this sale, it will stay good for any other shows added to the 2015 tour.
  • If you have more questions, PLEASE look here: http://www.u2.com/help

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f314/tickets-hard-vs-cc-entry-only-217653.html

Last edited by a moderator:
For example, what would be the best way to buy one seating ticket to London during first presale?

A friend of mine isn't using his Presale Code.

Can I use it?

paying with my credit card and using my data in Ticketmster, of course

As far as I know (And I'm not adding this to the first post, because I'm not sure), you can do it as long as you don't use more than two presale tickets with the same billing address.

Two questions:

1) I have a Experience U2.com account... the code for which my pops is going to use tomorrow to buy two tickets. He is going to upgrade his own U2.com account to Innocence tonight... getting the pre-sale code for Friday. Like you mention in the OP, if he wants to do this on the same Ticketmaster account does he have to use different credit cards/address in order for both orders on Thursday and Friday to go through?

2) Was the rumor about paperless/credit card-tied GA tickets true?

Thanks for the OP, very helpful!

These ticket limits are per individual show, correct? So, on Monday in the general sale (I'm not doing the presale), I should be able to buy 3 tickets to a MSG show and 2 tickets to an LA show right? It's 5 tickets total for the day, but I didn't exceed 4 per individual concert.

These ticket limits are per individual show, correct? So, on Monday in the general sale (I'm not doing the presale), I should be able to buy 3 tickets to a MSG show and 2 tickets to an LA show right? It's 5 tickets total for the day, but I didn't exceed 4 per individual concert.

This is what Ticketmaster.com says:

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their orders and tickets cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

This isn't clear to me if that's per show, or not.

Two questions:

1) I have a Experience U2.com account... the code for which my pops is going to use tomorrow to buy two tickets. He is going to upgrade his own U2.com account to Innocence tonight... getting the pre-sale code for Friday. Like you mention in the OP, if he wants to do this on the same Ticketmaster account does he have to use different credit cards/address in order for both orders on Thursday and Friday to go through?

2) Was the rumor about paperless/credit card-tied GA tickets true?

Thanks for the OP, very helpful!

1) He should probably use different Ticketmaster accounts. And the billing address and credit card numbers can not be the same. As long as those two things are different, you should be fine.

2) I haven't heard anything about that outside of one show in Europe, but someone else may know more specifics.

Those in the Seating Chart in the first Post.

Those prices (I think) includ the Service Charge

No, they don't include service charges. At least I don't think they do. The cheapest ticket at the L.A. Forum is US $35.00 Ticket + US $13.65 Fees =
US $48.65

Thanks for consolidating this information, bono_212. It is very helpful.

Do you know if the pre-sale codes will be valid for the as yet unannounced dates? For instance, it seems almost definite that there are more dates to be announced for Chicago, Boston and New York, given the gaps left in the calendar so far, and what we've heard about the tour. I'm just trying to gauge whether it might be worth buying a pre-sale code to try and have two bites at the cherry (i.e., get the pre-sale code and try to get tickets for one of these already announced dates; if I get shut out for one of those dates and in the general sale, hold on to the code and try for a subsequent date, assuming there will be pre-sales for those dates as well).

Do you know if the pre-sale codes will be valid for the as yet unannounced dates? For instance, it seems almost definite that there are more dates to be announced for Chicago, Boston and New York, given the gaps left in the calendar so far, and what we've heard about the tour. I'm just trying to gauge whether it might be worth buying a pre-sale code to try and have two bites at the cherry (i.e., get the pre-sale code and try to get tickets for one of these already announced dates; if I get shut out for one of those dates and in the general sale, hold on to the code and try for a subsequent date, assuming there will be pre-sales for those dates as well).

Honestly, this is the thing that I'm going to be toying over until tomorrow morning. Originally, I was set on using the pre-sale code for the two announced Chicago shows (assuming I succeeded in getting a ticket for each). But if further shows could be announced there and the credit card entry issue isn't a big thing tomorrow, then I might be tempted to wait it out until other shows are announced.

It's a risk, sure, but I guess we'll find out once we try in the morning! Assuming we get the pre-sale codes by then, of course...

Thanks for consolidating this information, bono_212. It is very helpful.

The Pre-sale codes are good for ALL shows in 2015. So they will be good for shows added later in 2015 as well, thus, if more Chicago shows are added and you haven't used your code yet, you can use it for those shows.

Those prices include the venue fee, which is probably $3 in San Jose's case.

Oh Jesus, it says it right there, doesn't it? :lol:

Well, that's before Ticketmast Fees, at least, so I'm guessing they'll be similar to, but a might bit cheaper than, LA tickets.

EDIT: Here we go, the base San Jose ticket is: US $30.00 Ticket + US $10.75 Fees = US $40.75

My interpretation of it based on past experiences is you are correct. The general sale is a 4 ticket limit per show on day one. So should you be lucky enmough, you could in theory buy 4 tix to each show that goes on sale Monday.

Back
Top Bottom