u2 play 3Arena in December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find it strange that the article says they will "end" the Innocence and Experience tour in Dublin at the end of this year. That's going to be it for the tour? What about all the places they have yet to play yet? Why would they end the tour before Songs of Experience is even released?

I think what they meant to say is that the 2015 leg of the tour will end in Dublin? I can't see them ending the tour so soon, and not visiting the rest of the world.

It would be a nice way to end the tour, back home. I don't think they're going to tour as long as last tour, at all. They won't go see that many places either.

It would be a nice way to end the tour, back home. I don't think they're going to tour as long as last tour, at all. They won't go see that many places either.

So you don't believe they will continue into 2016?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Looking at the shows in December it would be between the 7th and 14th, or after the 20th. Hope its the beginning of December...

If it gets to be eight as has been rumored, they could do four between the 7th and 14th and then the rest after the 20th, would work out nicely for the last show to be New Year's Eve.

So you don't believe they will continue into 2016?

Somebody at Croke Park Dublin said that U2 had booked the stadium for summer 2016. This was back in late 2014, before the I&E tour was ever announced, and he made it clear U2 intended to play Croke Park in 2016, not 2015. If they plan to do another leg in Europe and North America (which I'm sure they do), as well as a South American and Australian leg, and release a 2nd album in there (as if), I can see this tour extending into 2017.

The band themselves have already indicated the tour will go into 2016 - Adam, for example, suggested to a Brazilian radio station that there will be a South American jaunt in early 2016.

The article just means the end of the European leg.

#1 on my bucketlist is to see U2 play in Ireland.

Not sure if I would commit to an arena show in December or wait to see if they play Croke Park next summer. Hmmmm... What would be the better U2 in Ireland experience? I'm guessing the Croke Park show. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

It's been over 15 years since I was last in Dublin. Has also been my dream for a long time to see U2 on my birthday (New Year's Eve)...this may be my last best chance, if indeed they are playing then, I am going to try my hardest to make this work and go.

Any arena in Ireland would blow a Croke Park gig outta the water. Croke Park is rubbish for acoustics and sightlines, too big, too open and too wide.

Me too. Already booked hotel for 3 nights 11-14 December. Too good a price not to and not charged until check in so silly not to book now. Prices of all hotels will rocket when dates announced!

A part of me still expects another year of stadium touring, but unless there's going to be a Songs of Experience released soon... I don't see it happen.

Prior to B's accident, I believe Edge was quoted as saying SoE was approx 70% done. I'm betting they did quite a bit of mixing and such while Bono was recovering...something tells me we'll likely see SoE sometime during the tour, ala Zooropa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Me too. Already booked hotel for 3 nights 11-14 December. Too good a price not to and not charged until check in so silly not to book now. Prices of all hotels will rocket when dates announced!

Yeah, that's the kicker, but how did you decide which 3 nights to book? Are the speculated dates actually listed somewhere?

I looked at the arena website. Theres someone there on 6th and again on the 15th so I figure they would need 1 spare clear day each end to set up/clear the stage. I`m guessing that they could do 8/9, day off 10th, then 11/12 and possibly 13th if there are 5 shows?

z15klwobjpy5p317qbbu_zpsazkt1anp.gif

It'd be incredibly shitty if they didn't do any Dublin dates, after they said they certainly were doing them. Several Irish fans probably held off on using their presales for these shows. Had they known there were going to be no Irish shows this year, those fans could've used their presales for shows in other countries.

So I actually read the article, and it seems like they intend to play Dublin "at the end of the year", but not in December. So November, then, I guess. Whatever. Dates may not be finalized until June it said, for whatever reason. U2 will not be available until after 11/15 Paris show. 3 Arena has these shows scheduled;

11/18- Imagine Dragons
11/20- Van Morrison
11/29- Simple Minds

So that would mean U2's time at the 3 Arena could be like this;
11/21- Van Morrison loads out, U2 loads in
11/22- Gig
11/23- Gig
11/24- Day off
11/25- Day off
11/26- Gig
11/27- Gig
11/28- U2 loads out, Simple Minds loads in

So that would mean U2's time at the 3 Arena could be like this;
11/21- Van Morrison loads out, U2 loads in
11/22- Gig
11/23- Gig
11/24- Day off
11/25- Day off
11/26- Gig
11/27- Gig
11/28- U2 loads out, Simple Minds loads in

They don't necessarily need the free day to load in/out; if you look at the 3Arena's schedule, there are multiple shows the day immediately after a different act.

However, if U2 stick to the two on/two off schedule, there is no way to fit more than four gigs into that gap anyway.

Back
Top Bottom