U2 Montreal Rant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is where my concert addiction comes in handy. I knew to look at alternate venue maps when buying tickets for Boston. Also, I knew something was up based in the pricing structure. My $107 tix were loge on the end, EStage, and balcony in the middle.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I agree that U2 should have had a little better diagram for us prior to tickets on sale. Including accurate red zone info. Not really agreeing with OP if he tickets said obstructed view but they should have had a rough outline in December of the layout.

Wow. Are you insulting me based on my screen name? Thank you for letting me know the lyrics, after 23 years of it being my favorite song. I'm so glad you were here to make assumptions and set me straight. That would be like me telling you that it's Bonovox instead of Gonovox. I have no idea what your name means, and vice versa. But so you know, it has nothing to do with the lyrics, and everything to do with my love for the song and the fact that plain old Ultraviolet was already taken, along with a ton of other options.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Please take a deep breath and calm down. I wasn't insulting you in any way shape or form. I was referencing an old in-joke. One that actually came up amongst fans over beers in Montreal (causing further hilarity to ensue). Are you new? Then get acquainted, and try to chill before rushing to judgement.

My username stems from an older username, which was abbreviated. One day if we meet, you'll get it :wink:

Sent from my ass crack

A lot of things were messed up with Montreal.....I bought fan club presale tickets in 108 thinking they were across from the main stage, not behind it. A couple of days before the show, Evenko put a bunch of $325 tickets down to $115. I ended up getting two tickets in Section 124 row 3 for the Saturday show!! Best seats I have ever had to a concert. The people right behind me were not happy to hear that people a row lower than them paid over $200 less per ticket......(I was also easily able to sell my Section 108 tix)

If the stage didn't flip, then the seating chart did. Several people in this thread have verified that their seats were not where they were led to believe they would be. That's it. No need to try to make people feel stupid for believing the map that the venue provided.

That being said... it is NOT difficult to find out which side of an arena the end stage will be set up on. It's the same side of the arena for almost every single show, for obvious logistical reasons. It's fairly simple, and very little research needed to be done to figure it out at each arena.

With the limited number of cities, many were buying tickets for non-familiar venues.

And the Red Zones were NEVER listed as being off a main stage until right before the first show.

The ticketmaster map had no main stage... It had one long block. So if you want to make an argument that you were mislead because you thought the stage would be one large center block? You've got yourself an argument. If you're arguing that you were wronged because you assumed the Red Zones were near the main stage, you're simply wrong.

I cut & pasted this from the Toronto TM page. Was the bolded line there in December?

(RED) Zone Ticket
Barricaded area adjacent to the Stage
Extremely limited capacity
VIP Entrance to the venue
An opportunity to be selected for a pre-show backstage tour
Access to the (RED) Zone refreshment stand
Please note: The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. A portion of the proceeds from your purchase supports the (RED) campaign. To learn more about the (RED) campaign, please visit RED.org

I honestly used the leaked coliseum stage photos, and the "North/South" indicators when buying some of the last minute(ie: stubhub rejects) tickets for opening night in Vancouver.

A lot of things were messed up with Montreal.....I bought fan club presale tickets in 108 thinking they were across from the main stage, not behind it. A couple of days before the show, Evenko put a bunch of $325 tickets down to $115. I ended up getting two tickets in Section 124 row 3 for the Saturday show!! Best seats I have ever had to a concert. The people right behind me were not happy to hear that people a row lower than them paid over $200 less per ticket......(I was also easily able to sell my Section 108 tix)

This is very true. I kept going to the Evenko site last week and noted that these tickets were well below cost for the Friday and Saturday night shows.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was thinking I was behind the main stage in section 118 and ended up behind the e-stage instead. I got these tickets through the fan club presale with little knowledge of how the U2 concert setting worked since the ticket presale was dropped into our laps, and this was the first U2 indoor venue concert I was going to. At the time, the map showed the red zone at my end of the venue...

Irregardless, I hope that in the future, Evenko and U2 can make it more clear where the main stage is during ticket sales at the Bell Centre and not hold so many tickets back at once... It makes me wonder if I can get a better deal with the presale or wait until the last minute to go to a concert in Montreal...:ohmy:

Just noticed the OP has posted the exact same post on another forum......hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If the stage didn't flip, then the seating chart did. Several people in this thread have verified that their seats were not where they were led to believe they would be. That's it. No need to try to make people feel stupid for believing the map that the venue provided.

No. No. No. No. No.

Nothing ever flipped.

You misinterpreted the layout. If you want to say this is U2 and Live Nation's fault for not laying everything out there from the start? For the hundredth time, I AGREE WITH YOU.

If you want to say that those who were not in the know could easily mistake where the Red Zones were posted on the placeholder maps as being the main stage? OK fine, I can agree with that, too.

But that's still just a misreading of the chart... perhaps one that isn't your fault, but a misreading none the less.

The seating chart and the stage NEVER flipped. Period.

Should U2 and Live Nation have given out more information prior to the tour starting? YES.

Has U2's PR team made a million mistakes over the course of this entire album release and tour cycle? YES.

But if you make a purchase based on an assumption and not any sort of fact, and your assumption turns out to be incorrect, that's very unfortunate, but it's nobody's fault but that of the purchaser.

With the limited number of cities, many were buying tickets for non-familiar venues.

I cut & pasted this from the Toronto TM page. Was the bolded line there in December?

(RED) Zone Ticket
Extremely limited capacity
VIP Entrance to the venue
An opportunity to be selected for a pre-show backstage tour
Access to the (RED) Zone refreshment stand
Please note: The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. A portion of the proceeds from your purchase supports the (RED) campaign. To learn more about the (RED) campaign, please visit RED.org

Actually? Yea, it was.

Thanks for trying, though.

And the unfamiliar venues argument is just silly.

Would you get a hotel room in an unfamiliar city without doing just a bare minimum of research first to make sure you weren't ending up in a shitty part of town? Of course not.

(RED) Zone Ticket

And both the original location shown on the maps and the actual location were "adjacent to the stage" as the "stage" runs the entire length of the floor. It did not say "adjacent to the main stage"...so they had themselves covered.

As Headache and others here have said, the layouts could and should have been better defined (and I think that falls on LiveNation much more than on the band), but any small amount of research would tell someone which end the main stage was going to be at.

I did and all it took was a quick look at the various floor plans on Ticketmaster to know where a main stage would be. I then threw back the seat that would have been behind the stage in favor of one next to the B stage. But again, I buy tons of concert tickets, so i know to do that.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

No. No. No. No. No.

Nothing ever flipped.

You misinterpreted the layout. If you want to say this is U2 and Live Nation's fault for not laying everything out there from the start? For the hundredth time, I AGREE WITH YOU.

If you want to say that those who were not in the know could easily mistake where the Red Zones were posted on the placeholder maps as being the main stage? OK fine, I can agree with that, too.

But that's still just a misreading of the chart... perhaps one that isn't your fault, but a misreading none the less.

The seating chart and the stage NEVER flipped. Period.

Should U2 and Live Nation have given out more information prior to the tour starting? YES.

Has U2's PR team made a million mistakes over the course of this entire album release and tour cycle? YES.

But if you make a purchase based on an assumption and not any sort of fact, and your assumption turns out to be incorrect, that's very unfortunate, but it's nobody's fault but that of the purchaser.

Good god THANK YOU. :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom