U2 Montreal Rant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think most people would look at the seating map and assume that the red zone was off the main stage. I've never heard of this 107 behind the stage thing, as I'm sure most casual concertgoers haven't. The map was misleading, period.

I think most people would look at the seating map and assume that the red zone was off the main stage. I've never heard of this 107 behind the stage thing, as I'm sure most casual concertgoers haven't. The map was misleading, period.

What is there to hear?

To simply assume that the Red Zones were next to the main stage would have been exactly what you said... an assumption, and a wrong one.

Simply clicking on another seating chart would have told shown you what sections are where. Anyone who would have done so, which would take approximately, oh I dunno, 10 seconds, would have seen that in every single other concert held at the venue that section 107 was rear stage. Basic common sense would then lead you to think that hey, maybe section 107 would probably be behind the stage.

The band were wrong in not releasing more information about exactly how bad the obstructed views were. They should have given more information.

But if you had a question as to where the rear stage was and didn't bother to do any simple research and just guessed? Sorry, but that's on you.

The screen shot previously posted shows that the tickets were clearly marked "partially obstructed view" (in sum and substance)(and in French).

It was not a wrong assumption. The red zone was off the main stage. The map was misleading and a lot of people trusted it. Not because they are stupid or lack common sense, but in my case, because there was no time to click on other maps. It was a mad rush to get tickets at the public onsale.

It was not a wrong assumption. The red zone was off the main stage. The map was misleading and a lot of people trusted it. Not because they are stupid or lack common sense, but in my case, because there was no time to click on other maps. It was a mad rush to get tickets at the public onsale.

I know right? Because tickets went on sale at the exact moment the tour was announced, right? No time to do a little research!

Please.

And the Red Zones were NEVER listed as being off a main stage until right before the first show.

The ticketmaster map had no main stage... It had one long block. So if you want to make an argument that you were mislead because you thought the stage would be one large center block? You've got yourself an argument. If you're arguing that you were wronged because you assumed the Red Zones were near the main stage, you're simply wrong.

The San Jose stage diagram which the block ticketmaster placeholder was based off of, had the red Zones near the e stage. NOT the main stage.

How many people research a venue map? Who has time for that? I was planning on getting GAs so the seating map didn't apply to me anyway. Until GAs weren't available and I had to go for seats. It all worked out for me, because I was in the loop close to my show. But the majority of people who are buying seats to a U2 show are not checking out maps beforehand and are not on this site gathering information. They are trusting what the venue tells them, because why would they question it. The original poster has a right to be upset about the seating chart being flipped. As do the many, many others who have complained about it.

Oh fuck off, I've been trying to get tickets for Toronto for months. Montreal had four shows and you got lower bowl seats. Last I checked the primary reason for going to any concert is to hear a band play music . If you're there to watch a screen, stay home and let people who actually won't be salty the entire show take your spot.

Like others have said, you paid half the price as everyone else in the lower bowl and your ticket said pretty clearly that it was an obstructed view. It's not U2 or the promoters fault you weren't paying attention.

The map was not misleading.

Which map did you see? The long narrow one? If that's the one you saw then how can you claim to make an assumption as to where the main stage was? There was no main stage in that diagram. That diagram clearly shows the action will be the length of the arena and end seats will not be optimal.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

the left hand side is always behind stage. Diagrams will always read from left to right.
That's true for ticketmaster I believe, but you can't guarantee every chart will read left to right

Not even true for all ticketmaster charts...Boston is (and alway has been) right to left...

63907s_a.gif

Which map did you see? The long narrow one? If that's the one you saw then how can you claim to make an assumption as to where the main stage was? There was no main stage in that diagram. That diagram clearly shows the action will be the length of the arena and end seats will not be optimal.

This was the map. Why wouldn't I assume that section 104 was going to be close to main stage on Edge's side?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 31
How many people research a venue map? Who has time for that? I was planning on getting GAs so the seating map didn't apply to me anyway. Until GAs weren't available and I had to go for seats. It all worked out for me, because I was in the loop close to my show. But the majority of people who are buying seats to a U2 show are not checking out maps beforehand and are not on this site gathering information. They are trusting what the venue tells them, because why would they question it. The original poster has a right to be upset about the seating chart being flipped. As do the many, many others who have complained about it.
If I'm buying seats to a show, any show, I always check out the venue layout.

And as Headache stated, the seating chart didn't flip...the planned location of Red Zone changed from where it was previously shown to where they ended up putting it while they were running through rehearsals. Nothing else changed, nobody in any of the seating areas of any arena had their seats/view/vantage point switched around.

This was the map. Why wouldn't I assume that section 104 was going to be close to main stage on Edge's side?

If you look at any other regular end stage set up for Pepsi center, you see the main stage is at the other end, and its the case everywhere....wherever the normal end stage is in a building is where U2's main or "I" stage is:

PepsiCenterEnd_all.gif

PepsiCenter_EndStageGA_2012-03-06_2012-03-06_1200_tn.gif

Ok, well thanks for the lesson in venue maps. Next time I'll be sure to check out other event maps, just in case they happen to mess it up for the one I'm attending. Like I said, it all worked out for me, but I understand why others, like the original poster, many on FB and my friend that texted me about it were upset.

I lucked out for Vancouver 2 - I swear I had bought tickets in what, on the map, looked like the "far" end of the arena (so, behind the e stage). Nope, we were almost behind the main stage. Luckily, we weren't totally behind, so we could still see the screen and the band, but I was super confused and swear they had changed something. I wouldn't have knowingly bought tickets that were almost behind the stage.

So yeah, agreed that there was a lot they could have done better.

Sorry you had such a shitty time, original poster guy. :(

PS: it's ULTRA-VIO-LET

NOT

ULTRAVIOLET-light

Sent from my ass crack

Wow. Are you insulting me based on my screen name? Thank you for letting me know the lyrics, after 23 years of it being my favorite song. I'm so glad you were here to make assumptions and set me straight. That would be like me telling you that it's Bonovox instead of Gonovox. I have no idea what your name means, and vice versa. But so you know, it has nothing to do with the lyrics, and everything to do with my love for the song and the fact that plain old Ultraviolet was already taken, along with a ton of other options.

Based on images I am seeing this morning on the web relating to this concert, I am right. For example, I see "red zone" at the opposite side of the rink to 107. Not sure how I could assume Red Zone was actually "away" from the main stage

Main stage is always in the same end at Bell center. Every TM listing had "north" and "south" clearly marked.

Were you the one that mentioned this right after Vancouver.

U2/LN do deserve to be ripped for the misleading seating charts, especially after opening night.

It was a reference to an old, irritating argument that went on here a few years ago. :)

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f194/what-does-edge-sing-in-ultraviolet-201597.html

Interference gold there.

Oh and this one
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f189/something-really-bugging-me-about-ultra-violet-191706.html

And there's this one as well
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...uring-ultraviolet-are-ultraviolet-206622.html

My god, how many threads can we have on deaf people? :lol:

Thank you SO MUCH for posting these old thread links GGirl... I haven't laughed this much in quite a while.

You all do seem to gang up on people that may have a different view than yours...just an observation...

What's brilliant about this is that the second to last poster in the second link actually made the third thread a couple years later. :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom