U2 is at the atU2 party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
10 music rising signed Epiphone Les Pauls were sold for only $10k each.

It's the stage used by Edge for U2 related gig with rock solid proof that adds a "0" to the price.

Plus I thought those MR guitars are less than attractive visually and they are more "Edge" side project than "u2" related.

I can assure you that will never, ever happen.

Mick will part with that guitar when you pry it from his cold dead hands.

His bigger problem now is that he has to take that Explorer out of circulation and get a new one.

:lol::lol::lol: oh, mick what a problemn to have! :lol:

while quite disappointed i wasn't at this show...

... I'm absolutely thrilled that UF got such an incredible suprize along with Matt and @u2 & UF, U2 fans :ohmy::applaud::applaud::applaud:

saw vid the next eve from fans there outside MSG :yippie:

all the videos were cool - but that blue screen of death at the beginning kinda brings everything down a notch

Windows_9X_BSOD.png

:wave:

Hi, Headache!

You don't really know me, but I've been on this board for about 15 years and I was at the Cutting Room. I've only just got home from NY, and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your story. It was hysterical and emotional at the same time. Thank you so much for posting it! :edge::adam:

So I got to the cutting room later than I wanted because a meeting at work ran late. Band was already soundchecking, and I started to set up my laptop next to the stage. I'm their Willie Williams, so to speak. The cutting room is on a wireless system for their video, which normally has worked great... but during sound check it was going in and out. I told their a/v guy that maybe the WiFi needs to be reset, and he told me everything was fine it'll hook up once you leave it on for a while.

Anyhoo... Show starts, and not even half way through the first song and the video goes out. I'm going nuts trying to fix it, waving to the a/v guy who's on the balcony, texting with our own sound guy who's also there and failing to get the screen to work... all the whole Amp is texting me calling me an asshole for fucking up the screen. Good times, good times.

As the third song, I Will Follow, starts... Gabe, Mr GVox for the uninitiated, taps me on the shoulder and says "you're going to want to talk to this person" and points to a woman next to him.

She comes to me and says "hi, I work for U2, and Dallas Schoo is coming to the show tonight and wants to play Streets with the band. Do you think that would be okay with them?"

I tell her "I can't speak for the band, but I WILL speak for the band, and yes... that would be absolutely OK. Just let me tell them.". She says great and steps away.

I'm waiting in the side of the stage for the song to end, and I get tapped again on the shoulder. It's the same woman. She says " Dallas is here now, can you play Streets next? "

At this point I walk onto the stage and over to George, the drummer, and try to tell him. He can barely hear me and pretty much thinks I'm telling him something is wrong with my shoes.

I then get Mick's attention (guitar) and tell he leans in to me while playing so that he can hear me. He lights up and says absolutely.

I go back to side stage and Dallas is walking over. I shake his hand and start talking to him. He shows me the specs for the guitar for Streets. I tell him yes, not knowing what the fuck he was actually asking for cause I don't know shit about guitars.

The song ends and I walk back on stage to tell Tony, who looks over and sees Dallas. I walk back over to side stage as Tony is announcing a special guest, and announces Dallas. The crowd goes nuts and Dallas walks onstage. I start talking to Craig (bass) as Dallas takes Mick's guitar. As we're talking I hear the crowd go to another fucking level... Absolutely ape shit. I have no idea why. I turn around and Adam Clayton is walking past me. I then look out on the stage and see that The Edge is already on stage hugging Mick.

Ho-ly-Shit I lost it.

They so Streets,I'm hugging it out with Craig for the entire song, between trying to video the moment. Completely forgot about the broken sceen.

Song ends and they take pictures with UF in front of the crowd. Crowd starts chanting the loudest "one more song" I've ever heard.

Edge turns to Tony and says "Out of Control?". Of course he says yes... even though they already played it two songs earlier before Edge and Adam walked in.

Edge grabs Mick's explorer because that's what Edge uses for the song, but Mick had it tuned differently. So Adam's bass was out of tune. Craig and I switch out the bass to the right one and they go off into Out Of Control. And during the bridge of Out Of Control, Tony can say " on the bass, Adam Clayton..." and "...THIS IS THE EDGE!"... and it actually fucking was.

Adam and Edge left after Out Of Control, and UF played Electric Co. Then they had to stop the first set because it was too fucking emotional. Had to go downstairs to the green room and take it all in. And yes, during the break the guy reset the fucking WiFi so that the screens would work again.

I am still overwhelmed by the entire thing. Unfuckingreal.

all the videos were cool - but that blue screen of death at the beginning kinda brings everything down a notch

Windows_9X_BSOD.png

:wave:

It's not Headache's fault. They had actually planned on playing Unknown Caller next. This screen would have been the ironic backdrop during "force quit and move to trash".

:angry:

Ya know... I've been thinking about how even more epic it would have been if the damn WiFi was working right and that red screen was up behind them as they started playing Streets... but then I realize that if the WiFi was working and I was at my computer, I wouldn't have been on stage...

So fuck the screen

Last edited:
Had a blast at The Cutting Room, loved seeing the UF again (Flannerys on Vertigo also).
Had a chance now I'm home to read Headaches story properly, fucking brilliant stuff. Loved the fact that the mid set break set was due to everyone being WTF.

How come so many people in there had numbers written on their hands though? Was there a secret raffle? :lol:

Holy shit YES, I don't know you but you where front rail and I just couldn't help but notice the situation.
I'm pretty sure I saw you in the video having an AWESOME time. And I love seeing people have a good time, and enjoying the moment.

I wanted to give you props for being way to nice to the guy behind you who was VERY rude.
He tried to push (I think it was you) your hands away and was obviously annoyed you where blocking his phone or camera.

Feeling entitled to slap someones hands away while taking pictures much? :huh:
Behaving like a 7 year old much.

p.s. your avi rules.

Yep that's me jumping in the jumpsuit. Thanks for saying that. I was feeling pretty embarrassed about the sitch being filmed by u2.com. But you're right, playing it cool left him looking like an ass for the world to see.

Anyway, that doesn't take away from the experience. Those guys, Headache included, are all very devoted to their band and work hard. So it was great to see a dream come true for all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Had a blast at The Cutting Room, loved seeing the UF again (Flannerys on Vertigo also).
Had a chance now I'm home to read Headaches story properly, fucking brilliant stuff. Loved the fact that the mid set break set was due to everyone being WTF.

How come so many people in there had numbers written on their hands though? Was there a secret raffle? :lol:

We were giving away free moustache rides.

But yea... there was about half the first set left when they took that break... and Electric Co, the song they played after Out Of Control, wasn't even on the first half set... it was on the "audible" section of the setlist.

Just had to give everyone a chance to digest everything after such a crazy, emotional moment.

What an epic story Headache, so good. Can't even imagine the high I'd be riding!

I haven't made a comment here for years as the number of posts you can see clearly shows that it is quite rare that something moves me enough to make a comment.
BUT that surprise by Edge and Adam to turn up and play not one but two songs, I just felt that I gotta post a comment here (even though I damn well wish I was there but I'm here in Europe!).

Kudos to both Edge and Adam along with U2 management team for pulling it off without too much trouble and my god, I lurrrrrrrrve the reaction of all those people who were there or not including those here at Interference to those guys turning up out of the blue (literally speaking!)

I have seen many videos of U2 playing here and there but that video was priceless for many fans including myself as I ask myself, how many times has 2 members of U2 turn up to perform for fans at a party? As a lifelong fan I can't remember another instance where 2 members or more actually performed for fans outside their own schedules? Maybe someone here can correct me on that count. I'd be happy to be proved wrong but my god, this is absolutely so COOL! I kinda lost interest in U2 in the last few years but this alone has rekindled my love of the band! What a band! ???????

Last edited:
:angry:

Ya know... I've been thinking about how even more epic it would have been if the damn WiFi was working right and that red screen was up behind them as they started playing Streets... but then I realize that if the WiFi was working and I was at my computer, I wouldn't have been on stage...

So fuck the screen

Funnily enough I was wondering if the screen not working would be bothering you, but I think it all adds to the chaos and the story!
Just seems that on that night all the stars lined up for all involved. What a perfect memory!

Not sure if this one has been shared yet.. But the expressions on everyone's faces and the sheer "omygod, holy shit, women and men are crying" factor of it just makes me wanna cry tears of joy too.

This just made me so proud of U2, and happy that they're my band. They're a classy bunch.

Not sure if this one has been shared yet.. But the expressions on everyone's faces and the sheer "omygod, holy shit, women and men are crying" factor of it just makes me wanna cry tears of joy too.

Jesus, that's another great close up video there! Just shows how much this meant to the emotional gal that filmed this and of course to so many others too! Unbelievably emotional that! ? wow so much joy! Still so so so thankful for the internet for otherwise we wouldn't have spread this much love for this incredible band! ?

Back
Top Bottom