U2 I+E Tour documentary coming to HBO in the fall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any word on a BD/DVD release for this yet?

There was a reason this thread was as dead as the documentary.
I wondered myself , if they where going to use it as a fan club gift, since they should be announcing those before the end of januari right?

Really rudimentary question on this...is the HBO special taken from one night, or it is a combination of footage from several different nights?

My understanding is that the documentary has been filmed over a period of time (on tour)

Any word on a BD/DVD release for this yet?

I kind of doubt they will, at least not as a straight forward concert as it was aired.

If the show does change next time out I see an Innocence/ Experience box set with documentary and special bonus material.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Some bits after elevation were cut when Bono was interacting with the "stage crashers," and a chunk of the last part of bad was cut, including the part with Larry laughing and Bono having trouble with the French flag..there are a lot more crowd shots as well

A little late to the party here, but they also fixed the Streets-intro. Edge messed up the beginning there at the worst and effectively the most anti-climactic moment possible. I'm not a huge fan of fixing performance mistakes like that, but such a minor mistake with such a impact on the intended effect and timing of the music I can't fault them for improving a little.

A little late to the party here, but they also fixed the Streets-intro. Edge messed up the beginning there at the worst and effectively the most anti-climactic moment possible. I'm not a huge fan of fixing performance mistakes like that, but such a minor mistake with such a impact on the intended effect and timing of the music I can't fault them for improving a little.
I am so glad to hear that - you're right, it was the right kind of edit for a live show.

Hey, I'm watching the concert in HBO again and looks like it's a different edit... Maybe it's the same that was aired in Europe... I've seen more fan close ups

I probably missed something, but what happened to the actual documentary that was being worked on to coincide with the concert film?

Has it ever been completed and shown? Am I wrong to think that "making of IE Tour" was planned but not competed?

It was postponed, but I think it's going to be shelved.

Future U2.com subscription gift perhaps? Better yet, on the Merchandise Page as a DVD?

Kinda bums me if you are correct, I was looking forward to it given the technology of the screen and the new sound system.

I would be gutted if it didn't see the light of day. Its been ages since we saw a making off / documentary style thing. Was really looking forward to this.

I figured the reason the documentary was put on ice was because it might feature the making of songs of experience. The announcement for the doc made it sound very in depth, and if the band were working on SoE (they even had a travelling studio) on tour, I'm sure it would be covered during the programme. Maybe they didn't want to show all that off before the album was out.

It also lined up nicely with soe being released, or at least announced, around that date - there were rumors that the album was "ready to go" around the Paris shows/documentary airing date, and if they were going to announce a new album and new shows, coinciding that with a live broadcast and documentary seems logical.

It also seems that the documentary was postponed not too long before it became apparent that soe wouldn't be coming out at the end of 2015.

Could all be coincidence, but it lines up quite well, and off the top of my head I can't think of another good reason for the documentary to have been indefinitely postponed/shelved (other than that it simply wasn't finished in time, and they didn't want to release it all by itself, between tour/album cycles, when it's not 'in promotion' of something).

Back
Top Bottom