U2 and Salesforce two year plan - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-09-2015, 07:15 PM   #1
The Fly
 
Cancer45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 269
Local Time: 02:37 AM
U2 and Salesforce two year plan

Salesforce & U2: 2-Year Tour Sponsorship Commitment Includes A Fan Experience App
__________________

Cancer45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:22 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 19,625
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
U2 fans should start getting used to the Salesforce logo for the next two years
__________________

DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:48 PM   #3
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,184
Local Time: 02:37 AM
This partnership makes a little more sense now. This app sounds interesting, how long has Bono been talking about this kind of thing? I'm glad SOE is still being talked about


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #4
The Fly
 
Cancer45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 269
Local Time: 02:37 AM
If I remember correctly bono had been talking about this since 2009 in an interview with Zane Lowe.
Cancer45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #5
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,615
Local Time: 03:37 AM
I'm part intrigued and part disturbed by all of this.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:49 PM   #6
The Fly
 
Cancer45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 269
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Why disturbed?
Cancer45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:58 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
gareth brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,592
Local Time: 06:37 PM
glad to see someone's doing even the bare minimum of work on this tour
gareth brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:01 PM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,615
Local Time: 03:37 AM
That they seem to be, in a way, using fans as a focus group for their product.

My entire criticism of the band during this entire album cycle is that they are in such a desperate search for "relevance" that they are actually making themselves less relevant and damaging their reputations. They seem to be caring more about making sure people like them than they do about their art. Using SalesForce to collect marketing data on customers as a way to better position themselves in the market place seems at the same time smart and incredibly tacky, lame and more big business than rock band.

I dunno. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:10 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 7,119
Local Time: 02:37 AM
isn't good music all we need? 'cause I remember, the music sales was really good when21 from Adele came out.

But i know that App could (could) be interesting idea. or something.
Mack_Again is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:22 AM   #10
Refugee
 
Hallucination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Posts: 2,364
Local Time: 02:37 AM
I don't think its tacky at all. It's the band embracing the future and being "with the times" in terms of technology. If the music is good or great which SOI is in my opinion they can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerend when it comes to marketing their music. The days of selling out are long gone and let's be honest if U2 wasn't doing this some up and coming artist would be. The truth is I think U2 are actually more in touch with the younger generation(whether that generation is in touch with U2 or not is debateable) than many of their fans are. Including myself when it comes to this stuff. Also people need to get past this resistance to U2 being "big business". They are big business and have been since the 80s.
Hallucination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:11 AM   #11
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,184
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
That they seem to be, in a way, using fans as a focus group for their product.

My entire criticism of the band during this entire album cycle is that they are in such a desperate search for "relevance" that they are actually making themselves less relevant and damaging their reputations. They seem to be caring more about making sure people like them than they do about their art. Using SalesForce to collect marketing data on customers as a way to better position themselves in the market place seems at the same time smart and incredibly tacky, lame and more big business than rock band.

I dunno. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

You just defined social media...


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,321
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Call me crazy because, well, because i am, but i think u2 should have just sold 'Streets' to a car commercial and hung it up after 360 Tour.
Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:46 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mack_Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: definitely Osaka
Posts: 7,119
Local Time: 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallucination View Post
I don't think its tacky at all. It's the band embracing the future and being "with the times" in terms of technology. If the music is good or great which SOI is in my opinion they can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerend when it comes to marketing their music. The days of selling out are long gone and let's be honest if U2 wasn't doing this some up and coming artist would be. The truth is I think U2 are actually more in touch with the younger generation(whether that generation is in touch with U2 or not is debateable) than many of their fans are. Including myself when it comes to this stuff. Also people need to get past this resistance to U2 being "big business". They are big business and have been since the 80s.

I do agree that U2 is in touch with current gen. I was quite surprised when Boni supported independent release of music thru soundcloud or even streaming.
Mack_Again is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:05 PM   #14
Refugee
 
Outsider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,883
Local Time: 12:37 AM
To me they seem light years behind on social media compared to several other classic rock acts that have great people running their outlets. The Rolling Stones have an awesome app and FB page. That is the main thing that has frustrated me the most that in 2015, they still haven't figured it out.

I'm sure I'm repeating everything that everyone on here has already pointed out at one time or another but I just don't get it.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict
 
MissVelvetDress_75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Posts: 25,776
Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
To me they seem light years behind on social media compared to several other classic rock acts that have great people running their outlets. The Rolling Stones have an awesome app and FB page. That is the main thing that has frustrated me the most that in 2015, they still haven't figured it out.

I'm sure I'm repeating everything that everyone on here has already pointed out at one time or another but I just don't get it.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
I agree.

I also have no idea what this Salesforce thing is about and not sure if I should even bother caring.
__________________

MissVelvetDress_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com