Tour outfit of Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonorisz

Babyface
Hi guys,

just wanted to start this topic, because all in all the tour is so far amazing, the stage, the technology, the songs, just wow! But besides these, I just can't get over that lazy outfit of Bono. All the guys (Edge, Adam, Larry) are wearing cool outfit from head til toes, but somehow, that a-bit-too-large leather shirt and the jacket Bono is wearing, is for me not fitting into the whole picture, the stage picture. Previous tours he had really cool clothes and the design was well created. But now I am a bit dissapointed...

What are your opinions? I'm really curious, if it is only me, or is there anyone else out there who sees the same? Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Wow. Longtime lurker. Hi!

Eh, not sure this shouldn't be in PLEBA - you know what/where that is, right?

Oh, and I don't have any opinion of what any of them wear. Other than always having been amused by Bono's heels.

I was hoping Bono would be wearing a sparkly gold shirt, purple jacket, red pants, and blue boots. And a feather in his cap too. I have no idea why. Color me highly disappointed. Or better yet, just color me high.

Hasn't Bono been wearing the same patented 21st Century Rock Singer garb for about fifteen years now, with a haircut or two along the way? I don't pay much attention to this stuff.

Glad he ditched the 2005 glasses though.

PLEBA is for photos, and this is a question about tour clothing so I think Tour Discussion is a fine place for it.

I did notice that Bono is lacking the swag of the others, bonorisz! He's worn a jacket of some kind pretty much since Lovetown so I wouldn't expect that to change, but the loose blazer is very unappealing, IMHO. Especially with the slicked hair it makes him look soooo old. There were a couple of promo shots and maybe one show where he was wearing a shorter motorcycle jacket and I think it was way better. I'm hoping he switches as they go on.

I could also pick on Edge's polo shirts just because I hate polo shirts, but at least the are well fitting and bedazzled like a rock star's ought to be. Obviously he loves them as he's been wearing them constantly for over a year, and his stylist will only pry them out of his cold dead hands. For my money Adam is winning style on this tour in a big, big way. Between the hair, the skinny, and the tight punk Tshirts he looks just great, and Bono needs to take a lesson.

Adam and Larry-Can't-Go-Wrong-With-Fashion-Mullen are winning it by a mile.

this dissapoints me :wink:

For my money Adam is winning style on this tour in a big, big way. Between the hair, the skinny, and the tight punk Tshirts he looks just great, and Bono needs to take a lesson.

To be fair the last time Bono wore spandex he went into a coma, this is just about not tempting fate.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I could also pick on Edge's polo shirts just because I hate polo shirts, but at least the are well fitting and bedazzled like a rock star's ought to be.

What's with the leather jacket with the tassels though? It looks like he traveled back in time to 1987 and stole it off Richie Sambora... Which is kind of cool now that I think about it.

What's with the leather jacket with the tassels though? It looks like he traveled back in time to 1987 and stole it off Richie Sambora... Which is kind of cool now that I think about it.

I wish he had continued to rock this one. I love the color and it looks so soft.

U2PressConferenceMondrianSoho12-7-2013inNYC26.jpg%257Eoriginal.jpg

But he's got a pretty awesome motorcycle one for the the tour:

EdgeLAnight1ie.jpg

Givenchy or not, the polo shirts are just a little too... dare I say it?

dad like

One of them should dress up as this guy, im not saying who, but seriously one of them should. Complete with horns, white makeup, and glowing blue eyes

image1-1260x840.jpg

PLEBA is for photos, and this is a question about tour clothing so I think Tour Discussion is a fine place for it.

I did notice that Bono is lacking the swag of the others, bonorisz! He's worn a jacket of some kind pretty much since Lovetown so I wouldn't expect that to change, but the loose blazer is very unappealing, IMHO. Especially with the slicked hair it makes him look soooo old. There were a couple of promo shots and maybe one show where he was wearing a shorter motorcycle jacket and I think it was way better. I'm hoping he switches as they go on.

Bono has never looked this bad. The clothes are awful and the Christopher Walken hair is worse. Have I seen a gold chain in the pocket of that blazer also??? I must just be imagining that. He's 55 and the biggest rock star ever, make him look younger not older! The music is still awesome but the look screams reunion tour. They definitely need a new stylist.

Edit: Regarding my first line, some of those 80s look were pretty rough also, but hey, he was in his 20s. Hopefully they change something up this tour.

Heyy Guys, thank you so much for the answers. I might as well have the same opinion as you all. It was not bad at all, but some details, like the poloshirts, which I think is a bit "dad-ish", and Bono wearing a blazer at the end of the shows is so non-rock 'n roll for me, or at least non-U2-ish. But anyway, they said once before, maybe around 1988-1990, that they never ever had the style, but it's fine.

The JT-Tour 2017 was more better, let's hope for a more better tour for Expreience.

P.S.: I am not posting that much I used to, gosh as I am getting older time is also not that much as before :p But I think I'll change on this and keep posting again a bit more

Cheers guys!

I wish he had continued to rock this one. I love the color and it looks so soft.

U2PressConferenceMondrianSoho12-7-2013inNYC26.jpg%257Eoriginal.jpg

Gotta love the smile of a man wearing a 5k Leather Jacket. (Balmain) Damn him. He looks great in that .

I like some of the polo's he's wearing.... And I agree with Bono being an absolute horror outfit wise. I did not dig anything at all.

The others are fiiiine.

Back
Top Bottom