Tour merchandise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would buy a shirt with the Cedarwood Road drawings or Iris constellations.

All of these shirts are pretty much terrible (even though I caved and bought some...don't ask :der:)

The Boston shirt looks like one of those knockoff shirts you'd buy on the street outside of the venue. Except those guys don't rip you off for $45.

The Boston shirt looks like one of those knockoff shirts you'd buy on the street outside of the venue. Except those guys don't rip you off for $45.

The attack on Adam's fashion sensibilities by his band's tour tees has gone largely (perhaps even completely) unnoticed by the same press that rushed to report on Bono's bike accident and Edge's stage dive.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The attack on Adam's fashion sensibilities by his band's tour tees has gone largely (perhaps even completely) unnoticed by the same press that rushed to report on Bono's bike accident and Edge's stage dive.

:lol: I was referring to the merchandise.

Adam's hair had gone unreported as well.

As I get older (there, I said it) I find it harder to justify dropping $40+ for a t-shirt that I will likely never wear. I have Vertigo and 360 shirts that I have never worn. I do still wear one of my Elevation shirts - but my favorite one is the U2 Go Home shirt I got with the fanclub CD a few years ago. Nice heavy quality shirt, never seems dated.

Time to admit that I ended up wearing my two 360 shirts to Boston1 and 2 this weekend. They were surprisingly comfortable - especially compared to the old Elevation shirt I had forgotten I had, that featured a back design that was so ink-heavy, it 'pulled' across my back. And not just because I'm 15 years heavier - um, older. I left that one at home, and will probably not wear it to 3 or 4.

I'm much more inclined to buy a venue/show specific shirt rather than a full-tour shirt, so I'm expecting them to have ones for MSG. Just hope they don't look like hell!

If the MSG shirt looks like the Chicago and Boston shirt then I'll pass.

I'll get the i e simple logo and tour date shirt, probably the blue one. The rest are just ick

unless they add inventory between Toronto and MSG all the blue and red shirts are ladies style with the short capped sleeves :down:

There is a green one in the same style for men which I bought though.

unless they add inventory between Toronto and MSG all the blue and red shirts are ladies style with the short capped sleeves :down:

There is a green one in the same style for men which I bought though.

That's terrible.

I'm guessing the same person who designed the t shirts also came up with the Apple release idea.

I dunno... from earlier in the thread:

CFUZkxyUgAACvSn.jpg

CFUZkxxVIAAECgB.jpg

https://twitter.com/SallieAnnG/status/600414250834665472/photo/1

see how the sleeves on the red and blue are shorter than the green in the lower photo?

Unless something has changed since Toronto which is possible I suppose.

I hope the shirt for the NYC shows are nicer. Wish I could still wear my special NYC Vertigo tee but it's an XL and I'm about 70 pounds lighter since those shows; I'd belt it up and wear with leggings like a dress but the sleeves are still very floppy. On the other hand, I should try to find my Poptart t-shirt - think that shirt finally fits! :D

Yeah, there seemed to be different options available at different booths in Phoenix as well. I found a red women's and a blue men's I+E shirt outside the venue, but DRay wasn't able to find a men's blue inside.

I hope the shirt for the NYC shows are nicer. Wish I could still wear my special NYC Vertigo tee but it's an XL and I'm about 70 pounds lighter since those shows; I'd belt it up and wear with leggings like a dress but the sleeves are still very floppy. On the other hand, I should try to find my Poptart t-shirt - think that shirt finally fits! :D

Get it tailored!

Well shit, no mens blue shirts at the three booths I went to. That sucks.

none at any of the 3 Chicago shows I went to either…I was told they sold out on the first night completely. Then by night 3 they had them in XL only. One lady told me it was an "old" shirt so that's why they only had them in XL. I laughed and asked how it could be an old shirt when the tour was only like 6 weeks old. :der: They had tons in Toronto but I did't want to get one there. But U2.com has them and if you still have your membership coupon you can get it for 25% off :flirt:

Glad I was never a big t-shirt or poster collector, that could get expensive! ;) Wish I knew the color of the day in advance so I could plan on getting the best one for me. :D

Will they be less hideous than the tour shirts thus far?

I will make my own shirt. It will be white. It will say in black letters: U2 Tour Shirt.

As happy as I am to read that, I'm worried I won't be able to get them because I'll be worried about a GA spot. Then if I get them I have to hold them during the show.

Ugh. First world problems.

This is always my problem?

Back
Top Bottom