Tips for Presale!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gustavo Klein

The Fly
Hi!

I live in Brazil and I am a longtime fan of U2. I not used my code for presale but I´ll try for Chicago or New York tomorrow.

Is there any tip to be successful in the presale? Example, opening 2 windows ate same time works? Or presale is much more calm than sales on general?

Red Zones will be available tomorrow?

Thank you for your kind attention!
;)

Honestly since you live so far away from venues, I bet you will get in much easier than most. Servers jam up near events for sure.

I try 3 different browsers, pick different choices like 85 dollar seats, GAs, best available and I had great success using my TM phone app.

I hear things are much easier/faster using the mobile app, if you have access to a smartphone. Start your livenation account now and enter your CC information if possible so it's already there, be logged in early, refresh often! Several windows/browers should help, too.

Livernation account? You are saying ticketmaster account, right? I´ve already saved my CC infos there.

The presale code I have to insert in ticketmaster page when choosing my tickets, right?

What are easier to find, the cheapest or the expensives ones?

Red Zones will be available?

Thank you very much!

You can try 3 different browsers, but whatever you do, do NOT order tickets with all three on 1 subscription code. It is possible, people tried that already, but their tickets are already or in the process of being CANCELLED.

Just a heads up. :wink: But you could use it to queue if it makes you happy. It doesn't make a difference though as the queues of ticketmaster are done through IP adresses. :D

Best tip I can give is wake up early to get put in the queue an hour before the fun starts, have your creditcard info saved, log into ticketmaster and everything way in time... have your presale code in a separate window so you can copypaste.

You can select wat ticket you want, you don't need to let the site find them for you. Presales are easy as heck. :) Red Zone should be available, in Dutch ticketmaster it was a separate option when you search u2, there was a button for the general date, and one each for Red zone and the other special options, platinum or vip or whatever.

You can try 3 different browsers, but whatever you do, do NOT order tickets with all three on 1 subscription code. It is possible, people tried that already, but their tickets are already or in the process of being CANCELLED.

Just a heads up. :wink: But you could use it to queue if it makes you happy. It doesn't make a difference though as the queues of ticketmaster are done through IP adresses. :D

Best tip I can give is wake up early to get put in the queue an hour before the fun starts, have your creditcard info saved, log into ticketmaster and everything way in time... have your presale code in a separate window so you can copypaste.

You can select wat ticket you want, you don't need to let the site find them for you. Presales are easy as heck. :) Red Zone should be available, in Dutch ticketmaster it was a separate option when you search u2, there was a button for the general date, and one each for Red zone and the other special options, platinum or vip or whatever.

So you are saying me opening 1 or 3 windows don´t make difference due the IP? Maybe I will open one window in the computer and also try in iPhone app.

When you say log into ticketmaster early (1 hour before) is to stay in the page where is a countdown, right? When the clock reach 00:00:00 the page update automatically, right?

Just to have an idea, in presale, after search a ticket, how long it takes to get a result? Yesterday on a general sale I stayed 1 hour and nothing!

Thank you! I am very excited to get a pair of tickets (good places in arena - lower seat or red zone) tomorrow. :)

For the US presales it really seemed that most of the time the Ticketmaster app had better luck than the browsers. Double check that the app works for US shows as I know some folks had issues with apps outside of the US.

With Ticketmaster specifically, you don't need to be in the queue early. You should however be logged in as when you pull tickets, it will be easier to buy. The best tip for the browser is that the search gets stuck sometimes, so if you find that it is saying 15 minutes or less than 1 minute for a long time, just refresh and search again.

The presale should go better than last week as Ticketmaster seems to have fixed the issues people were having.

Good Luck!

I hear things are much easier/faster using the mobile app, if you have access to a smartphone. Start your livenation account now and enter your CC information if possible so it's already there, be logged in early, refresh often! Several windows/browers should help, too.

Not sure Gustavo will have access to the TM or LiveNation app, these things are often only available in the country that it's applicable to. Best focus on getting them via the web. Although, TM also has a mobile website (not app) at Ticketmaster.com – Mobile Site that may be accessible to you, Gustavo.

One other note for buying outside the US, you will have to pick up at the Box Office (though if you get Red Zone I think that is paperless anyway). They won't post tickets outside the US.

I searched for 2 GA tickets for the LA Innocence presale, had no luck. Then searched for single GA tickets, had time to even buy them one after the other.

To search tickets I have to insert my presale code, ok? I can search in computer and mobile at same time using the same code. What I can't do is after find the tickets follow with order in both ways with the same code, right?

I'll test tonight if app works for me in Brazil. If not I'll try in mobile site tomorrow (and computer, of course)! :)

I noticed Red Zone was not available in all cities last Monday.
Do you know if Chicago was available?

Thank you!

On the dutch ticketmaster site (I guess same system?) I tried opening multiple browsers, but each subsequent browser put me back in the queue.

What did work was using both my laptop and PC. So, try once on multiple computers, but not multiple times on one.

That's a joke. Nearly 50% of U2 subscribers have done it....no cancellation expected like the previous tours !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You can try 3 different browsers, but whatever you do, do NOT order tickets with all three on 1 subscription code. It is possible, people tried that already, but their tickets are already or in the process of being .

That's a joke. Nearly 50% of U2 subscribers have done it....no cancellation expected like the previous tours !!!!

Hi!

I live in Brazil and I am a longtime fan of U2. I not used my code for presale but I´ll try for Chicago or New York tomorrow.

Is there any tip to be successful in the presale? Example, opening 2 windows ate same time works? Or presale is much more calm than sales on general?

Red Zones will be available tomorrow?

Thank you for your kind attention!

;)

Because there are so few experience presale codes available you'll be shopping in a vacant grocery store it will be very easy and fast. No worries. Good luck! MSG will be much harder than Chicago in general sale so I would recommend buying MSG with your code.

Because there are so few experience presale codes available you'll be shopping in a vacant grocery store it will be very easy and fast. No worries. Good luck! MSG will be much harder than Chicago in general sale so I would recommend buying MSG with your code.

I second this, def. go with MSG for your code.

Sorry, I didn't understand. Is it possible to buy more than 2 tickets using the same presale code if open 2 different windows?

It is not fair!

People that used presale code last week will be allowed to use tomorrow again?

Good idea! I'll try MSG tomorrow!

Both (Chicago and MSG) had Red Zones available in presale last week?

Thank you, I'll need luck tomorrow!
;)

Typically a code can only be used once. Sometimes there are glitches. And no, you won't have competition tomorrow from old codes.

Yesterday I tried to purchase a platinum seat. I don't know why but it failed twice - seat already in my cart. I called to my bank and they told me it wasn't problem with my credit card.

Do you know if there is any problem purchasing US tickets from another country (Brazil)? I hope it was just an error. I already purchased Bruno Mars tickets early this year in ticketmaster.

Just checked here my group is iNNOCENCE.

It is just Thursday, right? The code doesn't work tomorrow, right?

Thanks!

If you are looking for Red Zone, keep in mind that those didn't seem to be available using the app, only the website. Not sure why. Also, I was able to buy Red Zone during the presale, but didn't see any Red Zone being sold yesterday in the General Sale for any city, not sure if they were all sold during the presale.

If you are looking for Red Zone, keep in mind that those didn't seem to be available using the app, only the website. Not sure why. Also, I was able to buy Red Zone during the presale, but didn't see any Red Zone being sold yesterday in the General Sale for any city, not sure if they were all sold during the presale.

Your code was iNNOCENCE or eXPERIENCE?

Thanks!

So, I won't be able to buy until Thursday. Based on last week, do you think it's likely there will be any GA left by then?

I had an experience code, but I imagine a lot of the experience codes have been used so for the new shows any code should get you the tickets you want. The Red Zone I bought was for MSG night 4.

Thank you for you attention!

I hope I can get my tickets (Red Zone - MSG or Chicago) in iNNOCENCE group on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom