Tips for Presale! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 11:13 PM
Tips for Presale!

Hi!

I live in Brazil and I am a longtime fan of U2. I not used my code for presale but I´ll try for Chicago or New York tomorrow.

Is there any tip to be successful in the presale? Example, opening 2 windows ate same time works? Or presale is much more calm than sales on general?

Red Zones will be available tomorrow?

Thank you for your kind attention!

Gustavo Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 09:13 PM
Honestly since you live so far away from venues, I bet you will get in much easier than most. Servers jam up near events for sure.

I try 3 different browsers, pick different choices like 85 dollar seats, GAs, best available and I had great success using my TM phone app.

clerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:13 PM
I hear things are much easier/faster using the mobile app, if you have access to a smartphone. Start your livenation account now and enter your CC information if possible so it's already there, be logged in early, refresh often! Several windows/browers should help, too.
jeevey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
The Fly

Livernation account? You are saying ticketmaster account, right? I´ve already saved my CC infos there.

The presale code I have to insert in ticketmaster page when choosing my tickets, right?

What are easier to find, the cheapest or the expensives ones?

Red Zones will be available?

Thank you very much!
Old 12-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 04:13 AM
You can try 3 different browsers, but whatever you do, do NOT order tickets with all three on 1 subscription code. It is possible, people tried that already, but their tickets are already or in the process of being CANCELLED.

Just a heads up. But you could use it to queue if it makes you happy. It doesn't make a difference though as the queues of ticketmaster are done through IP adresses.

Best tip I can give is wake up early to get put in the queue an hour before the fun starts, have your creditcard info saved, log into ticketmaster and everything way in time... have your presale code in a separate window so you can copypaste.

You can select wat ticket you want, you don't need to let the site find them for you. Presales are easy as heck. Red Zone should be available, in Dutch ticketmaster it was a separate option when you search u2, there was a button for the general date, and one each for Red zone and the other special options, platinum or vip or whatever.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:54 PM   #6
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
You can try 3 different browsers, but whatever you do, do NOT order tickets with all three on 1 subscription code. It is possible, people tried that already, but their tickets are already or in the process of being CANCELLED.

Just a heads up. But you could use it to queue if it makes you happy. It doesn't make a difference though as the queues of ticketmaster are done through IP adresses.

Best tip I can give is wake up early to get put in the queue an hour before the fun starts, have your creditcard info saved, log into ticketmaster and everything way in time... have your presale code in a separate window so you can copypaste.

You can select wat ticket you want, you don't need to let the site find them for you. Presales are easy as heck. Red Zone should be available, in Dutch ticketmaster it was a separate option when you search u2, there was a button for the general date, and one each for Red zone and the other special options, platinum or vip or whatever.

So you are saying me opening 1 or 3 windows don´t make difference due the IP? Maybe I will open one window in the computer and also try in iPhone app.

When you say log into ticketmaster early (1 hour before) is to stay in the page where is a countdown, right? When the clock reach 00:00:00 the page update automatically, right?

Just to have an idea, in presale, after search a ticket, how long it takes to get a result? Yesterday on a general sale I stayed 1 hour and nothing!

Thank you! I am very excited to get a pair of tickets (good places in arena - lower seat or red zone) tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:13 PM
For the US presales it really seemed that most of the time the Ticketmaster app had better luck than the browsers. Double check that the app works for US shows as I know some folks had issues with apps outside of the US.

With Ticketmaster specifically, you don't need to be in the queue early. You should however be logged in as when you pull tickets, it will be easier to buy. The best tip for the browser is that the search gets stuck sometimes, so if you find that it is saying 15 minutes or less than 1 minute for a long time, just refresh and search again.

The presale should go better than last week as Ticketmaster seems to have fixed the issues people were having.

Good Luck!
trojanchick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevey View Post
I hear things are much easier/faster using the mobile app, if you have access to a smartphone. Start your livenation account now and enter your CC information if possible so it's already there, be logged in early, refresh often! Several windows/browers should help, too.
Not sure Gustavo will have access to the TM or LiveNation app, these things are often only available in the country that it's applicable to. Best focus on getting them via the web. Although, TM also has a mobile website (not app) at Ticketmaster.com – Mobile Site that may be accessible to you, Gustavo.
Pop Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #9
War Child

Local Time: 02:13 AM
One other note for buying outside the US, you will have to pick up at the Box Office (though if you get Red Zone I think that is paperless anyway). They won't post tickets outside the US.
2005 - Brussels 10/6, Manchester 15/6, London 18/6, 19/6, Glasgow 21/6, Dublin 24/6, 25/6, Cardiff 29/6, Boston 3/10, 4/10, New York 7/10, 8/10, 10/10, 11/10
2009 - Barcelona 30/6, Dublin 24/7, 25/7, 27/7, London 14/8, 15/8, Sheffield 20/8, Cardiff 22/8
2010 - Paris, Brussels x2, Rome
2015 - Amsterdam 3 & 4, Stockholm 1 & 2, Barcelona 1, 2 & 4, London 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6, Paris 3, Dublin 3 & 4
cdparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #10
The Fly

Local Time: 08:13 PM
I searched for 2 GA tickets for the LA Innocence presale, had no luck. Then searched for single GA tickets, had time to even buy them one after the other.
Tacvbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #11
The Fly

To search tickets I have to insert my presale code, ok? I can search in computer and mobile at same time using the same code. What I can't do is after find the tickets follow with order in both ways with the same code, right?

I'll test tonight if app works for me in Brazil. If not I'll try in mobile site tomorrow (and computer, of course)!

I noticed Red Zone was not available in all cities last Monday.
Do you know if Chicago was available?

Thank you!
Old 12-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #12
The Fly

There is a Ticketmaster app and a Live Nation app.
What is the correct to buy tickets?
Old 12-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #13
Acrobat

what time does the presale begin?
wojovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 03:50 PM   #14
War Child

Local Time: 03:13 AM
On the dutch ticketmaster site (I guess same system?) I tried opening multiple browsers, but each subsequent browser put me back in the queue.

What did work was using both my laptop and PC. So, try once on multiple computers, but not multiple times on one.
xtrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #15
Acrobat

should have figured 10AM

wojovox is offline   Reply With Quote