TICKETS: HARD vs CC-Entry Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
Please list your experience with ticket delivery, in other words, actual tickets that you have bought this morning successfully.

ie:

City - Hard or CC-entry Only

Also, do you think that *all GAs for your event, whether purchased during presale or regular sale, will be CC-entry Only, if applicable?

(Mods pretty please leave this as it's own thread, so people can plan their involvement in the next round of sales tomorrow and Monday! thanks)

Toronto: CC-entry Only

Stockholm GA - e-tickets (also an option for hard tickets).
Barcelona GA - e-tickets (also an option for hard tickets).

Could see that Glasgow & London were CC entry only for GA.

Phoenix CC Entry only only, 1 GA ticket for both nights. Total time to purchase both tickets, 15 minutes via TM website. Real smooth.

In case things change and you can't go, you're able to move them. Chicago is a no-brainer to go to, but it's the other code I'm using this morning that I'd like to be able to move.

You can transfer CC only tickets to another person through Ticketmaster.

Uhoh........I may not be seeing them until 2016 after all :uhoh:

I know. Huge bummer. So my dad and I got two tickets for the 30th... now a strategy question. Do his Innocence password to get 2 more tickets for Saturday night, thus verifying that all 3 of us can get in.Or, do I use my password for Sunday night -- and then on Monday I only need to buy 1 ticket for Saturday and 1 ticket for Sunday?

Vancouver RZ was Will Call only - further reading says that you pick up your "souvenir RZ ticket" at Will Call. I assume in reality, it was credit card entry only.

I know. Huge bummer. So my dad and I got two tickets for the 30th... now a strategy question. Do his Innocence password to get 2 more tickets for Saturday night, thus verifying that all 3 of us can get in.Or, do I use my password for Sunday night -- and then on Monday I only need to buy 1 ticket for Saturday and 1 ticket for Sunday?

^^ sounds confusing, but I would do whatever combo allows you to do just ONE transaction on Monday. Because one transaction is all you're gonna get, I think.

As evidenced this morning, with people pulling multiple transactions even 2 hrs after opening bell, you get more leeway in the presales. The general sale will be a bloodbath, and you'll get one shot to get it right. (imo)

Chicago 2: CC entry only, no option for hard tickets.

was that for GA only, do you know?

because I just clicked onward for my Chi 2 purchase of cheap lower level seats, and it seemed to be for e-tickets ("Free!", and, more importantly, no extra clicks to jeopardize time-limit errors!),but no indication of CC-entry, at least not explicitly. It still referred to that hold on processing till after the public onsale, however.

What's the draw of paper tickets - easier trading/selling?

Pretty much. If they announce other shows that have dates more to my liking, for example, then it would be nice to have that as an option. Or if I'm unable to get tickets during the pre-sale or regular one and then decide I want to go to a certain show.

For all we know, trading or buying CC-entry tickets may be possible for some of the venues. But the uncertainty is part of the reason that I only used one of the codes today.

Edit: And for what it's worth, I do enjoy keeping my old tickets as a keepsake from the gig. But that's a very minor consideration compared to the other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom