ticketmaster credit card entry tickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oneu2fan

The Fly
I see a lot of people talking about this. I got two GA tix for TO. It crashed so many times, I don't even know if my tix are ticketmaster credit card entry tickets.

My husband has a presale code for tomorrow with his fan club account. It shows you can't use the same credit card or billing address as another order or your orders could be cancelled.

I was thinking of using my dad's credit card since it has a different billing address.

Do you think they are really going to ask people for their exact credit card the tickets were purchased and and photo id at the arena? Trying to figure a way around this.

Also, I saw talks of paperless tickets. How do I know if that is what I have. What do you show at the gates to get in?

Credit Card Entry = Paperless Tickets.

From FAQ on Ticketmaster
Is Credit Card Entry different from Paperless Tickets?
Nope, it’s the same thing – just a new name.

Also from Ticketmaster FAQ: What if the credit card I used expires before the event?

Just bring the old card, or the replacement card with the same account number. If you destroyed the old card and your new one has a different account number, please contact Fan Support.

I used a prepaid credit card for an Arcade Fire credit card entry ticket, and it worked perfectly fine, not a problem. I'm planning on using the same one at 12.

Yeah - but I have a prepaid credit card that is "plastic" with a mag stripe and that Amex says is accepted by all merchants that take Amex worldwide. Let's see....

TM doesn't allow gift cards or prepaid cards to be used, because that's a workaround the system that scalpers have tried. I have a $50 gift card balance sitting on my TM account, but didn't use it to buy tickets yesterday because it's credit card entry, and it states you can't.

Name on the card has to match the name on the ID. The person who bought the ticket also has to attend the event, they can't just walk two others to the door for entry, and leave. Again, that's another scalper workaround. Vivid Seats was trying this for some of the Foo Fighters small venue HBO shows, saying fans could meet a rep from Vivid Seats who'd swipe them in. Venues said they wouldn't allow anyone being walked to the door and using a prepaid card, so I'm sure a few fans got screwed over.

I used a prepaid credit card for an Arcade Fire credit card entry ticket, and it worked perfectly fine, not a problem. I'm planning on using the same one at 12.

excellent. Thanks. Seemed like the Arcade Fire pre-sale was much smoother than Day 1 U2 pre-sale.

From the FAQ: Can I buy tickets with a gift card or virtual credit card?

Sorry, you gotta use a credit card – the plastic kind – so it can be swiped at the entrance to find your purchase.

Ticketmaster tickets needs a credit card and ID to show to enter the concert. But what about tickets from Eventim?

So, it doesn't work if someone buys me the tickets then lends me the Credit Card to travel..

it HAS to match the ID with the Credit Card

So I used my Dad's CC to buy my single ticket - how the F do i get in then? He won't be with me, I am a woman so probably won't pass for a Timothy, as per his CC

So I used my Dad's CC to buy my single ticket - how the F do i get in then? He won't be with me, I am a woman so probably won't pass for a Timothy, as per his CC

well hopefully last name will work

i used a prepaid amex i bought today at the drugstore and it worked like a charm

Name on credit card has to match ID upon entry, so anyone that recently changed their name on one but not the other should take note. I changed my last name a while ago but didn't do it at the same time for bank and drivers license.

There is plenty of needless fear in here. I've never heard of a paperless show requiring ID, only the cc used to purchase. I'm not saying to leave your ID at home, but I'd wager most places won't bother asking for it.

There will be thousands of fans waiting to get into GA, and the arena staff only cares about getting them in as quickly as possible. Grab the cc given to them, swipe it, and hand the printout 'ticket'.

I had two Pearl Jam tickets that a friend used - we just gave her our credit card and they swiped it. Didn't ask her for ID.

There are different types of prepaid cards. Some are cards issued in your name that you can repeatedly load up. People have used these for years to help rebuild credit. These kinds will definitely be allowed because the cardholder is an identifiable account with their name on the front, a readable strip and probably even a chip embedded. This is for all intents and purposes a real Credit Card, just prepaid.

The other type of prepaid is the one you buy at 7-11 for the amount you want (say, $100) plus the fee. It's more of a gift card than an actual credit card, even though it says Visa on the front. This card does not have your name on the front, and will not be accepted.

Sent from my ass crack

Back
Top Bottom