Ticketmaster App notifications - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Ticketmaster App notifications

I need to turn off the part of the app that requires you to type the two jumbled words to get through. This really slowed me down last time during the general sale . It says to turn on notifications to get rid of this and I did -both in the phone settings and on the app. I'm still seeing the jumbled words though. Help!

volcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 02:57 PM
Yeah it stopped the captcha for me for the first few times but then went right back at it. Frustrating

Sent from my ass crack

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:34 PM   #3
The Fly

Well at least it's not just me!
Old 12-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor

In my line of work, we create websites that screen people, and one of our programmers explained the most sophisticated captchas to me, very recently - they work in a way that they can determine if you're a human or a bot by checking how long it takes you to type in the figures, and how many or the patterns of errors you make when typing them in. If you're typing too fast or not making typical human typos, they will ask you to try again with another phrase. If your timing or errors are within normal human parameters, they will let it go, even if you may have made a typo.

That said, I've had instances on both the TM website and app where they have not asked me to do a captcha at all...so maybe there was some indication that I was human, and they felt they didn't need to?
VintagePunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Babyface

Local Time: 12:57 PM
I'm glad someone brought this up. I turned mine on in both the app and settings too, but I'm still having to type the words. It gives me a free pass for several attempts, then forces me to start typing the words again.
Cyranose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:09 PM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 01:57 PM
What the hell are you guys talking about? Typing in the words has nothing to do with the APP, it's about stopping bots from buying tickets (which it of course doesn't stop at all).

It has nothing to do with turning something on and off. Notifications are about last minutes ticket sales and shit like that.

Sometimes I noticed on the website and app that if you recently typed in the box and then go back because you didn't get tickets or wanted others than the ones given to you, that it may skip the verification stage for some reason. But it's there 99% of the time when I try to buy tickets. And it is for everyone.
clerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:58 PM   #7
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerks View Post
What the hell are you guys talking about? Typing in the words has nothing to do with the APP, it's about stopping bots from buying tickets (which it of course doesn't stop at all).

It has nothing to do with turning something on and off. Notifications are about last minutes ticket sales and shit like that.
Ah, actually it does. It says very clearly in the Ticketmaster app that if you turn on push notifications, you will not have to type in the jumbled words.

Volcano: What I did was turn on the push notifications both in my iPhone settings and in the Ticketmaster app settings. Then, I restarted my phone. I had the same problem you did for the NY shows, but I turned on the push notifications before the LA tickets went on sale and was able to snag the tickets I wanted without having to type in a pesky phrase.
Mr. Millennium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:07 AM   #8
Refugee

I do see that now -- makes no sense. Why can't a bot be set up using mobile device. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 12-12-2014, 04:29 AM   #9
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Millennium View Post
Ah, actually it does. It says very clearly in the Ticketmaster app that if you turn on push notifications, you will not have to type in the jumbled words.

Volcano: What I did was turn on the push notifications both in my iPhone settings and in the Ticketmaster app settings. Then, I restarted my phone. I had the same problem you did for the NY shows, but I turned on the push notifications before the LA tickets went on sale and was able to snag the tickets I wanted without having to type in a pesky phrase.

I did try to turn the phone off/on and it worked briefly and then stopped working. Maybe I'll try again though right before noon on Monday. Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #10
Acrobat

Quote:
I do see that now -- makes no sense. Why can't a bot be set up using mobile device. Weird.
Yeah, I don't understand it either, but it's such a help to not have to type the phrase in.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #11
Refugee

Apologies for earlier -- i was so wrong. Very helpful on the go. My guess they realize it's impossible to see words on giant computer scenes and even harder on iPhone type screens. Or the government hasn't made them do it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 12-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #12
has a

Local Time: 12:57 PM
Thanks for clarifying this, everyone.
It'll help relieve some of the stress Monday is going to bring.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #13
Refugee

The app has me do a captcha maybe 5% of the time. Idgi, but hopefully it'll avoid it during the general onsale like it did this past Monday.

Aaand does anyone else have the problem of the app not making tickets go on sale till 4-5 min after the hour? (during the interim they're on sale on the website but not in the app.)
rosephile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #14
Acrobat

Quote:
Apologies for earlier -- i was so wrong. Very helpful on the go. My guess they realize it's impossible to see words on giant computer scenes and even harder on iPhone type screens. Or the government hasn't made them do it yet.
No worries. And it was so hard to see the words on the phone. It took me 5-6 tries to enter them correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosephile View Post
Aaand does anyone else have the problem of the app not making tickets go on sale till 4-5 min after the hour? (during the interim they're on sale on the website but not in the app.)
I noticed on Monday that there was a delay with the app, but only about 15-20 seconds or so for me. I found that for the app, it's better to be on the main page where it lists all the shows and to start clicking on your specific show right at 10 (as opposed to already being on the specific show's page and trying to refresh it).
Old 12-12-2014, 04:37 PM   #15
Refugee

For some reason I have pretty much every artist ever under FAVORITES when obviously I just want U2 for quick access to shows. Is this the case with others here? Events is a mess too. Only venue is the one that started empty and not filled up with 1000 choices I didn't put in there.