Ticketless Entry Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Partyslammer

War Child
This thread could probably be used as a general catch-all for the various problems that arise with the floor ticketless entry system used by Ticketmaster.

My specific problem is that I bought 2 GA floor tickets back in Dec, one for each show for the 1st and 4th show in LA and I recently had to replace the credit card due to my bank spotting suspicious activity on the account likely connected to the Home Depot data hack a few months ago. This means my CC is no longer valid and has been replaced with a new card with a different number and in theory will not work when I try to go into the arena using the old *or* new card.

Ticketmaster has been zero help so far. The Customer Service person I finally managed to get a hold of told me to send an email to "ccaccountupdate@ticketmaster.com" and "attach a scan of screen capture of my bank statement showing the transaction in my bank account. No mention of how I'm supposed to transfer the tickets to the new, valid credit card and I am apprehensive of including my CC info in a email.

I have had issues with ticketless/cc entry before - at an Arcade Fire show last year also at the Forum, my CC wouldn't scan and I had to go back to the box office and wait in a long line to verify my card was valid and get a hard ticket to finally get in the venue.

Long story short, anyone else dealt with this problem and have a solution?

I thought that as long as you still have the old cc you still present that one to get into the show?

I had to replace my cc that I used to buy my tickets due to fraud but I still have the card and they told me I can still present that card even though it wasn't 'valid' anymore. I called them as soon as I had to replace my card and asked this question and they said yes as long as I still have the old cc, use that to get into the show along with photo ID.

I used my debit card to buy tickets for both Vancouver shows. The card expired earlier this year. I took the expired card to Vancouver and used it to get in both shows. No problems even though it was an expired card. I even asked and the gate what would happen if I used the new card and they said it wouldn't work. The three digit code on the back has to match the card the tickets are bought with. Hope this helps.

The Customer Service person I finally managed to get a hold of told me to send an email to "ccaccountupdate@ticketmaster.com" and "attach a scan of screen capture of my bank statement showing the transaction in my bank account. No mention of how I'm supposed to transfer the tickets to the new, valid credit card and I am apprehensive of including my CC info in a email.

I went through this process after losing my debit card. I attached my e-statement showing the original charge to the email and Ticketmaster called me within three days to explain the refund/recharge process. They refunded the money from the original ticket purchase then charged my new card I'd be using for entry. That way my ticket purchase is connected to my current credit card. You will not lose your seats nor will you have to retry to find tickets.

This has put my mind at rest a bit; because I seem to snap debit cards every couple of years I'm terrified this one will break between now and October :D

I used my debit card to buy tickets for both Vancouver shows. The card expired earlier this year. I took the expired card to Vancouver and used it to get in both shows. No problems even though it was an expired card. I even asked and the gate what would happen if I used the new card and they said it wouldn't work. The three digit code on the back has to match the card the tickets are bought with. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I'll be in the same boat in Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The card I bought tix with didn't expire, but Discover decided this spring was the time to issue new cards with chips. So I will take both the old and new card with me as well as a printed copy of the email receipt from when I bought the tix just to be safe.

I had the same issue as Partyslammer...my debit card was compromised and it had to be replaced. I cut my card, without remembering the U2 ticketless entry thing. I ended up sending a note to the account that partyslammer listed and they called me right back and moved my tickets to my new debit card.
The number I called was: (304) 357-6175, they'll need your new credit card number w/expiration and Ticketmaster order number. I hope this helps.

Sicy, you're correct, you can use your old card to get in!

Word has it, Vancouver customer service issued hard copy GA tickets for people who had declined cards at entry AND for people who asked for them because of possible concerns PRIOR to the entry in line. Just another option.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I had an issue with a hard ticket that arrived a bit ripped near the barcode. So I went to twitter and contacted them there. I've found customer service for other companies to be much more helpful via twitter than normal means. Weird, but true.

They did help me and sent me a "new" ticket which they said over and over would have a new barcode, but same seat and of course it's the exact same barcode. Same everything. TM is weird.

My point, try @twitter.

I got a new debit card from bank of america. I called ticketmaster and they updated my tickets to the new card. It took a day to get email confirmation. It was pretty quick and easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using U2 Interference mobile app

I am happy that its not CC entry for the shows in Sweden, ive paid the tickets with a CC that has expired. RZ is will call still right? Just show your ID and get the ticket.

This is from TM's help section. I too have a new card and was planning on bringing both just in case of a in issue. But I still looked up on their site to see what I needed to do and this is what I found:

What if the credit card I used expires before the event?
Just bring the old card, or the replacement card with the same account number. If you destroyed the old card and your new one has a different account number, please contact Fan Support.

What if I forget to bring the credit card I used to purchase?
Oh no! Go straight to the box office for help. Each venue has its own policy, but they’ll probably ask for your photo ID and purchase confirmation email. You can show them the email on your phone, and the name on the email must match your ID.

So it looks like if you have your confirmation email they can help you out at the venue. You could call them and ask what their policy is.

What about if you are looking to sell the ticket? i am looking to sell the ticket to someone for face value but wasn't sure how to do it.

I purchased 2 GAS for Van 2 through an online site... the seller just sent the original gift card used to buy the tix. It was a U.S. BANK prepaid card. Was a bit apprehensive as I walked up,to the gate entry.. Card was swiped and paper tix printed and we were in.. It was that easy... Happy to answer any other questions

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

The Credit Card I used to buy the tickets has ripped from side to side. It was a pretty old card. I taped it together. If it won't swipe, they can probably enter the 16 digit number to prove it's me. I did ticketless entry for Springsteen last year and had no problems. But it still makes me feel better having an actual ticket in my hand when I head to the concert... especially if it's a 5-6 hour drive to Chicago!

Does anyone have the phone number for the U2 fan site? I just called Ticketmaster to ask how i can transfer my ticket that i am trying to sell (i'm just trying to get face value for it) and they said there is no way i transfer it (since it is not ticket based but credit card based.

The Credit Card I used to buy the tickets has ripped from side to side. It was a pretty old card. I taped it together. If it won't swipe, they can probably enter the 16 digit number to prove it's me. I did ticketless entry for Springsteen last year and had no problems. But it still makes me feel better having an actual ticket in my hand when I head to the concert... especially if it's a 5-6 hour drive to Chicago!

The ticketless scanners don't have keys. I'd contact Ticketmaster ASAP to change cards.

Does anyone have the phone number for the U2 fan site? I just called Ticketmaster to ask how i can transfer my ticket that i am trying to sell (i'm just trying to get face value for it) and they said there is no way i transfer it (since it is not ticket based but credit card based.

There is no way to transfer. The only way to get around it will be to give the,person your card and have the use it to get in.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I just realized I used my father's credit card to buy my single Toronto GA ticket :| sent an e-mail to TM to see how this will work out...:doh: I am a woman and he has a distinctly male first name or else I would just borrow his CC and take it to the venue.

I dont think they even read the card.. they just swipe it and give you a ticket. And they did not ask for ID either.

As a follow-up to my original post, after getting 3 different answers from 3 different TM reps, the general consensus to insure that I will have no (or at least the fewest) problems is I need to take a photocopy or screen grab of my bank account statement from back in December showing the actual TM transactions for my GA tickets along with the no longer valid credit card (fortunately I didn't destroy it when I got the replacement) and of course, my ID. I'll go straight to the box office and get a hard ticket during the afternoon and *then* get in the GA entry line.

So whoever mentioned getting a new credit card with a chip, reminded me that happened to me. In January. After buying my Chicago tickets in December. And what did I do with my old card? Cut it up and tossed it like I've done with every old credit card I've had for the past 20 years. :| So I guess I'll be doing the fast talking with some of y'all at the box office :wave:

ETA: I called Ticketmaster, they said as long as the credit card number is the same, it doesn't matter that it's not the same physical card, I'll still get in. Skeptical me doesn't believe that. I'll be calling Ticketmaster again to confirm.

So whoever mentioned getting a new credit card with a chip, reminded me that happened to me. In January. After buying my Chicago tickets in December. And what did I do with my old card? Cut it up and tossed it like I've done with every old credit card I've had for the past 20 years. :| So I guess I'll be doing the fast talking with some of y'all at the box office :wave:

ETA: I called Ticketmaster, they said as long as the credit card number is the same, it doesn't matter that it's not the same physical card, I'll still get in. Skeptical me doesn't believe that. I'll be calling Ticketmaster again to confirm.

Whenever I've had a card replaced (and it's happened often) the last digit or sometimes two have changed...

I had a similar problem at an Arcade Fire concert about a year ago. It took a bit, but I was able to show the confirmation email and my ID and the ticket booth guy looked it up. Didn't event cross my mind to keep the old card for this.

Yeah, so if I still have the same CC and have a friend I trust to take my card, it shouldn't be an issue? Doesn't seem like ID is required if the purchase card is current and intact?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I had the same issue and got a million different answers from Ticketmaster's general help line. Super frustrating. Once I emailed the CCaccountUpdate@ticketmaster.com address, they told me to send the previous order number, a copy of the cc statement (verifiying old cc number, name, address) along with the new CC number and expiration date to them by email or to leave all that information on voicemail at the (304) phone number listed on the previous page. I did both just to be sure and got an email saying they had cancelled the old ticket and some semi-complex instructions for how to verify that the ticket had been transferred to the new card (along with a new order number). I took the giant stack of paperwork with me to SJ2, but a quick swipe of my new card and I was in, no problems at all. They did not check my ID.

Back
Top Bottom