Ticketless Entry Problems - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2015, 11:00 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 11:31 AM
Ticketless Entry Problems

This thread could probably be used as a general catch-all for the various problems that arise with the floor ticketless entry system used by Ticketmaster.

My specific problem is that I bought 2 GA floor tickets back in Dec, one for each show for the 1st and 4th show in LA and I recently had to replace the credit card due to my bank spotting suspicious activity on the account likely connected to the Home Depot data hack a few months ago. This means my CC is no longer valid and has been replaced with a new card with a different number and in theory will not work when I try to go into the arena using the old *or* new card.

Ticketmaster has been zero help so far. The Customer Service person I finally managed to get a hold of told me to send an email to "ccaccountupdate@ticketmaster.com" and "attach a scan of screen capture of my bank statement showing the transaction in my bank account. No mention of how I'm supposed to transfer the tickets to the new, valid credit card and I am apprehensive of including my CC info in a email.

I have had issues with ticketless/cc entry before - at an Arcade Fire show last year also at the Forum, my CC wouldn't scan and I had to go back to the box office and wait in a long line to verify my card was valid and get a hard ticket to finally get in the venue.

Long story short, anyone else dealt with this problem and have a solution?

Partyslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:50 PM   #2
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I thought that as long as you still have the old cc you still present that one to get into the show?

I had to replace my cc that I used to buy my tickets due to fraud but I still have the card and they told me I can still present that card even though it wasn't 'valid' anymore. I called them as soon as I had to replace my card and asked this question and they said yes as long as I still have the old cc, use that to get into the show along with photo ID.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:52 AM   #3
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:31 PM
I used my debit card to buy tickets for both Vancouver shows. The card expired earlier this year. I took the expired card to Vancouver and used it to get in both shows. No problems even though it was an expired card. I even asked and the gate what would happen if I used the new card and they said it wouldn't work. The three digit code on the back has to match the card the tickets are bought with. Hope this helps.
charleswise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:49 AM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyslammer View Post
The Customer Service person I finally managed to get a hold of told me to send an email to "ccaccountupdate@ticketmaster.com" and "attach a scan of screen capture of my bank statement showing the transaction in my bank account. No mention of how I'm supposed to transfer the tickets to the new, valid credit card and I am apprehensive of including my CC info in a email.
I went through this process after losing my debit card. I attached my e-statement showing the original charge to the email and Ticketmaster called me within three days to explain the refund/recharge process. They refunded the money from the original ticket purchase then charged my new card I'd be using for entry. That way my ticket purchase is connected to my current credit card. You will not lose your seats nor will you have to retry to find tickets.
2morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:52 AM   #5
War Child

Local Time: 06:31 PM
This has put my mind at rest a bit; because I seem to snap debit cards every couple of years I'm terrified this one will break between now and October
SpiralStaircase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:56 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleswise View Post
I used my debit card to buy tickets for both Vancouver shows. The card expired earlier this year. I took the expired card to Vancouver and used it to get in both shows. No problems even though it was an expired card. I even asked and the gate what would happen if I used the new card and they said it wouldn't work. The three digit code on the back has to match the card the tickets are bought with. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I'll be in the same boat in Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:58 AM   #7
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Thanks! I'll be in the same boat in Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll be right there with you in Chicago with my old cc.
charleswise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:09 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

The card I bought tix with didn't expire, but Discover decided this spring was the time to issue new cards with chips. So I will take both the old and new card with me as well as a printed copy of the email receipt from when I bought the tix just to be safe.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:28 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

I had the same issue as Partyslammer...my debit card was compromised and it had to be replaced. I cut my card, without remembering the U2 ticketless entry thing. I ended up sending a note to the account that partyslammer listed and they called me right back and moved my tickets to my new debit card.
The number I called was: (304) 357-6175, they'll need your new credit card number w/expiration and Ticketmaster order number. I hope this helps.

Sicy, you're correct, you can use your old card to get in!
Reggie Thee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:35 AM   #10
Blue Crack Distributor

just curious... how many of you who had new debit cards sent to you have Bank of America? 'cause those fuckers have sent me 4 new debit cards in the past year alone.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:02 AM   #11
The Fly

Word has it, Vancouver customer service issued hard copy GA tickets for people who had declined cards at entry AND for people who asked for them because of possible concerns PRIOR to the entry in line. Just another option.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
TDarby719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:17 AM   #12
Refugee

I had an issue with a hard ticket that arrived a bit ripped near the barcode. So I went to twitter and contacted them there. I've found customer service for other companies to be much more helpful via twitter than normal means. Weird, but true.

They did help me and sent me a "new" ticket which they said over and over would have a new barcode, but same seat and of course it's the exact same barcode. Same everything. TM is weird.

My point, try @twitter.
clerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:10 PM   #13
Refugee

I got a new debit card from bank of america. I called ticketmaster and they updated my tickets to the new card. It took a day to get email confirmation. It was pretty quick and easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using U2 Interference mobile app
jphelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:13 PM   #14
War Child

Local Time: 07:31 PM
I am happy that its not CC entry for the shows in Sweden, ive paid the tickets with a CC that has expired. RZ is will call still right? Just show your ID and get the ticket.
Martinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:47 PM   #15
arw
Blue Crack Addict

This is from TM's help section. I too have a new card and was planning on bringing both just in case of a in issue. But I still looked up on their site to see what I needed to do and this is what I found:

What if the credit card I used expires before the event?
Just bring the old card, or the replacement card with the same account number. If you destroyed the old card and your new one has a different account number, please contact Fan Support.

What if I forget to bring the credit card I used to purchase?
Oh no! Go straight to the box office for help. Each venue has its own policy, but they’ll probably ask for your photo ID and purchase confirmation email. You can show them the email on your phone, and the name on the email must match your ID.

So it looks like if you have your confirmation email they can help you out at the venue. You could call them and ask what their policy is.