Ticketless Entry Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're ID'ing in Toronto. Colleen, one of the scanners, said we need to produce a letter with authorization from the credit card holder (a printed email would suffice ).

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

I might try and get the copy of his id, and a note as backup. Just in case?

I followed up with an e-mail to the venue (so I would have something in writing) and they confirmed what I was told on the phone.
I think it'll only matter if they actually check IDs ....but that seems to have been hit or miss. Maybe they figure no one will care if the first names don't match, as long as the last names do?

I'm just a little worried about having issues, so I'm coming prepared. Like a girl scout. lol

Things go okay for you yesterday?

Hi--I bought GA for my husband and son with my card, and I'll be in the venue sitting with my other son. They shouldn't have issues getting in, should they? Also, my card expired and was replaced months ago. I stupidly threw away the old card, but I think the numbers are the same (at least I can see they last four are the same). Again, that should pose not problem, right? I feel like I always have some sort of pre-show ticket stress :p
Thanks!

Hi--I bought GA for my husband and son with my card, and I'll be in the venue sitting with my other son. They shouldn't have issues getting in, should they? Also, my card expired and was replaced months ago. I stupidly threw away the old card, but I think the numbers are the same (at least I can see they last four are the same). Again, that should pose not problem, right? I feel like I always have some sort of pre-show ticket stress :p
Thanks!

I wouldn't just show up with the new card--at least call Ticketmaster, or use special emails mentioned on previous pages of this thread to see if they need to transfer or if it'll be OK being an updated version of the card.

Thanks!

I wouldn't just show up with the new card--at least call Ticketmaster, or use special emails mentioned on previous pages of this thread to see if they need to transfer or if it'll be OK being an updated version of the card.

Both my daughter and I had the same situation - cards replaced but with the same number - she bought night 1 GA for Toronto, I bought night 2. After dicking around at the ticket window at the venue on the day of, and being told to call Ticketmaster, then waiting for 20 minutes on the phone while the customer service rep got the correct information, she was told that as long as the new card had the same number, it would be fine. She used the new card the first night and got in fine. I did remember to bring my old card, but used the new one on night 2 to see if it would work. We got in fine that night, too.

The only issue would be if they looked at the name on the card and saw that it was a female name and asked to see matching ID. From what I've read though, it's extremely rare that they even look at the cards, they just swipe them and hand them back.

Thanks Vintage Punk and Led Head for the info. I'll print out the Ticket Master non-ticket confirmation or whatever it is too. He's on the account even though I bought the ticket with my card & cards have different numbers of course. I guess as long as we don't have a hard-ass security person, we'll be ok. I'll pay attention to how it goes for Boston folks this weekend.

Thanks Vintage Punk and Led Head for the info. I'll print out the Ticket Master non-ticket confirmation or whatever it is too. He's on the account even though I bought the ticket with my card & cards have different numbers of course. I guess as long as we don't have a hard-ass security person, we'll be ok. I'll pay attention to how it goes for Boston folks this weekend.

A friend of mine in a similar situation (used her dad's card and he did not attend with her) was told to bring the confirmation email, and I think a photocopy of a piece of his ID with a note that said he gave permission for her to use his card to purchase the tickets, but she ended up not having to show it, just swiped his card, and she was in. It might be best to have those things just in case, but they probably won't be needed.

Credit card entry

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum - I have a question regarding the GA entry. I bought my tickets with my credit card, which expired a couple months after I did so, and I got a new one - will I be able to enter the venue normally, even though the number on my credit card isn't the same? I emailed the venue, but no answer so far... If anyone's had the same problem, please help.

Thank you.

The same thing happened to me. There shouldn't be a problem:

Joe’s Guide to the U2 General Admission | U2 Online On The Horizon
Q: I’m going to the concert with a credit card that has since expired. How does this work with entry and the queue?
A: At other concerts I’ve been to with credit card entry (where I had bought tickets with my credit card and had since expired), I was told by the box office to bring my old credit card to swipe me and my guests in. It worked just fine. If you have discarded your old credit card, but the numbers are still the same, I’ve been told that new new will still get you in. Since venues set different entry policies, it is always best to call and ask the venue.

The same thing happened to me. There shouldn't be a problem:

Joe’s Guide to the U2 General Admission | U2 Online On The Horizon
Q: I’m going to the concert with a credit card that has since expired. How does this work with entry and the queue?
A: At other concerts I’ve been to with credit card entry (where I had bought tickets with my credit card and had since expired), I was told by the box office to bring my old credit card to swipe me and my guests in. It worked just fine. If you have discarded your old credit card, but the numbers are still the same, I’ve been told that new new will still get you in. Since venues set different entry policies, it is always best to call and ask the venue.

Thank you! You had your old credit card with you at the entry? Because I don't have it anymore - and the numbers on the new one aren't the same. But the name obviously is, hopefully that'll be enough.

I'm just afraid I'll get there, not speaking Italian and therefore not being able to explain everything is in fact fine, and they won't let me in.

Thank you! You had your old credit card with you at the entry? Because I don't have it anymore - and the numbers on the new one aren't the same. But the name obviously is, hopefully that'll be enough.

I'm just afraid I'll get there, not speaking Italian and therefore not being able to explain everything is in fact fine, and they won't let me in.

The Italian ticket vendor (ticketone) states you just need your ID to pick up the GA tickets for Turin. And the Italians are known not to be so strict when it comes to these things.

I bought London GAs with my old credit card, so I can't tell you about my experience with it yet.

Has anyone managed to trade/sell Red Zone tix in Europe so far?

I have London RZ and looks like I won't be able to make it. It says I can only pick up tix 2 hours before doors opening so impossible to sell?

I'd much rather sell to a genuine fan on here for face than let it go to waste and not be used.

When i picked up my Red Zone ticket in Stockholm it was inside the arena at some VIP table where you showed ID, and it was scanned directly after that. But this was after doors opened.

I have not received my GA tickets for London 1 and 6. Is it totally paperless or will I get tickets in next 2 weeks ?

Thanks

Its ticketless entry.

I pmd AXS since my CC expired. Got a message back i should bring the new creditcard and i could get my tickets at the venue...:lol: So thats vague since GA should be ticketless.

I pmd AXS since my CC expired. Got a message back i should bring the new creditcard and i could get my tickets at the venue...:lol: So thats vague since GA should be ticketless.
I think that if you don't have the old card, you'd need to go to the venue's box office with the new card & whatever other documentation they require (bring along a printout of your ticket confirmation). They'd print out physical tickets for you. Hopefully the box office will open early enough to get this sorted without stressing near the front of the GA line with no way to get in yet.

You haven't said if you've still got your old card. I'm lucky enough to have kept it. Sounds like people have been getting ok with expired cards. That seems to be the case in the US at least. I'm waiting to hear back from AXS to see if it will be the same for the O2.

In any case I know I'll be stressed the first time that old card goes through a scanner :heart:

Last edited:
Yeah, same for me. I'll be nervous anyway. The box offiice as solution should be the trick though. I HOPE I get a real ticket (For the collection of stubs)

Either way. I'll figure something out.

Ok, I just read the whole thread. So in the US apparently IDs were rarely checked. Did anyone attend a show (not U2 obviously) in Dublin (or UK if not Dublin) with a creditcard system?
I have 2 tickets for Dublin 1. I found a guy with 2 tickets for Dublin 2 so we wanted to exchange. The issue is that his two tickets were intended for him and a friend. The friend bought the tickets with her creditcard. Now she is nice enough to give him her credit card to enter the venue. But both the confirmation email and the FAQ on ticketmaster.co.uk clearly state that a valid photo ID is required. Now I'm freaking out because we will not get the original ID. We can only get a photocopy and a letter from the buyer. In the US this would not have been an issue apparently. But I'm wondering if in Dublin they're enforcing the official TM policy... If they do we're not getting in on the 2nd night and I would need to find someone else to trade tickets with. The guy I'm trading with has nothing to lose but I do...

Sooo, my Dad and I purchased tickets back in April or whenever it was, with every intention of both going. However, he works abroad a lot, and has had to take a contract which will mean that he is unable to attend a gig at the O2 in London with me. The tickets are in his name, but he won't be in the UK on the day of the show, so he won't be able to pick them up for me. Does that basically mean that our tickets are null and void, now? I'm all for an end to ticket touting, but if we have lost our tickets altogether, and I am unable to attend in his absence, that is honestly ridiculous and beyond disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sooo, my Dad and I purchased tickets back in April or whenever it was, with every intention of both going. However, he works abroad a lot, and has had to take a contract which will mean that he is unable to attend a gig at the O2 in London with me. The tickets are in his name, but he won't be in the UK on the day of the show, so he won't be able to pick them up for me. Does that basically mean that our tickets are null and void, now? I'm all for an end to ticket touting, but if we have lost our tickets altogether, and I am unable to attend in his absence, that is honestly ridiculous and beyond disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Contacts AXS immediately, they can put a note with your order, and get you tickets which you can pick up at the venue.
You'll need to bring some stuff like ID and CC details.
Make it quick, AXS usually takes a couple of days to respond, and its almost party time!

I have a question, i bought my GA ticket for one of the london shows, but I cant go, is there a way i can resell it? I live far far away from GB so theres no way for me to go pick it up and then resell. Please help, I'd hate for the ticket to go unused:-(

Not sure about that one. I think AXS was pretty adamant they could not give you a refund or transfer the tickets. However. I would try and contact them, if you find someone who wants to take over your ticket. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom