Ticketless Entry Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So whoever mentioned getting a new credit card with a chip, reminded me that happened to me. In January. After buying my Chicago tickets in December. And what did I do with my old card? Cut it up and tossed it like I've done with every old credit card I've had for the past 20 years. :| So I guess I'll be doing the fast talking with some of y'all at the box office :wave:

ETA: I called Ticketmaster, they said as long as the credit card number is the same, it doesn't matter that it's not the same physical card, I'll still get in. Skeptical me doesn't believe that. I'll be calling Ticketmaster again to confirm.

The same thing happened to me, the bank replaced my card with a new one with a chip (with the same numbers) and I had GA for San Jose 2. I handed my new card and had no issues at all. So I don't think you have to worry about it.

The ticketless scanners don't have keys. I'd contact Ticketmaster ASAP to change cards.
There is no way to transfer. The only way to get around it will be to give the,person your card and have the use it to get in.
Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

This is the same predicament I am in for Montreal. One of my parents bought the ticket and I paid them the cash. I emailed evenko and TM and they said only the purchaser could be allowed admittance.

This is bullshit. I am going anyway.

There was no checking IDs in Phoenix. Only issues I saw were people who weren't with their entire party, or people who were using reissued credit cards. Both situations were easily resolved. In the latter case, they just went to the box office and printed a hard ticket. In Phoenix, they scanned well before doors opened so problems could be resolved.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Actually, they were checking ID in Phoenix while handing out the numbered wristbands at 9am. I told them the credit card owner hadn't arrived into town yet (which wasn't true - he wasn't coming at all and he had given me his credit card). I also wound up at 6 pm with the only security guy who was checking ID before providing the second set of wristbands. I concocted some story on the spot about having obtained prior approval from venue security to leave my passport,only form of ID in my possession, in the hotel room safe. He didn't even notice that the credit card owner's name was a male one :D

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

I don't want to give anyone anxiety. But we had a nightmare in Phoenix. Was in line at 5am.. fast forward to 5:15pm when we began to scan credit cards for bracelets... they scanned a card that should have 2 and it said 1 on their computer. Talk about freaking out. I had to find a scalper, buy an extra ticket and get back in line (to not ruin our rail spot chance). It was a disaster that luckily worked out. i received an apology from the venue and a refund supposedly. I haven't called them yet. But my God.

Actually, they were checking ID in Phoenix while handing out the numbered wristbands at 9am. I told them the credit card owner hadn't arrived into town yet (which wasn't true - he wasn't coming at all and he had given me his credit card). I also wound up at 6 pm with the only security guy who was checking ID before providing the second set of wristbands. I concocted some story on the spot about having obtained prior approval from venue security to leave my passport,only form of ID in my possession, in the hotel room safe. He didn't even notice that the credit card owner's name was a male one :D

Phoenix was the craziest process ever. Night 1 at least. Total chaos holding us right at the door for the floor. And seeing those behind you get the rail spots...

:ohmy: Now I'm nervous. I bought two GA tickets for the same night BUT I bought them separately. Couldn't buy them as a pair. Hope I don't get grief for this:hmm:

Phoenix was the craziest process ever. Night 1 at least. Total chaos holding us right at the door for the floor. And seeing those behind you get the rail spots...

Yeah, that was unfortunate. Much smoother the second night (save for the Red Zone goof where they got to go all willy nilly on the floor and got rail spots).

Ya, Phoenix was pretty chaotic. I heard horror stories about both nights but especially night one. Thankfully, I didn't line up for either show (except long enough to get my wristbands) but I feel badly for those who did.

I'm still mad about that Carl's Jr bathroom line situation. :angry:

:lol:

You think that's bad - I'm still stuck in your country.. Bad storm in Charlotte so I may have to stay here overnight. Ugh.

I asked Mike to come pick me up since it's a straight drive south but I think he's busy watching sports or something :mad:

:lol:

You think that's bad - I'm still stuck in your country.. Bad storm in Charlotte so I may have to stay here overnight. Ugh.

I asked Mike to come pick me up since it's a straight drive south but I think he's busy watching sports or something :mad:

Mike sounds like a really interesting guy with myriad things to do to occupy his time. Enjoy your time in the South, try the grits.

Had GA tickets for 2nd Phoenix show. Ended up being fine, but the only problem I had was with uninformed (untrained) employees. We did not get there early to get numbered wristbands - figured I'd take a chance and just walk in when the doors open. Went in at 6:00 along with mostly those with tickets for seats. Not knowing where to go, I asked someone and was told to wait in the line with the others and my credit card would be swiped at the door. When I got to the entry point, I said "GA" and held out my credit card. She said that she couldn't scan my card and told me I'd have to go back to a different line to get a hard ticket. Of course I was pretty mad, so went back to the same guy that told me to wait in the line. He couldn't believe I was turned away and walked with me back to the front of the line. Went to the same lady that told me no. He then told her to swipe my card - ticket printed. Took it to the floor entrance to get my wristband. All worked out - then proceded to the B stage where we got to within one row of the rail!!

Happy ending for my situation. I came armed with a printout of my bank statement showing my original ticket purchase, a printout of the TM purchase order, the original credit card (which was canceled and replaced months ago) and ID. On a whim because there was no line to get in at the floor entrence at 6:30pm, , I simply tried seeing if my original CC would still work and it scanned and I got my entry. No hassle.

:ohmy: Now I'm nervous. I bought two GA tickets for the same night BUT I bought them separately. Couldn't buy them as a pair. Hope I don't get grief for this:hmm:

Not sure if you've had your show yet, but you should be fine. I bought 4 GA's for last night's LA show, all on same credit card, but 3 separate purchases. (2 in presale, 1 in general sale under my name, and 1 more my daughter bought on her TM account in general sale with my card.) They swiped the card and stared at the screen for a bit. I said there are 4 tickets, and he says, "there are only 3 here." I had a brief moment of sheer panic when he says "oh there's the other one." :crack: Thanks guy!! :happy:
So just make sure they look extra hard if you have a problem. :wink:

Today at The Forum we were scanned ahead of time and entered in groups of 20.
But the scanning was so ahead of time (like 30 minutes or more) that people with problems went to solve them and comeback with time to spare.

Thanks guys for answering my question. I went to the show yesterday by myself so that was easy but want to make sure my friends gets the same experience for GA as I did without worrying about the ticket.:D

After I contacted them 1 week ago, still waiting for an answer from TM. Just in the same situation as many of you, got international tickets for 26th July, I've got my cc cloned and replaced by a new one, same bank account different card nr of course, which I've had to destroy (bank policy). I think I'll be at will call box with the CC statement from 12/2014 and my ID and the new CC and hopefully I'll be able to get my tickets! So tired of this all..:crack:
Keep you posted if anything happens, best of luck to you all guys!

Was told by a friend that it doesn't matter if your credit card was replaced. The new one is till connected to the same bank account. He said there will be no problems if the new card is swiped. Happened to him. Not U2, forget what band.

Thanks to both of you for the reassuring! I'll be at venue earlier in case they come out with something new about this CC tickets pick up.
Still waiting for TM answer... shameful

Back
Top Bottom