TICKET DROPS Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many friends you got Pop? That's awesome.

I know many people in U2 fan circles, and most of them have gone into at least one show needing day-of tix, especially since a lot of them are GA-or-bust types. Think I am the only person around who scored all my NYC tix during the initial onsale (although I did do a couple of deals to change my location for a couple of shows). :D

Yeah those were 280. Where did you get them?

Thats were I sat last night and thought the same thing. On the ticket it says face is $100 plus $18 fee. I heard from someone that some of the higher price tickets were dropped for $100 sometime this week.

Ahh, I missed that. Well I guess for $14 dollars over new FV I don't have to worry about sitting in the drop line...

I know many people in U2 fan circles, and most of them have gone into at least one show needing day-of tix, especially since a lot of them are GA-or-bust types. Think I am the only person around who scored all my NYC tix during the initial onsale (although I did do a couple of deals to change my location for a couple of shows). :D

I got tickets to all 8 shows as well from initial sale. Sold 3. Bought back 1 (GA line drop day). Still wheeling and dealing. Who knows, don't plan to be there tonight. But still time sir. Still time. I bought them because I could and wanted options and back then what if they played back to back albums day 1 and day 2. Could have happened. Didn't. Could have.

Also Pop I like you best because your handle is in English. I don't understand half the names on this board or any board. I assume everyone does inside references that don't translate. Like vanity license plates.

Why don't we have an on the scene line drop reporter via periscope? Budget cutbacks?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

How many are in the line? I joined at 5pm last Wednesday and there were only about 12.

When I did it yesterday I really wasn't expecting 60 people to be in line but there was. Sounds and looks like there are more people tonight.

Sounds like more and more as shows go on and word gets out... I mean I wouldn't even have thought of it unless others here mentioned it... so hopefully it's filled with good hardcore fans.

For many reasons, but watching resale tickets go from 157 to 142 listings in 10 minutes is interesting.

Yeah, I'm wishing I did my part to STFU but then again, I reckon the word would have leaked either way.

Anyone on line right now?

Are there obvious scalpers on the line?

I read that MSG caught on to the scalpers in the line and were picking fans ahead of them in the line when it came time to come get them for ticket purchases.

Waiting to release tickets until 810-815 is probably the best thing against scalpels.

True but that's highly stressful for the real fans hoping for tickets to get them at the last minute...

...but has it kept the scalpers out of the cancellation / drop line?

Can anyone confirm that there have still been / have not been scalpers in the cancellation / drop line?

You're obsessed with scalpers. Let it go. Let it go.

Yup. Stressful. Why I bought a 200 seat on TM resale for close to FV. Was going to go in, but didn't want to deal with stress.

I was playing with house money as I went to 2 shows and knew I had tickets to others. So I had fun Thursday night 4 and a lot more fun when it worked out. Would I try again and ruin that experience? Probably not.

Not getting tickets doesn't mean the world ends. We will be okay. And the whole concert is on Periscope and YouTube the next day.

You're obsessed with scalpers. Let it go. Let it go.

Listen, I blabbed enough here on Sunday and Monday about my luck on that line Saturday and Sunday, tipping real fans off...it would be comforting for me to know that AT LEAST I'm no longer competing with scalpers.

I think it was the show you went to that MSG staff caught on to scalpers in that line, and I heard they cracked down on it the following night by picking real fans before scalpers, even though scalpers were ahead in the line...I'd like to know if that put an end to them...if they gave up?

This ticket drop line is a known quantity and has been for years. Nobody "gave anything away" by talking about it here. It exists for every sold out show at the Garden.

Scalpers who are looking for legit tickets to sell on the street are more professional than you may think based on their looks. They know what they're doing. They didn't just stumble upon the line because somebody talked on interference.

The shoes have gotten tremendous reviews in all the NYC press. People who may have only had tix for one show are jonesing for more. That's why the lines are growing.

Headache don't use logic and experience. We are fans.

Back
Top Bottom