TICKET DROPS Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thought those of you who had issues at MSG this past summer might be interested in this...

A handful of Madison Square Garden sales executives were fired after they were caught reselling tickets to New York Rangers and New York Knicks games on StubHub, according to theNew York Post'sJosh Kosman.

The number of jettisoned employees reportedly sits around a half-dozen, and the round of terminations includeda senior executive in ticket sales and corporate hospitality.

Citing a source, Kosman reported MSG employees purchased the cheapest tickets—which are generally held for group outings—and used the secondary market to sell them at higher prices.

"It was uncovered through an internal investigation that a small handful of employees were breaking company policies and, as a result, they were relieved of their responsibilities," an MSG spokesman said in a statement, according to Kosman.

The executives reportedly circumvented protocol that requires employees to get permission from supervisors when purchasing tickets since they already had them at their disposal.

And even more interesting tidbits...

According to Mr. Schneiderman’s report, those bots are a big part of the problem: they purchase tens of thousands of tickets per year in the state, at least. The automated ticket-buying software lets a broker conduct hundreds of transactions at the same time, and much more quickly than the typical humanoid concert-goer.

On the day tickets for a 2015 U2 concert at Madison Square Garden went on sale, a single bot managed to buy 1,012 tickets in one minute, according to the report.

http://observer.com/2016/01/heres-why-you-couldnt-get-tickets-to-bruce-springsteen-at-msg-tonight/

I'm not sure there's much you can do about the buying schemes and bots. Every time they develop new ways to thwart automated bots, they get one- upped by someone who knows a way around it. There's a ton of money in it.

The shit that infuriates me is what happened at MSG on the day-of ticket line. The fucking security was teaming up with the scalpers. Barely trying to hide it. I waited on that line for 7 hours in the heat and missed Two Hearts Beat as One and The Troubles- the two songs I wanted to see live- because I didn't want to line the pockets of those scumbags with $280 for a nosebleed.

I'm not sure there's much you can do about the buying schemes and bots. Every time they develop new ways to thwart automated bots, they get one- upped by someone who knows a way around it. There's a ton of money in it.

The shit that infuriates me is what happened at MSG on the day-of ticket line. The fucking security was teaming up with the scalpers. Barely trying to hide it. I waited on that line for 7 hours in the heat and missed Two Hearts Beat as One and The Troubles- the two songs I wanted to see live- because I didn't want to line the pockets of those scumbags with $280 for a nosebleed.

Indeed. Which is in the article I posted two up. There were some shady dealings going on between msg box office people and scalpers. Clearly security was involved as well, as we saw.

They were correct in that u2 fans are the worst, though

On the one hand, yes. Yes, we are.

On the other hand, they were only whining that U2 fans are the worst because U2 fans were trying to stand up to them and call them on their bullshit. So ha ha, fuck you.

They are all doing it no doubt as said above there is ££££$$$$££££$$$ on the table just these have been caught out

Back
Top Bottom