TICKET DROPS thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus back then the online sale of tickets used to stop at around 3PM the day of shows and you could then only get them at the box office, now online sales continue right until show time.

Excellent point. I recall more than once missing the 3:00 deadline at MSG. And thus the venue line up.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Haha I wish I actually had friends who like U2, road trips to concerts would be amazing. Think of the arguments over mix tapes!

Mind you I'm talking 2005 when people didn't have a TM app so it was more advantageous to be in the line at the venue. Nevertheless, the same tickets were available on TM as were sold at MSG day of. I have to respectfully disagree with the CC cancellation theory. They charge a CC for the full amount upon making the sale and any errors that may cause a sale to be reversed would be detected within days of the sale, not the day of the show. If that was the case, there would be a lot of voided tickets being sold in front of MSG by scammers who obtained tickets via a CC that went through initially but was reversed after dispatch of tickets. But I do agree with you on ticket releases based on stage layout, restricted view, and GA capacity closer to show date when the final stage setup is confirmed.

So the canceled CC orders are from when the tickets first went on sale, and are held until drop time because we're talking about a very small amount.

The drops day of show at venue being available online as well as at the venue?

Well, of course. Ticketmaster uses one program for all tickets. It doesn't matter if you're at the box office, on the phone or on the internet, or you're in the last town in America that still has a Ticketmaster outlet... You're picking from the same pool. This is the same today as it was in 2004.

As it gets closer to showtime and online sales are shut down and more unused tickets are brought back to the box office, more seats are released at the venue. Not everyone gives their tickets back at the same time.

I've known people who've walked up to the box office at MSG as the band is taking the stage and long after the queues have broken up and gotten tickets... good tickets to boot.

Stubhub at the last minute is a good route for less in-demand shows. They sell until an hour after showtime (at least for sports), and one can get tickets for well under face value.

There are $350 Red Zone tickets available for LA night 1 on TM now as of 11:20am.

Because the floor at the renovated Forum is much wider than a hockey rink, I wonder where exactly the Red Zone seats are going to be.

Generally speaking what times are the GAs being dropped for each show? Day before? Night or morning? Thanks!

Because the floor at the renovated Forum is much wider than a hockey rink, I wonder where exactly the Red Zone seats are going to be.

Having been to a show (Arcade Fire last year) since The Forum was renovated, I can say firsthand the floor area space is the same as it's always been since I've been seeing shows there since the late 70's. The big difference is the "hallway" that surrounds the floor under the loge seats is now kind of "open" to the floor with glass dividers (as seen on the right of the illustration) on either side, way more bars and club style tables behind the glass partitions. It's like they tried to give the hall or corridor areas a "club" feel but as you go towards the back in the hallway, it gets kind of crowded and claustrophobic. The graphic makes the floor look a lot more wide than it really is. It sure beats the LA Staples Arena or the Anaheim Pond which have much bigger floor areas and far worse sound.

Having been to a show (Arcade Fire last year) since The Forum was renovated, I can say firsthand the floor area space is the same as it's always been since I've been seeing shows there since the late 70's.

Looking at a photo of the Forum in hockey configuration suggests that the renovation appears to have removed the first 6-7 rows behind the boards:

459842848-general-view-of-the-fabulous-forum-before-gettyimages.jpg

Presumably those rows were removed to create more floor seating and also to give the patrons in the Forum Club (is that what it is called?) a view of the proceedings.

I really need tickets for any of the first 3 LA shows, especially the 3rd one
How early have the drops been? 1 week? 3 days? I mean, besides the day-of-the-show ones

Given how there are 5 shows in LA, they will probably drop the remaining GA's on Monday or Tuesday morning. They seem to be loading in at the venue the day before the show.

Looking at a photo of the Forum in hockey configuration suggests that the renovation appears to have removed the first 6-7 rows behind the boards:

459842848-general-view-of-the-fabulous-forum-before-gettyimages.jpg

Presumably those rows were removed to create more floor seating and also to give the patrons in the Forum Club (is that what it is called?) a view of the proceedings.

Those roughly 8 or so rows coming off the floor on the sides were basically risers like what you'd see at a High School gym that could be "folded" back to make room on the floor for events like GA no seating.

Those roughly 8 or so rows coming off the floor on the sides were basically risers like what you'd see at a High School gym that could be "folded" back to make room on the floor for events like GA no seating.

I'm not disputing that (the L.A. Sports Arena and former San Diego Sports Arena have the same feature, BTW). What I am suggesting, though, is that floor space at the Forum will be wider than in almost every other arena on this tour where the size of the floor will be limited by a hockey rink.

Live Nation's Red Zone diagram was based on an arena with a hockey rink:

CEnC3FkUkAAvWTW.jpg

The Forum's floor space will be wider than a hockey rink by 30-40 feet. I'm not sure if that means the Forum Red Zones will be placed further from the stage, or if they will be just as close to the main stage, but larger.

I have been keeping an eye on both Toronto nights multiple times a day for about a month now and there hasn't been a single drop :(

I have been keeping an eye on both Toronto nights multiple times a day for about a month now and there hasn't been a single drop :(

I think they are doing this within a day or two of each show. I'm looking for tickets for both of the Toronto shows as well but I'll happily take seats as I have GA for other shows. Seems like the ticket drops are for GA. I have to book a flight, vacation time, etc so I can't wait until just a few days before for a ticket drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom