** SPOILERS** The soundcheck thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It may or may not be a great song ...everyone has their own feelings on their favorite songs. but to me...I like to hear a different song live rather than the same old same old same old...and THAT is why there is excitement to hear it!!:up:

Sign me up for the do not get the Crystal Ballroom hype.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Volcano, California, Troubles are already bench warmers. Maybe in the cities with 4+ shows.

Um, California has become a bench warmer:)doh:), Troubles looks to have made a comeback, Volcano has just now started to make the setlist, along with LH and possibly TCB.

But hey, nice try.

Um, California has become a bench warmer:)doh:), Troubles looks to have made a comeback, Volcano has just now started to make the setlist, along with LH and possibly TCB.

But hey, nice try.

Showing up once every 5 gigs the very definition of bench warmer. In hockey they are called "4th liners".

That song is way overrated around here.

Is it the greatest U2 song ever written? No, and I don't believe people are saying that. Is it an upbeat dance track from U2 that people would love to see how they play live? Yes. It's one of my favorite tracks from the new album, and I for one am excited to see how it translates live.

Is it the greatest U2 song ever written? No, and I don't believe people are saying that. Is it an upbeat dance track from U2 that people would love to see how they play live? Yes. It's one of my favorite tracks from the new album, and I for one am excited to see how it translates live.

:up: :up: :up:

Showing up once every 5 gigs the very definition of bench warmer. In hockey they are called "4th liners".

That's fine, but can we talk about the definition of "bail", which is what the original post referenced? "Bailing" on an album during a tour is what happened to NLOTH during 360. They started with 7 songs during the first leg, but by Leg4 they were down to 4 - where it stayed. By contrast, the number of SOI songs on this tour appears to be growing. In fact, they've already played 10 songs off this album (including LH), and it looks to be 11 very soon.

And the only reason those "4th liners" are being rotated in less frequently is because there are only so many slots in the show - and with an ever-growing back catalog of hits, competition for those slots is tighter than ever. Sure, they may not play the entire album in a single show - but it sure looks like they'll have played every song on it, possibly by the end of the first leg! Hardly the definition of "bailing"....

That's fine, but can we talk about the definition of "bail", which is what the original post referenced? "Bailing" on an album during a tour is what happened to NLOTH during 360. They started with 7 songs during the first leg, but by Leg4 they were down to 4 - where it stayed. By contrast, the number of SOI songs on this tour appears to be growing. In fact, they've already played 10 songs off this album (including LH), and it looks to be 11 very soon.

And the only reason those "4th liners" are being rotated in less frequently is because there are only so many slots in the show - and with an ever-growing back catalog of hits, competition for those slots is tighter than ever. Sure, they may not play the entire album in a single show - but it sure looks like they'll have played every song on it, possibly by the end of the first leg! Hardly the definition of "bailing"....

But we're only in Leg 1. And I'm glad they played less NLOTH on the final American leg of the 360 tour because I didn't want the same setlist as I did two years before.

The amount of new songs normally declines on U2's tours, it's just a question of extent.

ZooTV lost WGRYWH, So Cruel never took hold, and some other Achtung songs might have made way for older material - but Zooropa came out so it became a swap of one new song for another. Popmart lost DYFL and IGWSHA, and the introduction of Wake Up Dead Man was a glorified snippet really. Elevation actually did hold firm in terms of ATYCLB songs (each leg had eight songs from that album, though for the first two that's just one performance each of Wild Honey and on the third that includes glorified snippets of Peace on Earth in the total), but it lost the non-album new stuff - Sweetest Thing and TGBHF. Vertigo and 360 both had steep declines in material from the new album; on 360 that was counterbalanced by unreleased material for a while, but even that fell off by the end too.

So right now this tour may be an SOI love-in, but whether or not SOE drops I expect that by the end of tour the amount of SOI songs per night will fall.

Didn't In a Little While get sacked on the 3rd leg on Elevation?

The only wise setlist decision on that leg.

Didn't In a Little While get sacked on the 3rd leg on Elevation?

The only wise setlist decision on that leg.

Yep. That leg had BD, Elevation, Kite, New York, Stuck, and Walk On at every show, then Wild Honey at about a third of shows (it was done just twice beforehand, once on each leg), and Peace on Earth was done as a snippet before most performances of Walk On (having previously not been performed). There are three especially long versions of Peace on Earth where Bono sings most of the song, and they're counted as separate performances on U2gigs rather than as snippets.

So Peace on Earth is kinda like So Cruel.

Maybe there's a fridge out there that sounds like Peace on Earth. Oh the horror.

Perhaps there's a shop that sells a whole range of kitchen appliances that sound like U2 songs.

Sir, this fridge sounds like So Cruel.

Ma'am, you'll love this microwave that sounds like Peace on Earth.

I promise you, nothing sounds more like Wake Up Dead Man than this toaster.

You'll look far and wide but you'll never find a dishwasher that sounds as much like MLK as this one.

The possibilities are endless. Why stop at kitchen appliances?

A mosquito repellent that sounds like The Fly.

A firecracker that sounds like New Year's Day.

A power generator that sounds like The Electric Co.

A taser that sounds like Twilight.

And a vacuum cleaner that sounds like Mofo.

My lawn mower sounds like Vertigo. It only mows in concentric circles.

Who's interested in a clothes dryer that sounds like Womanfish?

I'd buy a fucking Mofo vacuum cleaner and throw it on stage during a U2 gig fully operating.

That's how one should do a song request. Fuck signs.

If I bring Hugh Heffner and throw him onto the stage, do you think they'll play playboy mansion?

He'd be dead before he would hit the floor but then we'd get Playboy Mansion AND 40 as a tribute.

How about Mary Lou Retton as a request for Acrobat? She's small enough that someone could actually throw her up there - with the added bonus of making everyone in the band look VERY TALL.

ETA Okay I added a link to her name for the young'uns on here....

The possibilities are endless. Why stop at kitchen appliances?

A mosquito repellent that sounds like The Fly.

A firecracker that sounds like New Year's Day.

A power generator that sounds like The Electric Co.

A taser that sounds like Twilight.

And a vacuum cleaner that sounds like Mofo.

Id but those for a dollar

Back
Top Bottom