The old, lazy, wealthy man's tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think next year they'll mix up the cities more. Maybe focus on places they haven't played in a while like Ohio and KC.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That could be the case too. People are so quick to forget that they played in Norman, Oklahoma last tour haha. They've gone above and beyond trying to get to the people.

You do realize that Norman Oklahoma is a suburb of Oklahoma City, so its not like they played in the sticks. Not totally anyway :sexywink:

They should play Oxford Plains Speedway like Greatful Dead did ha that's the stix for sure.

I don't get why ohio completely missed 360. We are the 7th most populated state, and we have 3 metro areas with over a million people.

You do realize that Norman Oklahoma is a suburb of Oklahoma City, so its not like they played in the sticks. Not totally anyway :sexywink:

haha I realize that but it's just funny to see it on the list of cities last tour. When they announced they were playin there on the 360 tour I thought WTF? I had to look it up because I'd never even heard of it before. It made sense given it's location but it was still weird. I just used Norman as a tongue n cheek way to say they have gone out of their way to get to the fans in the past.

They've gone above and beyond trying to get to the people.

As I pointed out earlier in this very thread, that's simply untrue:

U2 have never toured widely anyway, not in a global sense. I have a list of countries visited by major touring artists and U2 are well down the bottom. So the fact their tour schedule has become even more limited as they age and deteriorate does not surprise me. They've never evinced a particular desire to perform anywhere and everywhere.

The stats regarding this are in a lengthier post: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f314/the-old-lazy-wealthy-mans-tour-218140-4.html#post7921476

As I pointed out earlier in this very thread, that's simply untrue:

The stats regarding this are in a lengthier post: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f314/the-old-lazy-wealthy-mans-tour-218140-4.html#post7921476

If people are complaining they aren't playing Detroit when they are playing Chicago then too bad. On the 360 tour I believe they played 110 shows in 76 cities, in 29 countries in 4 continents and sold 7.2 million tickets. If people didn't manage to see them that is their problem not U2's problem. Regardless of your stats those numbers I just gave show that they did a damn good job getting to as many people as possible on the last tour. Pardon the band if they decide to do a more residency style tour. I'm not sure why people think they need to play ever town on the planet just becaus they live there. Again if U2 plays within 4 hours of where you live and you complain they skipped your city then I'm sorry but cry me an f-ing river. People drive from Calgary to Edmonton and vice versa all the time for shows and that's a 3.5 hour drive by the time you get to the venues so.....

Yeah, 29 countries isn't particularly remarkable compared to what some other major touring acts are doing.

To be fair... The country is geographically larger than all of Europe combined... and before 9/11 you didn't need a passport to go to Canada or Mexico. You can still get to Canada and Mexico with a special passport card rather than an actual booklet.

Case in point... it's 1555 miles from London to Moscow. It's 2450 miles from New York to Los Angeles.

So Europeans will by default travel to other countries more often, as there are more countries closer together, and frankly, nobody wants to go to Canada. ;)

I didn't have a passport until I was 31 :reject:

Soooo, passports aren't mandatory in the US then? :ohmy:

Nope. I do not have one. I have a friend's bachelor party coming up this summer in Windsor, Canada (geographically it's just a suburb of Detroit) and I'll have to get on the ball soon to get my passport in time. I am 33, and have only left the country once, when I went to Canada years ago, before the passport law was in effect.

That's so mad to think of. :lol: Here you get a passport as soon as you turn 18, sometimes even younger. We can get an ID to travel in the EU, but for further destinations you need a passport. You have to have either of those or a driver's license on you, identification is mandatory at all times.

So in the US you can just freely travel from state to state then?

That's so mad to think of. :lol: Here you get a passport as soon as you turn 18, sometimes even younger. We can get an ID to travel in the EU, but for further destinations you need a passport. You have to have either of those or a driver's license on you, identification is mandatory at all times.

So in the US you can just freely travel from state to state then?

Well everyone has a drivers license. But yea, nothing prevents anyone from traveling from state to state freely.

Although when I turned 65 somebody gave me a passport to Florida. I forgot it at home, but they still let me in.

Here in Chile we just need a Passport to enter Canada now, nothing else (well, just convincing the officer in charge that I'll leave the country).

For the US just passport and Visa Waiver, for like 12 dollars.

Just last year it used to be a lot more difficult to go to the US and Canada from here. It was a sign :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom