The cheaper obstructed view tickets at each end of the arenas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobaticFly

The Fly
Why do you think view is obstructed? Perhaps only obstructed when the band is on the closer stage?

SPOILERS, obviously, about the stage.

It looks like there's a large LED screen above the central catwalk, running it's length (as shown on the San Jose map, & leaked photos from Vancouver). Seats at the ends of the arena will not be able to see this screen. Also, when the screen is lowered, they will not be able to see part of the stage at the opposite end of the arena.

I think that if you managed to snag a lower level obstructed view ticket you should be fine. Not to say that upper level obstructed view tickets are going to be worse, nobody knows, but this is just my educated guess. The large rectangular screen that runs "hockey net to hockey net" that hangs over the band may restrict you from seeing the opposite end of the floor. So for example, if you are sitting behind the "I" part of the stage, you may not be able to see the "E" stage because if the screen is low enough it will block your view, especially from a higher distance, and vice versa. Hope that helps :)

I have two nights at MSG where my lower level tickets just say rear stage but not obstructed view so I'm thinking that, on the lower level, it will he just like any other rear stage view - will see them from the back most of the time and not see what's on the screen, but nothing really blocking the stage. I have one MSG night at the opposite (e) end that is in a four row riser on the floor, and it says nothing about obstructions.

I'm in sec 113 at MSG. While the ticket was cheaper for lower level, it does not say obstructed view or anything like that on the ticket.

I guess we shall see!

I'm in sec 113 at MSG. While the ticket was cheaper for lower level, it does not say obstructed view or anything like that on the ticket.

I guess we shall see!

I'll be there the 19th. Guess I'll be seeing a lot of Larry.

Does you ticket say obstructed? I am the highest or near the highest row in that section.

No, just "rear stage." These are for the first row in the section.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I was thinking that the area of seating behind the I-stage, labelled "rear stage", would be much wider than the area labelled as having "obstructed views". I thought the obstructed views may have been limited to the narrow bands at the end of the arena, shown on the San Jose map.

AcrobaticFly, so your tickets in section 202 of the LA forum say "obstructed view"? Those seats are way further around than where I thought the obstructed views would be. Now I'm totally confused :crack:

I was thinking that the area of seating behind the I-stage, labelled "rear stage", would be much wider than the area labelled as having "obstructed views". I thought the obstructed views may have been limited to the narrow bands at the end of the arena, shown on the San Jose map.

AcrobaticFly, so your tickets in section 202 of the LA forum say "obstructed view"? Those seats are way further around than where I thought the obstructed views would be. Now I'm totally confused :crack:

That's right. Here's a pic of 202 row 1 of the forum: (I'm only 3 rows behind this) http://i.imgur.com/r241zQv.jpg

So who knows!

That sucks. I wouldn't have expected that (I was actually looking at getting a similar seat to yours).

From the San Jose map it looks like the very ends of the LED screen are actually above the stages. Maybe this screen could obstruct your views of Edge when he's performing on the I-stage (though I wouldn't have expected this, as your seats don't appear to be too high)? Maybe there's an obstruction just when the screen is lowered? Who knows? Guess we'll know very soon though.

That sucks. I wouldn't have expected that (I was actually looking at getting a similar seat to yours).

From the San Jose map it looks like the very ends of the LED screen are actually above the stages. Maybe this screen could obstruct your views of Edge when he's performing on the I-stage (though I wouldn't have expected this, as your seats don't appear to be too high)? Maybe there's an obstruction just when the screen is lowered? Who knows? Guess we'll know very soon though.

Who knows indeed! Still gonna be a lot of fun, and I'm not sweating it entirely, my girlfriend and I have GA's for the 30th. These were very last minute.

Can I ask you how much your seats cost AcrobaticFly? As I said I was looking for similar positioned seats. If they weren't too expensive, & if the obstruction turns out to be minor or non-existent, these may turn out to be pretty good for me.

I paid $40 a pop for my obstructed view seats for first night in Van

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

I swear I remember tickets on 360 having "limited view" on them for the nosebleeds. And we had great views all 3 shows. Tampa and E Lansing we sat towards the back, almost "behind" the band, and Pittsburgh we sat at the "front end" so we saw the entire show, but at a far distance (Pittsburgh was a bonus show for us so we didn't mind being further from the stage).

Knowing U2, there wont be a bad seat in the house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Well done :applaud:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing with the San Jose map. Maybe that's one reason TM doesn't suppy an accurate seating map with pricing information. I guess people would baulk at the price of some expensive seats, if the knew that people I row back were only paying a third of the price. Who knows, one day we could even see individual pricing for each seat. One seat to the left, that will be another $1, one row forward, that's another $5 thank you.

The pricing for this tour is odd. I know someone who bought tix in sec 110 for NYC 5 at $118. For NYC 7 & 8, the same exact seats are listed on ticketmaster at $312.

The pricing for this tour is odd. I know someone who bought tix in sec 110 for NYC 5 at $118. For NYC 7 & 8, the same exact seats are listed on ticketmaster at $312.

I got a set of the $35 nosebleeds for Chicago 2 the very first day of public sales, and then managed to find level 2 seating (226) for Chicago 1 for only $111 a ticket on stubhub.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Yep, my Sec 120 seats for NY 5&6 were $118 - they are $312 other nights. And my Sec 2 seat for NY4 was $118, but for other nights they are VIP Fan seats for $250.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

I don't think we're far off from a day when huge chunks of seats at concerts are just put up for bidding instead of even bothering with a regular onsale.

I'm going to see the Stones next month, and it's pretty sad how they (or AXS or whomever) jerk around to create artificial demand. For their general sale, amazingly there were almost NO tickets available two minutes after 10am, and many posted on the AXS facebook page their disgust. Of course AXS had crazy expensive VIP and Premium seats that could be purchased.

Fast forward a week or two later, and huge chunks of tickets magically open up at many price levels, and some of the Premium tickets were then allocated to the general pool. They just try and squeeze people at the outset, and then when demand is soft they have no choice but to move inventory around. A good tip I saw posted is to check Stubhub's inventory - if it stays the same (right now over 3k for MPLS), then demand is soft and prices will come down.

There is one cool thing the Stones do - they have 'Lucky Dip' seats that are $29 each. They are will-call only, and you don't know the seat locations beforehand. Odds are pretty good they'll be nosebleeds, but many people end up in expensive floor or lower level seats. From what I know they can use these tickets to fill in empty areas near the stage.

That's right. Here's a pic of 202 row 1 of the forum: (I'm only 3 rows behind this) http://i.imgur.com/r241zQv.jpg

So who knows!

I'm in the front row of section 217, which I now realize is behind the stage. I hope that they will have screens facing the back. It would suck to not see the bands faces ever.

My tickets also say limited/obstructed view.

"Dynamic pricing", a trick sports teams use as well. More desirable nights have more expensive tickets. Boston has some seats at the $300 price for nights 1 and 2 (Friday and Saturday) that became the $113 price for nights 3 and 4 (Tues and Wednesday)

So it doesn't really look like views were limited or too obstructed in those seats?

Corners by the e-stage look good.
seat%20corner%20e-stage.jpg

Back
Top Bottom