The cheaper obstructed view tickets at each end of the arenas. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-05-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
The Fly
 
AcrobaticFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 100
Local Time: 06:57 PM
The cheaper obstructed view tickets at each end of the arenas.

Why do you think view is obstructed? Perhaps only obstructed when the band is on the closer stage?
__________________

AcrobaticFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:34 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 28,975
Local Time: 02:57 PM
I have a feeling the obstructions will be slight if at all. Maybe some wires holding the screen ends or something.
__________________

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:37 PM   #3
War Child
 
d.darroch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: No kangaroos in Austria
Posts: 885
Local Time: 06:57 PM
SPOILERS, obviously, about the stage.

It looks like there's a large LED screen above the central catwalk, running it's length (as shown on the San Jose map, & leaked photos from Vancouver). Seats at the ends of the arena will not be able to see this screen. Also, when the screen is lowered, they will not be able to see part of the stage at the opposite end of the arena.
d.darroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:54 PM   #4
The Fly
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 88
Local Time: 01:57 PM
I think that if you managed to snag a lower level obstructed view ticket you should be fine. Not to say that upper level obstructed view tickets are going to be worse, nobody knows, but this is just my educated guess. The large rectangular screen that runs "hockey net to hockey net" that hangs over the band may restrict you from seeing the opposite end of the floor. So for example, if you are sitting behind the "I" part of the stage, you may not be able to see the "E" stage because if the screen is low enough it will block your view, especially from a higher distance, and vice versa. Hope that helps
taytay8b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:12 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pop Artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 5,235
Local Time: 02:57 PM
I have two nights at MSG where my lower level tickets just say rear stage but not obstructed view so I'm thinking that, on the lower level, it will he just like any other rear stage view - will see them from the back most of the time and not see what's on the screen, but nothing really blocking the stage. I have one MSG night at the opposite (e) end that is in a four row riser on the floor, and it says nothing about obstructions.
Pop Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:32 AM   #6
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 166
Local Time: 02:57 PM
I'm in sec 113 at MSG. While the ticket was cheaper for lower level, it does not say obstructed view or anything like that on the ticket.

I guess we shall see!
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #7
The Fly
 
AcrobaticFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 100
Local Time: 06:57 PM
Some uppers say obstructed view. I have 202 at the LA forum, row 4.
AcrobaticFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:50 AM   #8
Refugee
 
DeVaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 1,917
Local Time: 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
I'm in sec 113 at MSG. While the ticket was cheaper for lower level, it does not say obstructed view or anything like that on the ticket.

I guess we shall see!
I'll be there the 19th. Guess I'll be seeing a lot of Larry.
DeVaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:00 PM   #9
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 166
Local Time: 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVaul View Post
I'll be there the 19th. Guess I'll be seeing a lot of Larry.
Does you ticket say obstructed? I am the highest or near the highest row in that section.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:16 PM   #10
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,637
Local Time: 02:57 PM
If your tickets say obstructed view, there's a pretty good chances that there will be some sort of obstruction in your view
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:04 PM   #11
Refugee
 
DeVaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 1,917
Local Time: 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
Does you ticket say obstructed? I am the highest or near the highest row in that section.

No, just "rear stage." These are for the first row in the section.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
DeVaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:44 PM   #12
War Child
 
d.darroch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: No kangaroos in Austria
Posts: 885
Local Time: 06:57 PM
I was thinking that the area of seating behind the I-stage, labelled "rear stage", would be much wider than the area labelled as having "obstructed views". I thought the obstructed views may have been limited to the narrow bands at the end of the arena, shown on the San Jose map.

AcrobaticFly, so your tickets in section 202 of the LA forum say "obstructed view"? Those seats are way further around than where I thought the obstructed views would be. Now I'm totally confused
d.darroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #13
The Fly
 
AcrobaticFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 100
Local Time: 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.darroch View Post
I was thinking that the area of seating behind the I-stage, labelled "rear stage", would be much wider than the area labelled as having "obstructed views". I thought the obstructed views may have been limited to the narrow bands at the end of the arena, shown on the San Jose map.

AcrobaticFly, so your tickets in section 202 of the LA forum say "obstructed view"? Those seats are way further around than where I thought the obstructed views would be. Now I'm totally confused

That's right. Here's a pic of 202 row 1 of the forum: (I'm only 3 rows behind this) http://i.imgur.com/r241zQv.jpg

So who knows!
AcrobaticFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:12 PM   #14
War Child
 
d.darroch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: No kangaroos in Austria
Posts: 885
Local Time: 06:57 PM
That sucks. I wouldn't have expected that (I was actually looking at getting a similar seat to yours).

From the San Jose map it looks like the very ends of the LED screen are actually above the stages. Maybe this screen could obstruct your views of Edge when he's performing on the I-stage (though I wouldn't have expected this, as your seats don't appear to be too high)? Maybe there's an obstruction just when the screen is lowered? Who knows? Guess we'll know very soon though.
d.darroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #15
The Fly
 
AcrobaticFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 100
Local Time: 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.darroch View Post
That sucks. I wouldn't have expected that (I was actually looking at getting a similar seat to yours).

From the San Jose map it looks like the very ends of the LED screen are actually above the stages. Maybe this screen could obstruct your views of Edge when he's performing on the I-stage (though I wouldn't have expected this, as your seats don't appear to be too high)? Maybe there's an obstruction just when the screen is lowered? Who knows? Guess we'll know very soon though.

Who knows indeed! Still gonna be a lot of fun, and I'm not sweating it entirely, my girlfriend and I have GA's for the 30th. These were very last minute.
__________________

AcrobaticFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com