The "Anti-Sit Down Protest" Bill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
The Interference U2 Fan "Ant-Sit Down Protest" Bill

BE IT SO RESOLVED..

(I started doing this but then got a migraine just thinking about it. Someone who's great at drafting resolutions and motions, please finish, I'll move it to vote and then we'll pass it. Extreme humiliation roasting and banning needs to be a key component of the penalties section, please..)

HT_ant_man_marvel_sk_150107_16x9_992.jpg

I don't even get what the thread is supposed to be.

RAIL SPOTS MATTER!

RAIL SPOTS MATTER!

Is there seriously a sit-down protest going? Won't they just feel vindicated that they gave the front rows to real fans who wouldn't derail a concert for pathetic motives?

I would have no trouble organising a rush of real fans to trample then and take the good spots :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Okay, no one has threatened to do a sit-down thing. I think gvox is making a tongue-in-cheek thing about vowing not to protest by sitting down? Or something?

Okay, no one has threatened to do a sit-down thing. I think gvox is making a tongue-in-cheek thing about vowing not to protest by sitting down? Or something?

I think we go further. Any member who stages or participates in any form of protest at a U2 show should be subject to extreme ridicule, humiliation, and ultimately, banning.

Boom.

Haha, some of you guys are so funny. Cori, ANT LIVES MATTER, RAIL SPOTS MATTER, I love it! :laugh:

Yep, I'll vote for this. No protesting, or being a douche. You're at a U2 show, enjoy it! I would like to sit down before the show though. I'm old, & my knees are shot from years & years of snowboarding. I promise my sit down won't be any form of protest though :wink:

Being up in the regular schmo seats has its advantages. Like being able to sit down. :wink: If the energy is there, I'll be standing. I'll probably sit for SFS. :lol:

Stand up, this is comedy.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I was at a (outdoor) gig principally to see the Cure, and while support band James were playing I wandered off to find a burger - just as they launched into their song "Sit Down". All their fans sat down, the silly tools. Took me ages to get through the crowd. Luckily I managed to get away with "accidentally" kicking about 50 shins, so y'know, swings & roundabouts.

I remember the sit down protest in Boston for the Elevation Tour in June 2001. The band were filming a video of the whole show. Just before letting people from the GA line into the venue before the show, management selected people who were not at the front of the line to go in first, taking up the rail spots. This made people at the front of the line angry and they protested by sitting down in the middle of the heart for most of the show. Its not really noticeable on the video, but if you look hard, you can sort of see where they are in a few shots. That was 14 years ago. Wonder where those folks are now.

you wandered off to find a burger WHILE JAMES WERE PLAYING?!?!?! :madwife:

Yeah, they were bouncy toss tbh. Plus I'd just seen Lush, and needed some food after spending 30 minutes using The Force to try and make the singer walk off the stage and marry me etc

Back
Top Bottom