Stage Fright with Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenJoshuaTre

The Fly
Alright so noticing a pattern of Bono and who he is picking to come up on stage. So far a bunch of kids, I saw Amp was up there again tonight. Then he had some crazy moments with the Special Ed Phoenix guy. We even had the U2 cover band guy up there. And of course the 3 ladies and the Edge.

Le dude with the Turban... The only pattern I notice is that you get pulled up more quickly if you've been pulled up before, sans the kids. :shrug:

I think its cool they are doing so much interaction with the crowd, the band seems comfy and relaxed this tour. :up:

Alright so noticing a pattern of Bono and who he is picking to come up on stage. So far a bunch of kids, I saw Amp was up there again tonight. Then he had some crazy moments with the Special Ed Phoenix guy. We even had the U2 cover band guy up there. And of course the 3 ladies and the Edge.

So??? What pattern? Title?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If a line nazi does a line of blow before a show, does that improve his/her chances of being pulled up onstage or would he/she be too amped up on/off the rails during 'out of control? '

So??? What pattern? Title?

Well. Yeah not a whole lot I guess ....the pattern has been kids, Amp, and dudes. Not a whole lot of girls this time around from what I've seen. But I guess it was made up for when he invited 3 up in Phoenix. Maybe he's scared he might have to deal with cray cray here lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dTdjF-sjimg

Maybe he's scared he might have to deal with cray cray here lol

Robert_Cray_3_-_Crossroads_Guitar_Fest_2004_-_lg.6294040.jpg
Robert_Cray_3_-_Crossroads_Guitar_Fest_2004_-_lg.6294040.jpg

:confused:

Well. Yeah not a whole lot I guess ....the pattern has been kids, Amp, and dudes. Not a whole lot of girls this time around from what I've seen. But I guess it was made up for when he invited 3 up in Phoenix. Maybe he's scared he might have to deal with cray cray here lol

Bahahahaa I forgot about that.

Wild flowergirl appeared! What will Bono do?

-Dodge
-Dodge
-Dodge
-Throw her back into the audience and make Larry glare at her.

I was at that show. That girl had no freaking clue. I was about 10 feet away when this happened and she just totally blew it.

I've never seen that clip. He kept having to lift her hands off his ass. And the near kisses...yikes. Loved how she promptly was removed off the stage.

I was at that Vancouver gig with Inappropriate Yahweh Girl as well. Yikes.

The first Seattle Vertigo show, he pulled up this boneheaded girl who kept trying to get him to stand still so her friend on the floor could take a picture. Then he gave her a piggyback ride for some reason (maybe since she was so useless actually standing on the stage).

Shoulda picked me, man. :tsk:

The young boy in an Ireland shirt Saturday night 5/30 in LA was extremely nervous to put it mildly. I felt bad for him but he held it together enough to barely give it a flying fist during COBL. Bono could sense it, at least to me, and did not force it too much.

Oh, Bono forced it all right. It was so awkward, and I wish he'd just taken him back to his parents because it almost seemed like Bono was kinda harassing dear David by the end of it :lol:.

Oh, Bono forced it all right. It was so awkward, and I wish he'd just taken him back to his parents because it almost seemed like Bono was kinda harassing dear David by the end of it :lol:.

It was definitely awkward -- my read was that Bono was hoping the boy would find a way to get comfortable but he never really did.

I'd use the word 'encouraging' but either way, it's gone better. By the way, if you hear of a boot of this show, please PM me -- I like to have the shows I attend and sadly am thinking this might be my only outing on this tour.

Back
Top Bottom