** SPOILERS** The soundcheck thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
We've had very few soundcheck reports so far this tour - basically just that the band ran through When Love Comes To Town before Vancouver 2. Now that rehearsals are done and dusted, the soundchecks are usually the best way to get an idea of what the band are planning, like how Your Blue Room and Mercy were rehearsed at multiple soundchecks before their live debuts on 360. So I thought I'd make this thread for any bits of information from soundchecks.

:up: I would not say no to Mercy returning. I heard it live in 2010 and even with that abomination of a chorus it was still pretty special.

I was pretty bummed with the lack of Mercy in Sydney. Would have loved it if it got a run.

Hoping for the odd tour debut tomorrow. TGBHF has to be soon.

I want to see Running to Stand Still become a warhorse. I want it given prominence and played at every single show. I can't remember the last time I heard the song and didn't cry.

I was wondering if - other than the leaked setlist and that one early rehearsal report - there was any advance warning of The Electric Co.? Did anybody hear it soundchecked in San Jose?

Because what strikes me about a number of big surprises they could do is that they don't actually need to be rehearsed at full volume. The Electric Co. needs to be blasted out full volume, but it would be easier to sneak Running to Stand Still, One Step Closer, TGBHF, even Playboy Mansion under the radar.

And When Love Comes To Town proved they can play old songs without a great deal of rehearsal. I'm not a musician in any way shape or form but I feel like that song would be a bit harder to get up and running than the likes of Desire or whatever. They soundchecked it and then smashed it.

And When Love Comes To Town proved they can play old songs without a great deal of rehearsal. I'm not a musician in any way shape or form but I feel like that song would be a bit harder to get up and running than the likes of Desire or whatever. They soundchecked it and then smashed it.

I get the impression the biggest barrier to them playing anything is Bono remembering the lyrics.

None of their songs are overly technical - I think some of the guitar parts form War and TUF would be the hardest to plug n play.

I don't get why it's acceptable to pull out obscure Boy tracks, but to completely ignore 7/10 of the War album since 1985. Don't get me wrong, I love Boy. But I'd think occasionally throwing out surrender or 2 hearts would be just as acceptable as Electric Co and Out of control.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't get why it's acceptable to pull out obscure Boy tracks, but to completely ignore 7/10 of the War album since 1985. Don't get me wrong, I love Boy. But I'd think occasionally throwing out surrender or 2 hearts would be just as acceptable as Electric Co and Out of control.

Off memory they did rehearse Two Hearts Beat As One before the Elevation Tour. I'm surprised that, with the exception of one performance on Lovetown, it hasn't been played since the UF Tour.

Want time do they usually soundcheck? I am staying across street from arena in Phoenix and am going to walk over this afternoon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using U2 Interference mobile app

Want time do they usually soundcheck? I am staying across street from arena in Phoenix and am going to walk over this afternoon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using U2 Interference mobile app

yesterday's flier said 3pm! get over there!

They still do, and it's not helping a single bit. :wink: So yeah, they need to get Bono to lay off the booze, might help his memory a bit.

Yes for this tour. One of the prompters is main stage right, just where the catwalk begins. Bono does his best to follow it for the new Bullet lyrics.

Bono branded Google Glass, complete with built in teleprompter.

Boom. Problem solved

:up: :up:

30-rock-problem-solversjpg-91bed11560aa8398_large.jpg

Stupid question guys but how do you get into a sound check? When I'm in London for the tour, I'd love to go!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Stand outside the arena and wait until you hear things.

Yeah I'm trying to think of any fans being admitted to a soundcheck and the most recent one I can recall off the top of my head is at a show in 1989!

I'm sure it must've happened more recently, but yeah if you want to hear the soundcheck you'll almost certainly be listening from outside the venue.

Yeah I'm trying to think of any fans being admitted to a soundcheck and the most recent one I can recall off the top of my head is at a show in 1989!

I'm sure it must've happened more recently, but yeah if you want to hear the soundcheck you'll almost certainly be listening from outside the venue.

Were there fans admitted to the pre-Vertigo practices in L.A.?
Or was that just a pre-tour show?

(Either way, not really a soundcheck.)

Back
Top Bottom