** SPOILERS** The soundcheck thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, they hadn't played When Love Comes To Town since 1992, and they pulled it out after a day of rehearsing it, no?

I think Two Hearts is a harder song to play (Edge has said it's his least favourite song due to the difficulty of the guitar part, and they would have to figure out the right key to play it in) but if it's something they want to do, they can pull it off.

For anyone curious, here's the Lovetown version of Two Hearts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGpDxNITXAU
It was already played a half step down from the album version in 1989, so who knows what key they'd put it in now.

well, that was messy, but energetic, pre-lazy Edge guitar days!

We are on the concourse right now through the ride thing. Heard Two Hearts be sound checked and acoustic Sweetest Thing. Bono sounds a bit sick again, but I am sure he will get it together by show time.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

We are on the concourse right now through the ride thing. Heard Two Hearts be sound checked and acoustic Sweetest Thing. Bono sounds a bit sick again, but I am sure he will get it together by show time.

Crystal Ballroom full band reported now.

Didn't hear that myself. Was inside arena on concourse since 5:00 pm.

Didn't hear that myself. Was inside arena on concourse since 5:00 pm.

@wtshnn who has legitimately reported a bunch of songs said it, just copying from twitter myself. I'm at a dunkin donuts a few blocks away

It feels like this and/or next show we'll finally have more than 24 songs again, only Phoenix #1 has had 25.

[tweet]615641637532889092[/tweet]
[tweet]615643647300599816[/tweet]
[tweet]615655564778045440[/tweet]

@wtshnn who has legitimately reported a bunch of songs said it, just copying from twitter myself. I'm at a dunkin donuts a few blocks away

Tim is legit. Not saying it didn't happen just that it didn't happen between 5:00 and 5:30 which is the part I heard from inside the arena myself. :)

I'm only in town tonight and saw last night. knowing U2, they'll debut Two Hearts and Crystal Ballroom on thursday and I'll just get Sweetest Thing tonight.

oh of course they'll play that tonight now that I'm home! I got in last night to hear Lucifer's Hands. That was cool.

I wonder how this person got a video because all of the employees at the UC last night were freaking out over anyone getting too close to the curtains.

With regards to WLCTT, it was only brought back because of BB King's passing. Too bad it's appears to have been shelved. It's so great live!

The soundcheck thread

In Chicago now, drinking beers at Rock Bottom. There seems to be a lot of buzz in the air about Grateful Dead. I hope we get 2 hearts, I would IMPLODE. !!!!!

I'll definitely get 'stuck' tonight.

Back
Top Bottom