Red Zone for 65 year old parents. Bad idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaimearodriguez

The Fly
Hello All,

I'm already scheming , budgeting and planning for next year's North American leg, and need some opinion for those of you who have done Red Zone.

For my local Miami shows, I'd like to bring my parents to their second U2 show. This time, I'm debating whether to get them the expensive seat or Red Zone. I'd love for them experience the GA energy, but I'm afraid if its a bit too much for them since they are in their mid 60's.

What do you guys think? My parents are healthy. Bad idea? Good idea?

Thank you for your feedback.

Jaime

Depends on how long they're willing to stand. Are they comfortable standing that long?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Considering there are some people aged 70+ camping out and being on the rail rocking out during the show and that my dad's coming with me in Antwerp, doing GA (though no lining up) at age 67, I think that's Red Zone might be quite OK for your parent. If it's worth the cost is another thing though. :)

How healthy is healthy? Can they stand for 3 hours continuously on concrete without any thing to hold on to? As in, is that something they do a regular basis? You don't want them to get 45 minutes into it and be uncomfortable and spend the rest of the night unhappy. Knowing the 65 year olds in my family...I think the floor is a younger man's game.

How healthy is healthy? Can they stand for 3 hours continuously on concrete without any thing to hold on to? As in, is that something they do a regular basis? You don't want them to get 45 minutes into it and be uncomfortable and spend the rest of the night unhappy. Knowing the 65 year olds in my family...I think the floor is a younger man's game.

I think you have convinced me. I agree they may have an incredible 45 minutes, and then get tired. They are generally healthy, but not 'Iron Man' healthy. The $300 seats are probably the way to go. (They deserve them, and more)

Thank you for the response.

Do you know something we don't know? Should I make my travel plans to Miami?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Not officially, but let's just say when I met Bono in NYC 1, I told him to "not forget about Miami" and his response was very positive :applaud:

Yeah, just get them some $300 tickets! UGH... even if it's only you and your parents, that's nearly $1000 just for one concert. Even if they are healthy, they probably just wouldn't want to fuck with GA floor at 65. The $100-ish tickets in the upper bowl might be alright if you don't want to spend that kind of money, just make sure they can see the screen!

I thought I was done with GA after the 360 tour, but with this new stage design, pretty much any spot on the floor is good to decent. I got into the United Center at 8:00, found a good spot by the e-stage, and the band started playing 20 minutes later. I had a great spot, and I didn't waste an entire day in Chicago standing in line.

Back
Top Bottom