Red Zone- better than the real thing ?? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
Babyface

Local Time: 02:09 AM
Red Zone- better than the real thing ??

Advice please.... Doing Red Zone on Saturday in Glasgow. Always been GA, front rail, camp out person for past 20 plus years BUT when I bought tickets had just been diagnosed with cancer so didn't know how I was going to be . I am better than I thought and wondering whether to not stay in Red Zone and try for middle of walkway or E stage? Any advice would be welcomed !!!!

sammyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your condition and glad your feeling better.

I was GA for Phoneix 1 and Red Zone for Phoneix 2. Both are great spots & it was nice to have breathing room in Red Zone. You can move in & out as you please of RZ & GA (w/ RZ wristband/ticket of course).

I actually prefered the RZ. Less crowded and you can see everything. They even have little steps on the rail you can stand on if your short.

zoopop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
Babyface

Brilliant, thanks for reply. Red zone has been getting a slating so was worried we wouldn't be in the action and be able to see e- stage and screens! Thanks for your reply
Old 11-04-2015, 12:21 PM   #4
War Child

I have been twice and think I got the best of both worlds

On night 1 I stood just outside the red zone and in the centre of the arena so I got to see the whole screen properly and the band walking end to end - the downside was that I couldn't really see the band that well on either stage as I am quite short - but overall I thinkthe side view gives you an overall view of the entire concert.

On the second day I was right up close to the B stage - actually i could still see the stage but this time my focus was more on the ban when they came ot the B stage and i didn't pay much attenion to the screen - downside was i couldn;t see anything at all on the main stage.
mo786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:42 PM   #5
The Fly

Is there many on here who been this Hydro Arena as its new whats the seats like...?? Whats the best block....??
Gavin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:56 AM   #6
War Child

Local Time: 04:09 AM
The hydro looks like quite a small arena. So I guess the RZ will also be closer to the stage.
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:36 AM   #7
Babyface

Thanks Blueskies,must not sure whether to sack the Red Zone altogether and head for walkway or e stage . If I opt to stay red zone assume nearer i stage but also think gen real GA will be in front of red zone ?? Decisions decisions
Old 11-05-2015, 02:29 AM   #8
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
The hydro looks like quite a small arena. So I guess the RZ will also be closer to the stage.

It has a capacity of 13,000 this must be 1 the smaller arenas of this leg.???
Gavin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:45 AM   #9
The Fly

Belfast & Glasgow are two smallest capacities.......& I am going to both !. 😊

Sent from my GT-I9195 using U2 Interference mobile app
jakehu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:21 PM   #10
Galeonbroad

If you have Red Zone tickets, you should not be allowed in regular GA. The attendants should make sure you return to the Red Zone. That's what happened in Amsterdam luckily, as some RZ jerks were in front of us flaunting their wristbands proudly, security told them to piss off back to their fancy zone.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:33 PM   #11
Babyface

Thanks Galeongirl for your understanding !!! I have always been GA and camped out but only bought RED ZONE as I have cancer and just finished chemo so thought I wouldn't be concert fit for GA. BUT as it is getting close I am wishing I was GA as the RZ has been heavily criticised. So hopefully the security won't bump me out of GA as you suggest ...here's hoping anyhow

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference
Old 11-06-2015, 08:45 AM   #12
Galeonbroad

Red Zone is fine, you can get front row with it.

If you went to GA, it's similar to when you have a bad seat and you go sit on someone else's front row seat. It is not what you have a ticket for and rude to do so.

You have a red zone ticket, you go to the red zone. Simple as that.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:55 AM   #13
Babyface

Galeongirl well and truly understood. Wow.....just wow....no more words needed .

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference
Old 11-07-2015, 08:51 AM   #14
War Child

Local Time: 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Red Zone is fine, you can get front row with it.

If you went to GA, it's similar to when you have a bad seat and you go sit on someone else's front row seat. It is not what you have a ticket for and rude to do so.

You have a red zone ticket, you go to the red zone. Simple as that.
Not true - When you buy Red Zone, you get a GA wristband and a Red Zone wristband. If you want to go to regular GA, go for it.
beershack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #15
Refugee

Local Time: 01:09 PM
In Glasgow we were told by RZ marshals to go wherever we want - GA or RZ.

They let in the first 50 GA people, then RZ, then the rest of GA. That gives early GA queuers first pick and RZ ticketholders the choice.

I don't understand the RZ hate here. I saved for ages to buy my ticket and made a handsome donation to (red) in the process. Bono supports RZ fans but certain other fans just want to hate.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

chocky is offline   Reply With Quote