Red Zone- better than the real thing ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sammyj

Babyface
Advice please.... Doing Red Zone on Saturday in Glasgow. Always been GA, front rail, camp out person for past 20 plus years BUT when I bought tickets had just been diagnosed with cancer so didn't know how I was going to be . I am better than I thought and wondering whether to not stay in Red Zone and try for middle of walkway or E stage? Any advice would be welcomed !!!!

Sorry to hear about your condition and glad your feeling better.

I was GA for Phoneix 1 and Red Zone for Phoneix 2. Both are great spots & it was nice to have breathing room in Red Zone. You can move in & out as you please of RZ & GA (w/ RZ wristband/ticket of course).

I actually prefered the RZ. Less crowded and you can see everything. They even have little steps on the rail you can stand on if your short.

Brilliant, thanks for reply. Red zone has been getting a slating so was worried we wouldn't be in the action and be able to see e- stage and screens! Thanks for your reply :applaud::hyper:

I have been twice and think I got the best of both worlds

On night 1 I stood just outside the red zone and in the centre of the arena so I got to see the whole screen properly and the band walking end to end - the downside was that I couldn't really see the band that well on either stage as I am quite short - but overall I thinkthe side view gives you an overall view of the entire concert.

On the second day I was right up close to the B stage - actually i could still see the stage but this time my focus was more on the ban when they came ot the B stage and i didn't pay much attenion to the screen - downside was i couldn;t see anything at all on the main stage.

Is there many on here who been this Hydro Arena as its new whats the seats like...?? Whats the best block....??

The hydro looks like quite a small arena. So I guess the RZ will also be closer to the stage.

Thanks Blueskies,must not sure whether to sack the Red Zone altogether and head for walkway or e stage . If I opt to stay red zone assume nearer i stage but also think gen real GA will be in front of red zone ?? Decisions decisions :crack::crack:

Belfast & Glasgow are two smallest capacities.......& I am going to both !. ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using U2 Interference mobile app

If you have Red Zone tickets, you should not be allowed in regular GA. The attendants should make sure you return to the Red Zone. That's what happened in Amsterdam luckily, as some RZ jerks were in front of us flaunting their wristbands proudly, security told them to piss off back to their fancy zone. :D

Thanks Galeongirl for your understanding !!! I have always been GA and camped out but only bought RED ZONE as I have cancer and just finished chemo so thought I wouldn't be concert fit for GA. BUT as it is getting close I am wishing I was GA as the RZ has been heavily criticised. So hopefully the security won't bump me out of GA as you suggest ...here's hoping anyhow

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Red Zone is fine, you can get front row with it.

If you went to GA, it's similar to when you have a bad seat and you go sit on someone else's front row seat. It is not what you have a ticket for and rude to do so.

You have a red zone ticket, you go to the red zone. Simple as that.

Galeongirl well and truly understood. Wow.....just wow....no more words needed .

Red Zone is fine, you can get front row with it.

If you went to GA, it's similar to when you have a bad seat and you go sit on someone else's front row seat. It is not what you have a ticket for and rude to do so.

You have a red zone ticket, you go to the red zone. Simple as that.

Not true - When you buy Red Zone, you get a GA wristband and a Red Zone wristband. If you want to go to regular GA, go for it.

In Glasgow we were told by RZ marshals to go wherever we want - GA or RZ.

They let in the first 50 GA people, then RZ, then the rest of GA. That gives early GA queuers first pick and RZ ticketholders the choice.

I don't understand the RZ hate here. I saved for ages to buy my ticket and made a handsome donation to (red) in the process. Bono supports RZ fans but certain other fans just want to hate.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I don't understand the RZ hate here. I saved for ages to buy my ticket and made a handsome donation to (red)
Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The entitled few think they can dictate how you should enjoy your show.

Start off the show in the RZ and move along the stage as the show progresses. Move back to the RZ for the encore.

Feel free to move in and out of the RZ as the concert moves across the screen

Pretty nuts security is telling you you can go in GA, when that is definitely not supposed to be. In Amsterdam people from the RZ had ONLY RZ wristbands, and they were supposed to stay in the zone they bought a ticket for. It makes no sense they get to go in GA when hunderds of people line up to get good spots there and have their spot already been filled by someone who spent more money on the ticket. For a different section.

Beershack and Choccy... So RZ last night was amazing and they gave us RZ wristbands AND GA wristbands so we could go wherever. As it happens....for the RZ haters I did stay most of the time in RZ as the view was awesome. I could have gone to the very front row of GA or e stage but chose not to and certainly didn't sit on any GA persons front row knee. Took advice and moved around so got to the e stage with absolute ease and without any problem , then over back to RZ later. Having been to many many shows all over Europe this one took some beating !! Loved it, had a great time and there was no issue whatsoever between the RZ and GA folk. All very friendly . So if anyone else has RZ tickets , don't worry, you can go GA too, bonus !! Sorry Galeongirl but that is what happens and nobody else seems to have a problem with it. You could get second from front row even if you came in just before the show, it wasn't an issue and everyone was very chilled with plenty of room

Pretty nuts security is telling you you can go in GA, when that is definitely not supposed to be. In Amsterdam people from the RZ had ONLY RZ wristbands, and they were supposed to stay in the zone they bought a ticket for. It makes no sense they get to go in GA when hunderds of people line up to get good spots there and have their spot already been filled by someone who spent more money on the ticket. For a different section.

London RZ could enter the GA at will-rightly so, I was stood adjacent to the gate.
No problem for me.

Last edited:
Yes agreed and was nothing to do with security deciding. The U2 red zone staff at check in gave us the GA bands plus RZ.Was a great night and PLENTY of room for everyone

Back
Top Bottom