Red Zone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miringeltje

An Interferer
Moderators, feel free to edit or delete this thread, if this info turns out to be wrong.

But right now, it appears Red Zone tickets are available in the pre-sale, so I thought it would be good to start a thread for it.

Package contents: The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. Special features include:

Barricaded area adjacent to the Stage
Extremely limited capacity
VIP Entrance to the venue
Collectors souvenir ticket
An opportunity to be selected for a pre-show backstage tour
Access to the (RED) Zone refreshment stand
A portion of the proceeds from your purchase supports the (RED) campaign

How much are these tickets again?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

ChargedVT in the main thread said it was 219 pounds plus fees for the London show. Which appears to translate to $343 US at current exchange rate?

Which is waaay more than RZ ended up for many of the venues on 360. Pretty sure I got several RZ on 360 for the initial bid price of $150?

So at the end of the day, is it safe to say Red Zone is a better option than GA(factoring out price)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So at the end of the day, is it safe to say Red Zone is a better option than GA(factoring out price)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well, good question. It APPEARS, but I haven't seen any official confirmation, that the Red Zone is around the B stage. Assuming that is true, when members of the group are on the B stage or the catwalk near the B stage you will be the closest to the band. But when they are on the main stage (again, assuming the layout is being interpreted accurately) you will essentially be at the very back of the GA section. Kind of odd this time around, but I suppose the best they could do given the layouts.

Well, good question. It APPEARS, but I haven't seen any official confirmation, that the Red Zone is around the B stage. Assuming that is true, when members of the group are on the B stage or the catwalk near the B stage you will be the closest to the band. But when they are on the main stage (again, assuming the layout is being interpreted accurately) you will essentially be at the very back of the GA section. Kind of odd this time around, but I suppose the best they could do given the layouts.

hmmm...

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f314/u2-ticket-sales-101-12-4-14-and-onward-217638.html

if it is the B stage, why would section 110 and 106 be at the highest category?

so confusing. i personally might re-think RZ tix if this is the case but not like we will know before we have to buy...FUCK

hmmm...

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f314/u2-ticket-sales-101-12-4-14-and-onward-217638.html

if it is the B stage, why would section 110 and 106 be at the highest category?

so confusing. i personally might re-think RZ tix if this is the case but not like we will know before we have to buy...FUCK

I agree, just one of the many aspects of this rushed pre-sale I find to be very annoying.

To answer the question above yours re seats - I believe there were some fold down seats at the back of the RZ area that could be used BEFORE the concert started, but couldn't be used during the concert - not sure if that was enforced. Not sure that is the same here, but my assumption is that it is intended to be a roped off standing room only GA.

I never sat in Red Zone, but I've done GA. There isn't a bad seat in GA in my eyes. I much prefer just to be there and hear the band. Sure I'd like to sit on Bono's lap, but it's pretty amazing no matter what you choose.

We won't know until we see the first show on how the stage works. It is confusing. I assume the band will spent 85% of their time near the Red Zone and then move around the stage at certain points... instead of a circle we get a line.

I agree, just one of the many aspects of this rushed pre-sale I find to be very annoying.

To answer the question above yours re seats - I believe there were some fold down seats at the back of the RZ area that could be used BEFORE the concert started, but couldn't be used during the concert - not sure if that was enforced. Not sure that is the same here, but my assumption is that it is intended to be a roped off standing room only GA.

Very annoying to say the least.

yes. they did have fold down seats in the RZ but as i recall, the RZ's were not full and you could pretty much fold down the seat, which was on the back side of the RZ's if you wanted during the show. at least in YYZ.

I never sat in Red Zone, but I've done GA. There isn't a bad seat in GA in my eyes. I much prefer just to be there and hear the band. Sure I'd like to sit on Bono's lap, but it's pretty amazing no matter what you choose.

We won't know until we see the first show on how the stage works. It is confusing. I assume the band will spent 85% of their time near the Red Zone and then move around the stage at certain points... instead of a circle we get a line.

i hope you are right but then again, RZ was pretty far away from main stage for 360 on the claws edges...

Red Zone Boston

Any word on Red Zone prices from NY, Boston, Toronto, etc?

Just got RZ for Boston first night. Yes, you can get RZ direct - for $350. Tried for seats first - got 2 in front row, but Ticketbastard - yes it's still that - "failed" in my first 4 attempts for tickets. My friend is still trying for 2nd night.

I am still trying - failed about 20 times for RZ ready to jump out a window. I HATE TM

I got RZ1 in Vancouver. They were $390/ticket.

The RZ seems much smaller this time and there doesn't appear to be an "inner circle" - which is utterly awesome for people who can't stand in line for hours/days and/or hate randomness!

anyone know if RZ shows up on the mobile site. from what i see for Vancouver and Toronto, there is only reserved floors and then several price points, none of which are at the price point of RZ tickets.

I used the website, so I'm not sure. I do know thought that the RZ tickets disappear VERY fast, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were gone in 15 minutes.

I had all kinds of problems trying to access on the computer. I had RZ tickets the moment they went on sale and then TM froze and booted me out. I think I tried to purchase RZ tickets about 50 different times (always being booted out) before finally succeeding 75 minutes after they went on sale. During this torture session, I also tried mobile and it seemed much easier to do but I could not find a way to get RZ tix through the mobile site.

That said, I have to hand it to U2 - the tickets that were available were clearly the absolute best in the house: both RZ and GAs on the floor as well as excellent loge seats. Reminded me of the old Propaganda days

For those with knowledge about the venues that do have a u2 map on TM : is RZ located next to what would normally be considered the main stage or next to the b-stage?

I got RZ1 in Vancouver. They were $390/ticket.

The RZ seems much smaller this time and there doesn't appear to be an "inner circle" - which is utterly awesome for people who can't stand in line for hours/days and/or hate randomness!

i just wish we had more info about whether the RZ is around the B stage....

given the toronto seat map, i think it is the way it is showing 112-115 being half they could be, for example, if you were at a raptors game.

that and the set up shown for another venue, leads me to need to rethink my purchase.

For those with knowledge about the venues that do have a u2 map on TM : is RZ located next to what would normally be considered the main stage or next to the b-stage?

In Boston it is definitely at the opposite end of where a stage is for a normal end stage concert, so that would say to me its at the B stage. Now the question is will that be strictly be a B stage and the band only there for a few songs or will it be a more even split of time at each end?

Red Zone is one hell of a great deal as far as VIP packages are concerned...it isn't much more expensive than the highest seated tickets in the venue...plus, if you're rich, it's worth it to avoid sitting all day in the GA line...

In Boston it is definitely at the opposite end of where a stage is for a normal end stage concert, so that would say to me its at the B stage. Now the question is will that be strictly be a B stage and the band only there for a few songs or will it be a more even split of time at each end?

i am fussing with this. my wife has some major issues with pot smoke so we found the RZ was better at 360 than the pit for this. thankfully, arena concerts clamp down on this a little better...sorry folks.

Red Zone is one hell of a great deal as far as VIP packages are concerned...it isn't much more expensive than the highest seated tickets in the venue...plus, if you're rich, it's worth it to avoid sitting all day in the GA line...

shhh....although we are all friends here. ;0-)

Thanks for your answer, Hewson!
I guess we'll find out once the shows start.

Maybe one end of the stage for the acoustic portion of the set and the other end of the stage for the electric portion.

Bono, Edge and Adam are probably able to roam around more freely than Larry.

This.

GA cost $85
Red Zone $350

So for $265 more your guaranteed being close to the stage & not having wait all day. Its a pretty good deal. Plus you have your own restroom!!

Back
Top Bottom