Red Zone - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2014, 03:51 AM   #1
An Interferer

Local Time: 12:08 AM
Red Zone

Moderators, feel free to edit or delete this thread, if this info turns out to be wrong.

But right now, it appears Red Zone tickets are available in the pre-sale, so I thought it would be good to start a thread for it.

Package contents: The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. Special features include:

Barricaded area adjacent to the Stage
Extremely limited capacity
VIP Entrance to the venue
Collectors souvenir ticket
An opportunity to be selected for a pre-show backstage tour
Access to the (RED) Zone refreshment stand
A portion of the proceeds from your purchase supports the (RED) campaign

Old 12-04-2014, 05:17 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:08 AM
How much are these tickets again?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:56 AM   #3
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
How much are these tickets again?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
ChargedVT in the main thread said it was 219 pounds plus fees for the London show. Which appears to translate to $343 US at current exchange rate?

Which is waaay more than RZ ended up for many of the venues on 360. Pretty sure I got several RZ on 360 for the initial bid price of $150?
kkaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:15 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

So at the end of the day, is it safe to say Red Zone is a better option than GA(factoring out price)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
CosmoKramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:26 AM   #5
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
So at the end of the day, is it safe to say Red Zone is a better option than GA(factoring out price)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Well, good question. It APPEARS, but I haven't seen any official confirmation, that the Red Zone is around the B stage. Assuming that is true, when members of the group are on the B stage or the catwalk near the B stage you will be the closest to the band. But when they are on the main stage (again, assuming the layout is being interpreted accurately) you will essentially be at the very back of the GA section. Kind of odd this time around, but I suppose the best they could do given the layouts.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #6
Refugee

Do you get a seat in the Red Zone, or is it essentially just a blocked off GA section?
LadySpinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #7
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkaider View Post
Well, good question. It APPEARS, but I haven't seen any official confirmation, that the Red Zone is around the B stage. Assuming that is true, when members of the group are on the B stage or the catwalk near the B stage you will be the closest to the band. But when they are on the main stage (again, assuming the layout is being interpreted accurately) you will essentially be at the very back of the GA section. Kind of odd this time around, but I suppose the best they could do given the layouts.
hmmm...

U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

if it is the B stage, why would section 110 and 106 be at the highest category?

so confusing. i personally might re-think RZ tix if this is the case but not like we will know before we have to buy...FUCK
Wendyandkevinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #8
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyandkevinca View Post
hmmm...

so confusing. i personally might re-think RZ tix if this is the case but not like we will know before we have to buy...FUCK
I agree, just one of the many aspects of this rushed pre-sale I find to be very annoying.

To answer the question above yours re seats - I believe there were some fold down seats at the back of the RZ area that could be used BEFORE the concert started, but couldn't be used during the concert - not sure if that was enforced. Not sure that is the same here, but my assumption is that it is intended to be a roped off standing room only GA.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #9
Refugee

I never sat in Red Zone, but I've done GA. There isn't a bad seat in GA in my eyes. I much prefer just to be there and hear the band. Sure I'd like to sit on Bono's lap, but it's pretty amazing no matter what you choose.

We won't know until we see the first show on how the stage works. It is confusing. I assume the band will spent 85% of their time near the Red Zone and then move around the stage at certain points... instead of a circle we get a line.
clerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #10
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkaider View Post
I agree, just one of the many aspects of this rushed pre-sale I find to be very annoying.

To answer the question above yours re seats - I believe there were some fold down seats at the back of the RZ area that could be used BEFORE the concert started, but couldn't be used during the concert - not sure if that was enforced. Not sure that is the same here, but my assumption is that it is intended to be a roped off standing room only GA.
Very annoying to say the least.

yes. they did have fold down seats in the RZ but as i recall, the RZ's were not full and you could pretty much fold down the seat, which was on the back side of the RZ's if you wanted during the show. at least in YYZ.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #11
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerks View Post
I never sat in Red Zone, but I've done GA. There isn't a bad seat in GA in my eyes. I much prefer just to be there and hear the band. Sure I'd like to sit on Bono's lap, but it's pretty amazing no matter what you choose.

We won't know until we see the first show on how the stage works. It is confusing. I assume the band will spent 85% of their time near the Red Zone and then move around the stage at certain points... instead of a circle we get a line.
i hope you are right but then again, RZ was pretty far away from main stage for 360 on the claws edges...
Old 12-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyandkevinca View Post
hmmm...

That could just be based on sight lines/angles where 110 and 106 can be sold without being listed as "rear stage" whereas at the other end the main stage is larger/wider and therefore 4 sections get tagged as rear.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:20 AM   #13
Refugee

Any word on Red Zone prices from NY, Boston, Toronto, etc?
LadySpinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #14
Babyface

Local Time: 03:08 AM
Red Zone Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySpinHead View Post
Any word on Red Zone prices from NY, Boston, Toronto, etc?
Just got RZ for Boston first night. Yes, you can get RZ direct - for $350. Tried for seats first - got 2 in front row, but Ticketbastard - yes it's still that - "failed" in my first 4 attempts for tickets. My friend is still trying for 2nd night.
peggy2ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #15
The Fly

I am still trying - failed about 20 times for RZ ready to jump out a window. I HATE TM

Johnovox is offline   Reply With Quote