Re-Evaluate Your Seat (U2 Fan Style)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Many of your probably know this, but ticketmaster marks all the tickets with a number followed by an "x". So I had GA tickets last night and it said 3X. Often they would say 1X, but could be many reasons like Red Zone says 1X. I think my first night said 4X. It's a rating's system to determine in their eyes best to worse seats locations.

I got 172X for my Sec 420/Row 3 seats. Meaning in their eyes there 171 better sections to be in.

Anyway, it was much much better view and experience for me than that. I could see entire screen, sounded awesome (I think it was my favorite sound I heard, even better than the floor to my ears).

It's getting a 99X for me. It's a good seat. Now maybe two rows behind me you can't see anything, could be. But I walked around the chase bridge and the views changed dramatically, it was higher than my section.

My Sec 327 says 197X on it, meaning it's one of the worst seats in the house. Probably goes to 200. And I went to visit it, and it was above the screen. It was pretty much, HEARING ROOM ONLY.

Been to 3 shows so far in 3 different locales

In terms of sound, GA was pretty incredible. I positioned myself midway between the stages, about 3 rows back from the rail. I could see both stages really well, and given the band went up and down the catwalk a ton, I got some really good clear pictures. It was a neck strain to see the screen, and I couldn't see Bono walk around during the Cedarwood Road segment as I had done from the seats.

I also sat in 114. Theoretically side corner stage. I was seat 1. Slightly obstructed but generally a great view. Could see the screen well, it sounded good. At the $86 level its awesome.

I also sat in 103. Kind of a straight on view. Could only see the screen from an angle. You can see the e-stage well but not the main stage. The section was also dead in terms of energy.

For the cost the 114 ish area is really good.

Any pix from 114 seat 1?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

We went to the second show in Toronto. When we got to our seats (which cost about $300 each) they were awful. They were to the right and behind the stage, on the third row up from the floor. Not at all what we paid for. We were supposed to be on the exact opposite in the arena, right next to the tunnel where Bono enters the arena.

We went to the Fan Services desk and found out that the tour manager had rearranged the entire setup "just a couple of days ago!" He apparently hadn't cared that everybody had chosen their seats and paid for the good ones, because he didn't have any problem reversing the layout of the arena, making all the good seats bad, and all the bad seats good. WTF?

Fortunately for us, my wife was able to sweet talk a security guy and get us on the floor. It was a great spot and an amazing show, but we still paid four times as much as the people standing around us.

Now that is much worse than scalpers. Good work at least.

Now Is this a true story or you just a crazy Canadian?

Now that is much worse than scalpers. Good work at least.

Now Is this a true story or you just a crazy Canadian?

Not a Canadian. I live in Mississippi.

I was in Afghanistan when tickets went on sale and I called my wife and told her to get us seats for one of the Toronto shows. I hadn't ever been to Canada or to Niagara Falls, so I thought this was a great way to celebrate our anniversary (albeit a few weeks late) and also kill three birds with one stone. I told her to get the best seats she could through our fan club membership, and not to worry about the price.

So, the trip involved two $300 tickets, and 3,000 miles of driving round trip. You can imagine how pissed off we were when we found out what had been done at the last minute to the arrangement of the venue. How does somebody think it's ok to do something like that?:huh:

I haven't heard anything about it -- so surprised to hear this now. Of course -- I'd be pissed. I'm pissed off now for you and it already happened. At least your wife took care of it. However, in most venues, the answers would be "sorry, it's sold out. What can we do?"

They started with that sold out stuff, but then came up with a couple of seats they said would be better. They weren't. They were in basically the same place, but on the other side of the stage. That's when my wife sweet talked our way onto the floor.

GA in the middle is the best way to experience the concert IMO. Best seats would probably be side stage within the first dozen rows or so. I didn't sit in the upper sections so cant opine there.

Sent from my D6616 using U2 Interference mobile app

I rather enjoyed entering around at 645p strolling into the North Side and being right behind the rail peeps on Adams side.

So... Seats are good to see show, GA around RZ rail is good. And front is good. I actually think e-stage was not my favorite.

Behind the stage 112 overall favorite view. End seat.

Back
Top Bottom