Random Tour Musings and Who Wants My Gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BWU2Buffs

War Child
I don’t often post, but thought the final show the other night warranted a few musings.

The Miracle was a better show opener than I expected, in fact I liked it a lot. I wonder if others feel the same.

From the show I attended, a few Periscope nights and general audience and critic reaction it seems that IE Tour has exceeded expectations… so, if you are U2 how do you not capitalize on this momentum and wouldn’t it make sense to plug away at Songs of Experience to get it out.

While I don’t know the latest rumors (help a guy out if you do, confirmed or not) wouldn’t it seem smart to pursue something like November HBO Stuff, December / January announce more IE dates and try to mix in the Songs of Experience release sometime in the next six months?

I’m still not much of a fan of the band playing inside that catwalk cage, and I’d prefer to see Mysterious Ways and Elevation rotate out with other material rotated in a bit more, but that is just me.. and isn’t a little set list feedback required for a post like this?

I actually did NOT need a reason to get HBO, now I have one… I’m torn though – add HBO and cancel it all in the same week?

To Ax and the U2Gigs folks; all of the MeerKatterz and Periscoperz and people sharing shows and helping others view and listen virtually, thank you.

Lastly, I have my vinyl copy of the U2 gift Another Time Another Place and after it sat there for three days I realized there is like zero chance in hell with three pre-teens going a million directions I will ever have a chance to re-boot my vinyl collection to use it.

So if someone would like it, I’ll cough it up so you can enjoy it and I’ll download the songs if I can remember to look for them on U2 dot com.

Shotgun! If I may?

I agree with you on the idea of using the momentum to finish Songs of Experience and get it out soon. Before the European leg would be amazing and after the surprise of the last album released out of nowhere I wouldn't be surprised if they're keeping quiet about what stage the next ones at.

As for HBO at that time of year there's bound to be a few decent things on around the same time you might get lucky.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom