Question re "Transfer or Sell" Option - Red Zone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bacedge

The Fly
Long (long!) time fan who has seen many shows over the years since the early days,,,,,
Apologies if this has been raised previously. No doubt it has…..but it’s been a while since I’ve been on and just don’t have time to search through everything for a potential answer…
I’m travelling from Europe for some of the US shows, I had originally intended going to San Jose and then on to LA but due to unavoidable work scheduling and other matters, I now need to be back home before 26th so can’t do LA.

I bought 2 Red Zone VIP tix for LA which I would obviously not like to see going to waste. I have friends elsewhere in CA who may be able to use them, and if they can't I would like to sell them on ,,,,,,but I'm concerned that it says on the TM website that I can't Transfer or Sell them as it states that the Sell or Transfer option is not available and that the tickets are being held at the venue's box office where photo ID and the credit card used for purchase must be presented to collect them
Now in the past I've been able to arrange for others to collect tix where I've given them copies of the CC but I'm concerned about doing this now as I don't want people travelling all the way to the show in the event that this didn't work out.
Does anybody know if TM have agreed to allow Transfers or Sell Ons in such circumstances?
If not would they allow me to swap for Phoenix Friday show in the event I found somebody willing to swap?

Many thanks in anticipation

Here is an option. Since you are a legit fan who is 'stuck in a moment' cancel the cc and then mail it to your friends. Tell them to say they lost their ID on their travels and pray for an empathetic ticket agent. I don' t wish to endorse this behavior but clearly you have done nothing wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using U2 Interference mobile app

Good luck with that. The policy says no transfers even though it is a legit case.

Totally frustrated at this stage,,,,,,

To sum up, I've got the compelte runaround from TM and the promoter. I know the band outsource the running of these thigns and so can claim to distance themselves from it all, but I'm so frustrated about the whole fiasco that they are close to loosing a fan of the band since I first saw them in the late 70s (yes, before that 1st single)....
working long hours and living in Europe I don't have time to keep phoning or mailing the US about this so I think I'm just going to say feck them, go to the one show in the US that I can make it to as I'll be there anyway and then get rid of the tix I have for the European shows (at least they are hard copy and my sister will take them before anybody asks!)

Mr Frustration

I think you might be able to work this out once you get in the US. And even maybe at the San Jose box office/show. I would think these shows will have Ticket Master reps at the show (big tour).

I've never seen a ticketmaster rep at a venue box office. The best way to deal with Ticketmaster is over the phone, and as Headache said calmly ask for a supervisor. It's a hassle from overseas, but still. I know some people have had tickets refunded. Transfers haven't been allowed though.

I've never seen a ticketmaster rep at a venue box office. The best way to deal with Ticketmaster is over the phone, and as Headache said calmly ask for a supervisor. It's a hassle from overseas, but still. I know some people have had tickets refunded. Transfers haven't been allowed though.

I've never asked for one but they send people to some events. And more than likely they'll be at U2 show.

My buddy worked for Ticketmaster in Dallas during the 360 tour and got to go Oklahoma City to see U2. It was for work but he got to see most of the show.

Long (long!) time fan who has seen many shows over the years since the early days,,,,,
Apologies if this has been raised previously. No doubt it has…..but it’s been a while since I’ve been on and just don’t have time to search through everything for a potential answer…
I’m travelling from Europe for some of the US shows, I had originally intended going to San Jose and then on to LA but due to unavoidable work scheduling and other matters, I now need to be back home before 26th so can’t do LA.

I bought 2 Red Zone VIP tix for LA which I would obviously not like to see going to waste. I have friends elsewhere in CA who may be able to use them, and if they can't I would like to sell them on ,,,,,,but I'm concerned that it says on the TM website that I can't Transfer or Sell them as it states that the Sell or Transfer option is not available and that the tickets are being held at the venue's box office where photo ID and the credit card used for purchase must be presented to collect them
Now in the past I've been able to arrange for others to collect tix where I've given them copies of the CC but I'm concerned about doing this now as I don't want people travelling all the way to the show in the event that this didn't work out.
Does anybody know if TM have agreed to allow Transfers or Sell Ons in such circumstances?
If not would they allow me to swap for Phoenix Friday show in the event I found somebody willing to swap?

Many thanks in anticipation

All RZ tickets have been will call day of show only, with the exception of MSG (NYC), where will call only is prohibited by law. There was an option to transfer RZ tickets to a different name but the fine print said that was required within 10 days of purchase. There should be an email to contact on your receipt. I would suggest you send an email requesting the tickets be transferred and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom