Question re "Transfer or Sell" Option - Red Zone? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour Central - 2015 Archive > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2015, 06:35 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 07:32 PM
Question re "Transfer or Sell" Option - Red Zone?

Long (long!) time fan who has seen many shows over the years since the early days,,,,,
Apologies if this has been raised previously. No doubt it has…..but it’s been a while since I’ve been on and just don’t have time to search through everything for a potential answer…
I’m travelling from Europe for some of the US shows, I had originally intended going to San Jose and then on to LA but due to unavoidable work scheduling and other matters, I now need to be back home before 26th so can’t do LA.

I bought 2 Red Zone VIP tix for LA which I would obviously not like to see going to waste. I have friends elsewhere in CA who may be able to use them, and if they can't I would like to sell them on ,,,,,,but I'm concerned that it says on the TM website that I can't Transfer or Sell them as it states that the Sell or Transfer option is not available and that the tickets are being held at the venue's box office where photo ID and the credit card used for purchase must be presented to collect them
Now in the past I've been able to arrange for others to collect tix where I've given them copies of the CC but I'm concerned about doing this now as I don't want people travelling all the way to the show in the event that this didn't work out.
Does anybody know if TM have agreed to allow Transfers or Sell Ons in such circumstances?
If not would they allow me to swap for Phoenix Friday show in the event I found somebody willing to swap?

Many thanks in anticipation

Bacedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:38 AM   #2
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 08:32 PM
My suggestion would be to call or email Ticketmaster, they should be able to tell you.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #3
The Fly

Cheers, tnx
Old 04-28-2015, 01:55 PM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 10:32 AM
And please let us know what happens!
U2brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:14 PM   #5
The Fly

Local Time: 02:32 PM
Here is an option. Since you are a legit fan who is 'stuck in a moment' cancel the cc and then mail it to your friends. Tell them to say they lost their ID on their travels and pray for an empathetic ticket agent. I don' t wish to endorse this behavior but clearly you have done nothing wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using U2 Interference mobile app
moonbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Call Ticketmaster and if the first person doesn't give you the answer you want ask for a supervisor.

Don't be a douche and things should work out
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 02:58 PM   #7
The Fly

Good luck with that. The policy says no transfers even though it is a legit case.
moonbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #8
The Fly

Totally frustrated at this stage,,,,,,

To sum up, I've got the compelte runaround from TM and the promoter. I know the band outsource the running of these thigns and so can claim to distance themselves from it all, but I'm so frustrated about the whole fiasco that they are close to loosing a fan of the band since I first saw them in the late 70s (yes, before that 1st single)....
working long hours and living in Europe I don't have time to keep phoning or mailing the US about this so I think I'm just going to say feck them, go to the one show in the US that I can make it to as I'll be there anyway and then get rid of the tix I have for the European shows (at least they are hard copy and my sister will take them before anybody asks!)

Mr Frustration
Old 05-13-2015, 01:48 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:32 PM
I think you might be able to work this out once you get in the US. And even maybe at the San Jose box office/show. I would think these shows will have Ticket Master reps at the show (big tour).
zoopop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:32 AM
I've never seen a ticketmaster rep at a venue box office. The best way to deal with Ticketmaster is over the phone, and as Headache said calmly ask for a supervisor. It's a hassle from overseas, but still. I know some people have had tickets refunded. Transfers haven't been allowed though.
trojanchick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
I've never seen a ticketmaster rep at a venue box office. The best way to deal with Ticketmaster is over the phone, and as Headache said calmly ask for a supervisor. It's a hassle from overseas, but still. I know some people have had tickets refunded. Transfers haven't been allowed though.
I've never asked for one but they send people to some events. And more than likely they'll be at U2 show.

My buddy worked for Ticketmaster in Dallas during the 360 tour and got to go Oklahoma City to see U2. It was for work but he got to see most of the show.
zoopop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:43 PM   #12
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacedge View Post
Long (long!) time fan who has seen many shows over the years since the early days,,,,,
Apologies if this has been raised previously. No doubt it has…..but it’s been a while since I’ve been on and just don’t have time to search through everything for a potential answer…
I’m travelling from Europe for some of the US shows, I had originally intended going to San Jose and then on to LA but due to unavoidable work scheduling and other matters, I now need to be back home before 26th so can’t do LA.

I bought 2 Red Zone VIP tix for LA which I would obviously not like to see going to waste. I have friends elsewhere in CA who may be able to use them, and if they can't I would like to sell them on ,,,,,,but I'm concerned that it says on the TM website that I can't Transfer or Sell them as it states that the Sell or Transfer option is not available and that the tickets are being held at the venue's box office where photo ID and the credit card used for purchase must be presented to collect them
Now in the past I've been able to arrange for others to collect tix where I've given them copies of the CC but I'm concerned about doing this now as I don't want people travelling all the way to the show in the event that this didn't work out.
Does anybody know if TM have agreed to allow Transfers or Sell Ons in such circumstances?
If not would they allow me to swap for Phoenix Friday show in the event I found somebody willing to swap?

Many thanks in anticipation
All RZ tickets have been will call day of show only, with the exception of MSG (NYC), where will call only is prohibited by law. There was an option to transfer RZ tickets to a different name but the fine print said that was required within 10 days of purchase. There should be an email to contact on your receipt. I would suggest you send an email requesting the tickets be transferred and see what happens.

bfloxng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
la, red zone, sell, transfer